Questions about mage classes?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Ajah
Sojourner

Questions about mage classes?

Postby Ajah » Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:00 pm

What mage class is the most powerful in everyones opinions? I would also like to know why you think so as well.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:32 pm

Enchanters. You can't do anything without them, and they can do plenty without you.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:59 pm

I am an enchanter, and I have to say that even at level 40 (and leveling fast!) I have to agree. I feel that my character is useful, and very powerful.

BUT!

This is not a class that I feel you can 'bot' or 'script.' I just played a 6 hour XP run and not ONCE did I get to kick
back and enjoy a ride. I had to lead, spellup, mem, check conditions, etc.

I would ONLY suggest playing enchanter to those who love long sessions of non-afk activity on the mud. Do you want to keep yourself working nonstop? Respond to requests from EVERYONE for EVERYTHING? stone, globe, blur, haste, di, dm, enlarge, reduce, str, dex, etc, etc.

It is your job to give this things, and you are gonna be one unhappy camper, or at least a frustrated one, if you do not enjoy this.

I for one LOVE being a spellbitch. I don't really wanna play anything else. I have every intention of getting level 46, zoning, and then being on as much as i can to zone with anyone who asks me to do any zone.

This class rocks if its what you are looking for.
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:13 pm

Illusionists. With mislead, feign death, rainbow pattern, sequester, displace, mirror image, camo, invis, change self, fold, and decent nukes, you don't wanna know what you can twink with them. You can't be tracked/summoned/dim doored to by anything, can send a shade in to scout it out or tank it if it's < lvl 47ish and doesn't di, do decent damage to kill things, and have nearly !fail stuns to stop spells and switches.

I'm still figuring the high end game out for them being only lvl 38 atm too, heh.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:50 pm

Each mage class has their own little 'most powerful' niche. If you want to be the best at dealing damage, then invoker. If you want to be the best at soloing, then elementalist. If you want to be the most useful to groups, then enchanter. If you want to command undead minions, then necromancer. Illusionists are nice and rounded, a good combination of defense and offense.

------------------
-Yayaril
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Nov 30, 2002 11:38 pm

I dont know which is the most powerful class but illusionists are definately the funnest. In my humble opinion of course Image

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sun Dec 01, 2002 3:54 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Corth:
<B>I dont know which is the most powerful class but illusionists are definately the funnest. In my humble opinion of course Image

Corth

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since when do people listen to you!?

------------------
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Sun Dec 01, 2002 9:54 am

Well, I'll speak from a very biassed perspective.

I dig Shaman. Sure, they don't blow mobs away like Nukers. Sure, they don't protect, and enhance like 'Chanters. Sure they don't make you Sneaky, Sneaky, like Illusionists. Sure they can't control the undead, or make anyone into an earth/air/fire/water elemental, but they can heal a bit for the group, stone a bit, steal the souls from the hearts of the enemy, and bring a friend along.

So, while they all have great points, my love as a class, is da Shaman.

Toplack Frostbear

son of

Gort Bearslayer

------------------
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Sun Dec 01, 2002 10:25 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gort:
<B>Well, I'll speak from a very biassed perspective.

I dig Shaman. Sure, they don't blow mobs away like Nukers. Sure, they don't protect, and enhance like 'Chanters. Sure they don't make you Sneaky, Sneaky, like Illusionists. Sure they can't control the undead, or make anyone into an earth/air/fire/water elemental, but they can heal a bit for the group, stone a bit, steal the souls from the hearts of the enemy, and bring a friend along.

So, while they all have great points, my love as a class, is da Shaman.

Toplack Frostbear

son of

Gort Bearslayer

One problem Gort, shaman isn't a mage :P

------------------
Gindipple (Gnome) stands here.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Dec 04, 2002 8:33 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gindipple:
<B> One problem Gort, shaman isn't a mage :P

Yeah they are... they're supposedly mage/priest.

------------------
Kiaransalee responds to your petition with 'look on the bright side, I just saved you some corpses. We all know you would have gotten spanked'

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”