why

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Daz
Sojourner

why

Postby Daz » Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:20 pm

do we waste our time and resources?
50 dead after rioting triggered by Miss World article

Rioters in Nigeria have stabbed pedestrians and torched churches during violent demonstrations which have left more than 50 people dead and scores more injured.

The protests were triggered by a newspaper article suggesting Islam's founding prophet might have chosen a wife from among contestants in the Miss World beauty pageant in Nigeria.

More than 50 people were stabbed, bludgeoned or burned to death and 200 were seriously injured in the violence in the northern city of Kaduna.

lets either leave them alone, or blow them all up.
Musi
Sojourner

Postby Musi » Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:43 pm

*boggle*

------------------
Musi "your happy little resser"
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Nov 21, 2002 11:10 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Daz:
<B>More than 50 people were stabbed, bludgeoned or burned to death and 200 were seriously injured in the violence in the northern city of Kaduna.

lets either leave them alone, or blow them all up.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it is a big deal to them.

------------------
Xisiqomelir OOC: 'Human girls are for eating '
Chandigar group-says 'FS: Full body armor, ac5, -5 hit -5 dam, prot mori'
Nekler group-says 'do NOT rescue mori. he is to die this trip :P'
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Fri Nov 22, 2002 2:29 am

yeah, but why is our country actively financing this primitive crap? what ever happened to humanitarian efforts and the such?

their entire fucking continent is in debt to us financially, and they are running around wearing fig leafs and stoning women.

i think their entire fucking culture needs to be wiped out, and we make the land fertile for raising cows and crops.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:24 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Daz:
<B>yeah, but why is our country actively financing this primitive crap? what ever happened to humanitarian efforts and the such?

their entire fucking continent is in debt to us financially, and they are running around wearing fig leafs and stoning women.

i think their entire fucking culture needs to be wiped out, and we make the land fertile for raising cows and crops.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because they are people, and because there is some instinctive part in people that tries to reach out and help others.

Admittedly, I think the terms of the help could have been different, but I'm afraid that for now I decline to espouse what you're proposing. Image

------------------
Nunaethil tells you 'You'll be missing out! So far we have the WD fountain totally under control.'
Erthyne
Sojourner

Postby Erthyne » Fri Nov 22, 2002 6:24 am

<B>i think their entire fucking culture needs to be wiped out, and we make the land fertile for raising cows and crops.

Daz, I can understand you being upset for that display of violence... but I hope you are kidding?

Because I think Hitler held similar view for the Jewish...
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Nov 22, 2002 7:48 am

Well no offense but time and time again they prove they are backwards, primitive morons. Maybe he's got a point.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:34 am

at what point do we stop carrying the whole god damn world on our back and own up to the fact that some of the world is nothing more than garbage.

oh no, they are humans, too.

we put cats to sleep because they are a burden, same for most 'pets.' we take care of them, we feed them and support them, if they become a burden, we have them put to sleep. little girls shed tears and someone sends a hallmark card, but its done.

just because i don't differentiate these countries from housepets i am lacking in humanity. so be it, but maybe i am a pragmatist(sp?).

if we aren't going to waste them, then leave them to evolution. if they can't support themselves, then oh well. be rid of them. in america people call out to bums 'get a job' or 'get off the drugs.' indicating that society thinks people should be able to take care of themselves.

why the double standard? were you all that moved by sally struthers as a child? did the national geographic specials move you to tears and convince you to join the peace corp? or do you sit at home and say, 'what kind of person is daz?' before going out to eat at some Thai carry-out restaraunt?

either let them take care of themselves, or let evolution do it for them. i don't look at these primitive barbaric countries as anything more than unmonitored animal cages. if i went there, id expect someone to sell popcorn while i ridiculed their archaic, primitive beliefs that people still cling to for fear of becoming current with the modern age.
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Fri Nov 22, 2002 11:42 am

Really theres only a few things that make the US government care about whats going on outside america.

1)The country its happening in has nuclear weapons.
2)The country its happening in has oil.
3)Someones fucking with a country that has nuclear weapons.
4)Someones fucking with our oil.

Shrug, observation.

