Ford Mustang fans?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Daz
Sojourner

Ford Mustang fans?

Postby Daz » Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:55 pm

I am not really one, BUUUUUT - I think this is nice:

Remember that? How about this:

Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:04 pm

My first two cars were classic Mustangs. Both were 1965 coupes, 289 v8. The first one was stolen, the second one was sold per my wife *mental bird*. I am hoping to buy a Boxter next year once I clear $100k for the year which should be in March *crosses fingers*. I am tired of cars that go fast bust cant handle. I think the Boxter would be a good buy for the money. Also have my eye on a 3M or 540i.

Toarn

I know I don't look excited, but on the inside it's all cartwheels and blowjobs.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:25 pm

Car of my dreams? '66 pony ragtop. Forget about the motor, that body style was pure art. ::drool::
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:31 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
Car of my dreams? '66 pony ragtop. Forget about the motor, that body style was pure art. ::drool::</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no ashiwi, 1967 ford cobra with the 427 cobra jet in it, now that is to drool for Image

------------------
Her Royal Bitchness Eye Aeturnum
Iktar
Sojourner

Postby Iktar » Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:38 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Keran:
<B>My first two cars were classic Mustangs. Both were 1965 coupes, 289 v8. The first one was stolen, the second one was sold per my wife *mental bird*. I am hoping to buy a Boxter next year once I clear $100k for the year which should be in March *crosses fingers*. I am tired of cars that go fast bust cant handle. I think the Boxter would be a good buy for the money. Also have my eye on a 3M or 540i.

Toarn

I know I don't look excited, but on the inside it's all cartwheels and blowjobs.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

screw the boxster!! forget the 540i

Nissan 350z !!

hella lot cheaper then boxster, just as fast and it can match boxster in every driving capabilities!! woOotTTT
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Fri Nov 01, 2002 7:27 pm

I have a Subaru Impreza Wrx and it kicks some tail. Small car that is basically a converted rally car with a turbocharged engine running around 240 hp, All wheel drive. It handles perfectly and I can dust any mustang out of a stop.

------------------
And shepherds we shall be, for Thee my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
We will flow a river forth unto Thee,
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritu Sancti.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Fri Nov 01, 2002 7:45 pm

ANY mustang, eh?

240hp isn't really . . . well, I'll let the 'stang fans educate ya.
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Fri Nov 01, 2002 7:49 pm

Power to weight ratio is a lot better on it.

------------------
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:24 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Daz:
<B>ANY mustang, eh?

240hp isn't really . . . well, I'll let the 'stang fans educate ya.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

daz, a 67 ford cobra has a little more then 240 hp, well actually alot more

------------------
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:28 pm

"The 2003 Mustang Mach 1 is expected to deliver more than 300 horsepower from its modular 4.6 litre, 4-valve, DOHC V8 engine when it goes on sale at the end of this year. Mach 1 styling cues include the shaker hood scoop, revised versions of the original "Magnum 500" chrome wheels, and "comfort-weave" leather seats."
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:32 pm

I have a 2000 Nissan Skyline R34 on order at Motorex. dont even ask the price.

who wants to race my 450hp awd monster? Image

i'm also on the list for the 2004 nissan skyline when it hits the states. this right side driving stuff is too quirky to get used to safely.
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:41 pm

The Sti version of the WRX should hit the states in 2003 also if it can meet emission regulations and it runs over 300 hp as well. It will probably run around 31,000. I thought about getting a Mustang but it isn't really rated as a very reliable car, and I really don't like front wheel drive cars.

------------------
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:17 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Teyaha:
<B>I have a 2000 Nissan Skyline R34 on order at Motorex. dont even ask the price.

who wants to race my 450hp awd monster? Image

i'm also on the list for the 2004 nissan skyline when it hits the states. this right side driving stuff is too quirky to get used to safely.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

go look at the horse power on a 67 ford cobra Image

------------------
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Fri Nov 01, 2002 11:12 pm

the late model RX7 is SWEEEEEET.

1400cc displacement with a 285bph @6.5krpm, 250 lbs of torque psqf at 5krpm. It redlines at 8000 rpms.

0-60 in 4.8 seconds
0-100 in 13.7 seconds

This car is a smooth ride too. Its got the closest shift pattern I've ever seen. Not to mention I just looked good in it.

ROAR. Cars are just ego on wheels baby. *drool*

Shar
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Fri Nov 01, 2002 11:22 pm

The heart of the Viper, its big V-10 has grown from 488 cubic inches to 505. (For the metric-minded, that's a hefty 8.3 liters.) It now puts out 500 horsepower and 500 foot-pounds of torque, power that comes on strong from the moment your foot first makes contact with the accelerator pedal. The engine is mated to a carryover six-speed Tremec manual gearbox.