-Gerad

------------------
Auril tells you 'Yes, we're plotting the destruction of all that is holy - and unholy, too. Just to be thorough.'
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Nov 22, 2002 2:37 pm

Ever consider the reason that they are so "backwards and barbaric?" Could it be that certain other nations coughenglandcoughunitedstatescough have been interefering with their evolution for hundreds of years, raping their continent of people and resources, may have possibly slowed up their admission into our modern world just a bit? No of course not, we wouldn't do anything like that. This is the most racist and unbelievably ignorant thing i have ever heard in my entire life. 400 years we stole people from this continent to be used as SLAVES, that stopped what? 200 years ago? And now since we can't do that anymore we should blow the friggin place to shreds because they haven't yet adapted to our style of culture? Even if your views are as fubared as they come off here, simple logic says you gotta give them another 200 years before you can pass any kind of judgement. We stepped on them to get ahead, now its time to reach a hand down and pull them up with us, not cut the rope below our feet and drop them to oblivion.

edit--- Remember the Salem witch trials? Maybe someone shoulda bombed those barbarians too...oh wait that was your great great great grandpa who did that.
------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

[This message has been edited by thanuk (edited 11-22-2002).]
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Nov 22, 2002 2:41 pm

Thanuk: I honestly think it has more to do with the constant warfar _within_ the middle east than our interference.

It's like inner city poor people. They have nothing, so they revert to crime constantly. However, that very reversion keeps them from ever really being able to pull out of the gutter. As long as teenagers (middle easterners) kill each other for sneakers (land/religion) they will never advance beyond the common thug.

------------------
Every problem in the universe can be solved by finding the right long-haired prettyboy and beating the crap out of him.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Nov 22, 2002 2:49 pm

blow them all up.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

we can see the romanticist in Daz leaking out Image

------------------
Every problem in the universe can be solved by finding the right long-haired prettyboy and beating the crap out of him.
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:06 pm

it was being done long before the united states was even formed... dont think its new.. dont blame the us.. they think they are doing 'right' and thinking they are helping.. whos to say their not if the people they are helping want it?

us cant do anything w/o that countrys consent. so every time you say the us is bad, you say that the country it helped is too

------------------
MoM-D
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Fri Nov 22, 2002 4:58 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sarvis:
<B> we can see the romanticist in Daz leaking out Image

touche!!!
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Nov 22, 2002 5:10 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sarvis:
<B>Thanuk: I honestly think it has more to do with the constant warfar _within_ the middle east than our interference.

It's like inner city poor people. They have nothing, so they revert to crime constantly. However, that very reversion keeps them from ever really being able to pull out of the gutter. As long as teenagers (middle easterners) kill each other for sneakers (land/religion) they will never advance beyond the common thug.

Sarvas:
Nigeria is in Africa. See Cherzra's geography post.

Zoldren:
I didn't say it was the United State's fault. We didn't do it, they did. What I AM saying is that due to our actions in history, we owe it to countries like Nigeria to try and help them out of their poverty stricken condition.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

[This message has been edited by thanuk (edited 11-22-2002).]
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:56 pm

Heh... I didn't actually read most of that first post. Oops. Assumed that we were talking about middle east because of Islam and oil being involved. :bonk me:

------------------
Krogenar
Sojourner

Postby Krogenar » Fri Nov 22, 2002 9:15 pm

<B>yeah, but why is our country actively financing this primitive crap? what ever happened to humanitarian efforts and the such?

Why kill anyone? We should just go there, and declare it the 51st American State. Trust me, worse things could happen to these people, than to be conquered by Americans.

I envision a world dominated by the U.S. - a Pax Americana! We'd build McDonald's, roads, sell the natives beanies babies and Flowbies. They'd be in heaven, instead of having crap and flies on their faces.

It's true that the continent has had problems since colonialism ended. Before the Europeans came to Africa, the native people divided themselves up into different tribes. The Europeans drew boundaries around people, regardless of their tribal affiliation. That made it difficult for them. But after the 'evil' Europeans left, the country has basically become a total sh*thole. I'm not happy about it, but it's true.

Take South Africa for example. The natives became so angry that white people had farms, that they forcibly seized the farms, with the government allowing it to happen.

Result? Massive food shortages since no one knew how to run the farms. What a joke!

------------------
- Krogenar
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Fri Nov 22, 2002 9:16 pm

interference?

lets not forget whythese people are so violent - because they are ignorant.

education is non existent in these countries because of ass backwards ancient religous believes. warlords own provinces and people within them and deem who will die today, because they, 9 out of 10, have had a strong education. they've risen to power and wish to make sure no one else can to take it away from them.

watched black hawk down? i dont remember exact warlord names, but tha warlord that was doing all that crap in sumalia? well he died, and his brother who was going to college in the states took over and he's WORSE!

i'm tired of seeing suicide bombings of civilians. i'm tired of seeing all this crap. if you were in israel you sure as hell would not willingly grant palestine it's own state since it would mean your entire country would be surrouned by your worst enemies, and you would most likely have to fitght a three border war like in the 70's.

the palestinian people are ruled by terrorists, and bleeding hearts want to give them a country.

ranting....
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Nov 22, 2002 11:00 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Teyaha:
<B>interference?

lets not forget whythese people are so violent - because they are ignorant.

tha warlord that was doing all that crap in sumalia? well he died, and his brother who was going to college in the states took over and he's WORSE!

i'm tired of seeing suicide bombings of civilians. i'm tired of seeing all this crap. if you were in israel you sure as hell would not willingly grant palestine it's own state since it would mean your entire country would be surrouned by your worst enemies, and you would most likely have to fitght a three border war like in the 70's.

the palestinian people are ruled by terrorists, and bleeding hearts want to give them a country.

ranting....</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hrm.

The Iraqis are ruled by a dictator with an iron fist, who is a terror to his own people. By analogy, should we go to war due to this?

------------------
Nunaethil tells you 'You'll be missing out! So far we have the WD fountain totally under control.'
Marforp
Sojourner

Postby Marforp » Sat Nov 23, 2002 12:14 am

Yeah all countries that hang people that someone says is a witch should be overthrown. All countries that keep people as slaves should be overthrown. All countries that throw people that have done nothing in concentration camps should be overthrown. All countries that use smallpox in biological warfare should be overthrown. All countries that came close to exterimating an entire race of people should be overthrown.

Wait a minute the U.S. did each of these and more in the past. Granted I don't believe we can look at the past and say well we did this so it is okay for you to do this...you will outgrow those actions. However, people do need to realize that "we" the greatest nation on earth have done these things before.

p.s. I do realize that not everyone is from the U.S. and many would disagree regarding the greatest nation on earth, but the general point stands.

------------------
Marforp / Sasdor
and now the new improved Pofas!!
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:27 am

in no other na tion in the world do we have the personal freedoms we all take for granted.

how many of you were unemployed, living off our government, mudding the whole time? i rest my case.

and no we shouldnt go to war in iraq unless there is just provocation - ie. the slaughtering of innocent civilians......

oh wait, he did that already, several times, using poison gas. can anyone say kurdish?

we didnt act then, and acting now is just a reason to get his oil (although we really dont get much oil from arab nations, and russia has more oil than all the arab nations put together), but dont attempt to blame us interference on this. it's US inactivity that has let it get this far. we should have gotten rid of him when we had the chance 10 years ago, instead of bowing ot international pressure.

and it's not just him. Hamas is just as evil as al-qaeda ever was.

the only solution that has ever worked is education, and as long as jerkfaces like sadaam prevent his people from receiving education this will never end.

and dont wave the slavery, witch trial et al flags around. no country has a pristine history.
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Sat Nov 23, 2002 3:36 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Teyaha:
no country has a pristine history. </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about Pago Pago?