Dodge's all-new Viper needed more horsepower like Bill Gates needs your pocket change. The last one we tested bulleted 0-60 mph in a hair over 4 sec and quick-fried the quarter in 12.19 sec at 119.15 mph. Fast enough?
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Fri Nov 01, 2002 11:40 pm

I have to agree that the Cobra is a mean looking ride. I would consider them an option if I could feel comfortable using one as a daily driver. The 427 had a tendancy to over-heat I think. But the sound of a big block, throaty V8 would be nice. I think the small blocks might be a good compromise. Perhaps a 351W or 351C would do.

For you american enthusiasts
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/speedway/4067/50fastest.htm

Curious if there is another site that has specs on foreign makes.

Toarn
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Fri Nov 01, 2002 11:44 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shar:
<B>the late model RX7 is SWEEEEEET.

1400cc displacement with a 285bph @6.5krpm, 250 lbs of torque psqf at 5krpm. It redlines at 8000 rpms.

0-60 in 4.8 seconds
0-100 in 13.7 seconds

This car is a smooth ride too. Its got the closest shift pattern I've ever seen. Not to mention I just looked good in it.

ROAR. Cars are just ego on wheels baby. *drool*

Shar</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. Late model RX7s are quick and have nice lines. The only minus is that they are undoubtedly "chick cars." Image

Oh well. Go chicks!

Toarn

[This message has been edited by Keran (edited 11-01-2002).]
jalahon
Sojourner

Postby jalahon » Sat Nov 02, 2002 2:20 am

The dodge viper is without a doubt the FASTEST car you can get for the money...not to mention the upgrades it can grab for around $40,000...its ashame the handling isnt the best. Then again, who needs to steer?!
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Sat Nov 02, 2002 2:32 am

Jalahon, the 2003 model viper has addressed that problem
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:54 pm

My little brother and I export Aussie muscle cars to the USA and Europe (and asia too) Primarily aussie XA XB and XC falcons and GT coupes.

If you dont know what an aussie falcon copue looks like the take a peek at our site. www.aussiexport.com

MAD MAX drove a black aussie coupe.

In my garage i have a black XA coupe with shaved doors (no handles, works on solanoids) chrome EVERYWHERE! and i mean everywhere! chrome tailshaft, 9 inch crome dif, all the suspention is crome... needs work but looks HOT!!!

www.aussiexport.com/aussiexport/xa1sale.htm

Oh and it has $17,000 worth of Mick Webbe built 351 V8 that runs part av-gas part premium... Is good for about 500HP....

It's for sale too if you have about $18K US to spend on the muscle car you can be sure everyone will notice!

*side note* your poxy cars are no match for my Yamaha YZF 600RK or my Honda VFR800FI

2 wheels is all ya need! and only 1 on the ground at a time :P

------------------
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Protector of Clan Prowlingwolf

[This message has been edited by Jasix Prowlingwolf (edited 11-03-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Jasix Prowlingwolf (edited 11-03-2002).]
jalahon
Sojourner

Postby jalahon » Sun Nov 03, 2002 5:28 pm

Daz, my roommates father has a 2003...its fast as balls, but still wouldnt recommend taking a hard turn at 50 or higher...only viper tthat seems to have a decent handling is the Henn.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:53 pm

67 or 68 Cobra Jets were also fondly known as Shelby Cobra GT350's or GT500's. Also now known more often these days as "Eleanor" cars. However, Eleanor was a custom job. Here's their website, where you can actually purchase the Eleanor body kits for your 67 or 68 Mustang Fastback.

http://www.mustangdepot.com

Here's a bit of info about the Shelby's, as quoted from http://www.musclecarplanet.com .

http://www.musclecarplanet.com/History/Ford_67.htm

That's for 1967, and here's the one for 68's.

http://www.musclecarplanet.com/History/Ford_68.htm

And for the Boss fans:

http://www.musclecarplanet.com/History/Ford_69.htm

Sadly, 1971 was the last year for 429 CJ's in Mustangs. Image

And then they went downhill after 1973.

And if you wanna drive a car like Joe Dirt did before he got his Hemi back...

http://www.musclecarplanet.com/History/Plymouth_70.htm

Deathmagnet
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Sun Nov 03, 2002 8:37 pm

Rofl Toarn. Yeah, it is a chick car but you know what? I'm a chick and it only improves the way I look.

ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

although, Ive always wanted to own a huge manly muscle car. Ive been told (in the past) that I looked like the animated version of "that heavy meatal chick" (not my words) and that I should drive a car like hers to get the real effect. I'd be all for a 350GT. *drool* Just wish i could afford one. Maybe one day when I find that elusive untapped oil well beneath that huge pine tree in my front yard.

***edit*** I will some day own a very fast crotch rocket!! Watch out for the chick in all black leather waiting for the light to change green. But first I need to figure out which I want. I truthfully don't know much about motorcycles. Need to research!