- Grungar "I I love love double double Chex Chex" Forgefire
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sun Nov 24, 2002 3:40 pm

The country we are talking about is NIGERIA. The reason we are talking about NIGERIA, located in AFRICA, is because they had a riot over a muslim leader marrying a woman from the miss world contest. Why dont you read the f*cking post before you go on a rant about the middle east? Education=literacy=READING=not looking like a fool because your talking about the wrong subject.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw

[This message has been edited by thanuk (edited 11-24-2002).]
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun Nov 24, 2002 3:44 pm

Gee... and here I'd thought I already apologized for that. I guess I should just leave the BBS in shame because skipping a couple lines in a long post I wasn't really that interested in just show how much of an illiterate idiot I am. Image

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sarvis (edited 11-24-2002).]
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sun Nov 24, 2002 5:38 pm

dont be a tool thanuk. i'm responding to comments make in the thread, which may or may not always be directly related to the original thread's question.

and somalia is where, genius?
Shaundakul

Postby Shaundakul » Sun Nov 24, 2002 6:20 pm

whups Image

[This message has been edited by Shaundakul (edited 11-24-2002).]
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Mon Nov 25, 2002 3:55 pm

"they had a riot over a muslim leader marrying a woman from the miss world contest."

I'm pretty sure the riot occured because a newpaper wrote in a story that the women were so beautiful that even muhammad would marry one. No actual marrage occured.

I like cheese.

------------------
Rausrh licks you.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:08 pm

<B>dont be a tool thanuk. i'm responding to comments make in the thread, which may or may not always be directly related to the original thread's question.

and somalia is where, genius?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sarvis, my 2nd post on the location of Nigeria was directed toward Teyaha, not you, sorry if it wasnt clear.

Teyaha, when i state my opinion of what the U.S. should do concerning problems in Nigeria, and you respond to them as though they were my opinions of what the U.S. should do concerning problems in Iraq, it becomes impossible to have a rational discussion. If you wanna talk about the middle east, go right ahead. I am talking about Nigeria, so when you respond MY comments, realize that they in no way concern the middle east. It makes it easier to discuss a subject if you are both speaking about the same subject.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Zagaz
Sojourner

Postby Zagaz » Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:13 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thanuk:
<B> It makes it easier to discuss a subject if you are both speaking about the same subject.

Bah...that is over rated, much more entertaining if neither of you are talking about the same thing and debating endlessly back and forth. Image

------------------
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Mon Nov 25, 2002 8:32 pm

Zagaz,
Umm no. You are completely off base. I don't know where you get your simple minded ideas from or what assine thought process you go through to get them. The Cheese MUST be aged at LEAST three years before it is eaten. No less. Why don't you do some reasearch before posting drivel like that?

------------------
Rausrh licks you.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Nov 25, 2002 8:33 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rausrh:
<B>"they had a riot over a muslim leader marrying a woman from the miss world contest."

I'm pretty sure the riot occured because a newpaper wrote in a story that the women were so beautiful that even muhammad would marry one. No actual marrage occured.

I like cheese.

didn't muhammad had mutiple wives? and wasn't one of them 9 year old when he married her or was it, she was 13? any muslin can clarify this for me?
Zagaz
Sojourner

Postby Zagaz » Mon Nov 25, 2002 8:49 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rausrh:
<B>Zagaz,
Umm no. You are completely off base. I don't know where you get your simple minded ideas from or what assine thought process you go through to get them. The Cheese MUST be aged at LEAST three years before it is eaten. No less. Why don't you do some reasearch before posting drivel like that?

You my friend are a crazy embecile, what does it matter if I cannot place Manganese on the periodic tabel and tell you it's atomic weight? How does that affect my daily life? What is the atomic weight of a molecule of cheese anywho?

------------------
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:29 pm

i dont know if zagaz and raursh post to each other was sarcasm and jokes or if they were real anger between the two.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:45 pm

im with daz on this one im sorry but i dont see why we hafto mess with a group of ppl that diserve to be drug out back and shot because they cant take care of themselves....the only reason america has power and money is because we torture these people by doing these things and when they try to stand up and make it known we beat them down....we have beat thses people down so much that they have no self will any more and resort to violence and savagry.. as said above we treat cats dogs and other various animals with respect but the moment they become a burden we toss them out the door and the same has been done to many people (bums) i think daz is right... let evolution take them if they cant handle it oh well.....

c 'flame shield' self
Zagaz
Sojourner

Postby Zagaz » Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:58 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sok:
i dont know if zagaz and raursh post to each other was sarcasm and jokes or if they were real anger between the two.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I took it with sarcasm, I even spelled imbecile wrong, ah well....

Je suis le chocolat!!

------------------
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:58 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sok:
<B>
didn't muhammad had mutiple wives? and wasn't one of them 9 year old when he married her or was it, she was 13? any muslin can clarify this for me?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IIRC nine is more accurate, but let's wait for Arases to answer; I'm sure he knows.

If I recall correctly she was his favorite wife, and honored even after his death - people continually asked her for advice.

Btw, you can tell how hot a topic is by how many edits there are and how many flames must be retracted.

------------------
Kiaransalee responds to your petition with 'look on the bright side, I just saved you some corpses. We all know you would have gotten spanked'
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Mon Nov 25, 2002 10:51 pm

I believe CNN said there were 215 total dead as of today.....sad.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:13 am

iraq has bearing on this discussion.

it was the united states that put sadaam in power, which relates to your interference post from earlier on.

the united states spends too much time propping up governments in the hope that they will be democratic only to have it blow up in their faces. we interefer too damned much. if they want to nuke themselves into oblivion, go ahead. then we can take over what's left, make it into our second largest subarb and call it 'canada 2'

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 26, 2002 5:02 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zagaz:
<B>
You my friend are a crazy embecile, what does it matter if I cannot place Manganese on the periodic tabel and tell you it's atomic weight? How does that affect my daily life? What is the atomic weight of a molecule of cheese anywho?

Manganese is right between Chromum and Iron
It's atominc weight is 54.93805
It affects your daily life as it is crucial to the effectiveness of vitamin B1.

You'll have to be more specific on the cheese though, there are various kinds ya know!

------------------
Azuth God of Wizardry and Majiks
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Tue Nov 26, 2002 5:13 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Azuth:
<B> Manganese is right between Chromum and Iron
It affects your daily life as it is crucial to the effectiveness of vitamin B1.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Word up, Mn is a rather important metal in many proteins and cofactors. Plus, potassium permanganate stains stuff purple. Like my lab book and my skin. Heh.

- Grungar "Just a reason away from that something that keeps me sane" Forgefire
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Tue Nov 26, 2002 5:15 am

if they want to nuke themselves into oblivion, go ahead. then we can take over what's left, make it into our second largest subarb and call it 'canada 2'</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mmmm, chances are, they wouldn't wanna nuke themselves, so much as they'd wanna nuke us. I kinda have a problem with that. Hell, I have a problem with nuclear weapons of any sort.

- Grungar "Whoa, I just pulled a Moritheil!" Forgefire
fildur
Sojourner

Postby fildur » Tue Nov 26, 2002 9:58 am

<B>and no we shouldnt go to war in iraq unless there is just provocation - ie. the slaughtering of innocent civilians......

oh wait, he did that already, several times, using poison gas. can anyone say kurdish?

just cant hold my breath anymore.

_anyone_ that has the slightest knowledge of modern history knows that noone moved a finger as a response to the halabja-masacre. when it first was mensioned from leaders in the west was during the buildup b4 the kuwait-war...two years later!!!

when us oil interests were threatened in the early 80s by the ayatholas in iran the us supported saddam. saddam tho wasnt a "goodguy" back then either. when saddam by attacking kuwait threatened american oil interests then ofcause the us had to act. its just natural that the average us citizen causes about 2 times more co2 than any other average citizen in the world, right...

to say that any us war has been righteos (or however its spelled) the passed 100 yrs would be a big pile of.....i dunno if its horsedung or bs, readers chooses.

/fil
*edit* sorry misdirected rant, rant still stands tho in general:P*/edit*

[This message has been edited by fildur (edited 11-26-2002).]
Arases
Sojourner

Postby Arases » Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:36 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> didn't muhammad had mutiple wives? and wasn't one of them 9 year old when he married her or was it, she was 13? any muslin can clarify this for me? </font>

Yes, he did, though none were as young as was stated in this thread. In fact, most were much much older than him and all of them widows whose husbands died in the skirmishes during that time. The marriages were also marriages in name only, done to protect these women and their children from the prejudice of the Arabic people towards widows, then.

[This message has been edited by Arases (edited 11-26-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Arases (edited 11-26-2002).]