Shar -Queen of the 350GT

[This message has been edited by Shar (edited 11-03-2002).]
Silsaterur
Sojourner

Postby Silsaterur » Sun Nov 03, 2002 11:12 pm

Right now I am looking at a 2001 Bullitt Mustang with blue mystic(the one where it looks blue from one angle, and aqua from another) paintjob.

So far it looks like the moment I get my co-op I am gonna snag it, parents helped me knock 6k canadian off the price. They are possibly going to help me out by trading in their old F-150 as downpayment, So they can pick up a new one and I can get my car now... I'll just owe my parents money...

But yeah, 13.8k canadian for a 310ftlb monster... I think I can live with that, though it looks wierd seeing a stang sans spoiler.

So, in summation, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Sun Nov 03, 2002 11:49 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Keran:
<B>My first two cars were classic Mustangs. Both were 1965 coupes, 289 v8. The first one was stolen, the second one was sold per my wife *mental bird*. I am hoping to buy a Boxter next year once I clear $100k for the year which should be in March *crosses fingers*. I am tired of cars that go fast bust cant handle. I think the Boxter would be a good buy for the money. Also have my eye on a 3M or 540i.

Toarn

I know I don't look excited, but on the inside it's all cartwheels and blowjobs.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boxter ick. At least get a carerra Image

Also, the WRX would kick mosty cars ass off the line simply due to the awd. That 4wheel shit rocks Image

[This message has been edited by Maedor (edited 11-03-2002).]
Burpie
Sojourner

Postby Burpie » Sun Nov 03, 2002 11:57 pm

Ford sucks Image Tranny probs, 3.8L are guaranteed head gasket probs...yech! Taurus/sable's...god ford sucks! Aerostars and Windstars - these puppies keep transmission shops in business! Oh, and I like mustangs! Image

------------------
When a mob comes along, you must kill it! Kill it good!
Keran
Sojourner

Postby Keran » Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:01 pm

I have a work associate that has a '01 Boxter and it looks pretty sweet. He's got 6 tickets and was once clocked at 146mph (I saw the ticket). That's pretty fast. I would just like something quick and that can handle that would be nice to drive after driving my GMC Yukon for the past 2 years.

I dont really care for the lines on the Boxter but they are really affordable. I think the Carrera would be out of my price range. Aren't they like 70-80k? Maybe I can get a deal on a used one. Also, Porsches still sound like VWs to me with their whinning and such.

What is a boy to do?

Toarn
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Tue Nov 05, 2002 12:24 am

I'll race any of those muscle car types, even the WRX awd types, but I get to pick the course... *grin*

I've owned 3 pony cars, a 67 coupe, an 82 hatchback, and a 92 coupe. All displayed the same handling characteristics, but the first and last were lovely stylistically.

As to my current modus operendi...
a '97 Jeep Wrangler with a 3.5" suspension lift, detroit rear locker, and 33" tires. Next up a warn wench...

Guess where we'd be racing?

On an interesting side note, after watching the Transporter last week, I found out my lifted Jeep will do a four wheel drift on cornering... not bad, I thought it should have tried to roll on me.

Oh, and I like the look of the 350z, and the price, but think I'd rather go w/ a Mercedes SL500. For the budget minded, a tricked out Volvo C-70 with racing suspension, no governor on the turbo, and a power chip, as well as low profile tires should be pretty good.

Toplack

Also for those 2wheel fans, my old bike...

1984 ZX900, modified for racing by Dennis Zickerick (the guy who did the first two off the assembly line for GP racing). Weighed about 400lbs, put out about 150 horsepower at its peak. I never had it over 155mph, but still had a gear to go, and was accelerating smoothly up to that point.

------------------
Valke
Sojourner

Postby Valke » Tue Nov 05, 2002 9:47 am

Ooh! A good subject!
I had a mustang once, sold it though, 93' cobra, crappie color (teal) fast car for a mustang of that year!

Hp to weight ratio! put a tweeked 4.3 into an MG! now you talking some speed, add some flavor to the suspension and BAM! you have a car that cant sit still!

If I had my choice though! 540 bimmer (funny spelling huh!) 6 spd, manual tranny sets you back firmly in your seat, and your pocket book!

Now a mustang! Id have to go with that yellow boss i think it was, the one with the rollbar! perhaps a 64.5 red with white top!
and if it had to be a later model! 93' cobra R, drool drool!
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Tue Nov 05, 2002 12:52 pm

the ultimate car for me:

the mitsubishi 3000 GT.

its just beautiful.
Slavan
Sojourner

Postby Slavan » Tue Nov 05, 2002 8:26 pm

Mercedes SLK Roadster + Me = Heaven

Yet.... Lexus SC 430 Convertible + Me = Im a very happy camper!

[This message has been edited by Slavan (edited 11-05-2002).]

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”