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 26, 2002 2:30 pm

I wont even dignify this thread with a serious response.
Zagaz
Sojourner

Postby Zagaz » Tue Nov 26, 2002 2:42 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Azuth:
<B> Manganese is right between Chromum and Iron
It affects your daily life as it is crucial to the effectiveness of vitamin B1.

You'll have to be more specific on the cheese though, there are various kinds ya know!

Wow, I did not know that, thank you for informing me. I always loved manganese, my high school physics teacher made is sound so funny when he said it. Oh, and about the cheese, how about strong cheddar?

We done love us some flamin', yo!

------------------
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Tue Nov 26, 2002 2:45 pm

"i dont know if zagaz and raursh post to each other was sarcasm and jokes or if they were real anger between the two."

Boggle. I mean I like cheese and all, but I don't think I would flame someone over it.

Except for you, you farking motherless son of a goat! If you don't start showing some respect for the curd and the whey I swear I will have someone come over to you house and return to me the body part of my choice.
I am so sick of the whiney liberals that sit down to dinner every night and eat meals made with tasty cheese, but never have the damn common curtesy to show respect for that which allows them to do so.

------------------
Rausrh licks you.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:33 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fildur:
<B> to say that any us war has been righteos (or however its spelled) the passed 100 yrs would be a big pile of.....i dunno if its horsedung or bs, readers chooses.

/fil
*edit* sorry misdirected rant, rant still stands tho in general:P*/edit*

[This message has been edited by fildur (edited 11-26-2002).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See WWII. Do you have blonde hair and blue eyes? If not, you cant thank the United States for the very fact that you are alive today.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
fildur
Sojourner

Postby fildur » Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:53 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thanuk:
<B> See WWII. Do you have blonde hair and blue eyes? If not, you cant thank the United States for the very fact that you are alive today.

phew, the wwii-rant, shouldnt even bother, but the us did nothing b4 the japaneese attacked pearlharbour, the main us war was in the pasific etc, yall know bout that. yall know bout the terror bombings of dresden etc, etc...

no, we aint owe you nuffin for wwii.

yah sure im no jew, but so what. the fact that half our continent was bombed down to 1 ft high is not justifiable by the fact that there was sme madman running around "somwhere" about there...
/fil
Krogenar
Sojourner

Postby Krogenar » Tue Nov 26, 2002 7:40 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Marforp:
Yeah all countries that hang people that someone says is a witch should be overthrown.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arab countries are among the most intolerant of other religions.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">All countries that keep people as slaves should be overthrown.</font>

How about the Sudan? Slavery continues to exist in that African country.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">All countries that throw people that have done nothing in concentration camps should be overthrown. All countries that use smallpox in biological warfare should be overthrown.</font>

Sadaam Hussein throws people in his dungeons... does that count? Oh, and he has used biological weapons againts minorities in his country - that's genocide.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">All countries that came close to exterimating an entire race of people should be overthrown.</font>

Ask the Kurds about Saddam. They would tell you that he used mustard gas against them, in an attempt to kill them all off.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Wait a minute the U.S. did each of these and more in the past. Granted I don't believe we can look at the past and say well we did this so it is okay for you to do this...you will outgrow those actions.</font>

Has the U.S. burned any witches at the stake lately? That was hundreds of years ago, before the U.S. was even a nation! As for slavery, the U.S. was the first modern nation to outlaw it - and we fought a civil war over it. Your last comment is the most astounding of all. Saddam isn't a tyrant in your opinion.. he's just, immature? He just needs more time alone with his people, is that it? Saddam is menace, and if he can get his hands on a nuclear device the situation won't improve.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> However, people do need to realize that "we" the greatest nation on earth have done these things before.</font>

I'm not aware of any time in America's history in which we practiced genocide, or used small pox as a weapon. Please show me when and where these events occured.

------------------
- Krogenar
Krogenar
Sojourner

Postby Krogenar » Tue Nov 26, 2002 7:48 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fildur:
its just natural that the average us citizen causes about 2 times more co2 than any other average citizen in the world, right...</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

America uses more resources than other countries, that's true.

America also produces much more agriculturally than any other nation - we basically feed the world. Small price to pay for some extra breathing. Image From a global perspective, Americans are a good investment.

------------------
- Krogenar

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”