Conjurer any good?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.

Conjurer any good?

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 15, 2001 12:14 pm

I remember long time ago I was playing conjurer and it was sooo great...

Either casting 1500 hp fire mental so he tank for big groups, either casting 3000 hp earth, fully equiping him, casting haste, stoneand being able to kill elite guard in WD alone Image etc....

But now I see that no one talk about conjurer anymore (or almost).. I would like to know what happened to this class.... because I will re-start to play (after a 3-years absence) and want to restart a new conjurer... but if this class now suck.. maybe I will change my mind.

I specially want to know.... what are the spells conjurer still have? (all the spells at each circle).. are the pets still any good (getting 1500 hp fire, 3000+ earth etc)? are they still THE tank or they are now unused in big group... or... anything like that so I can choose if this class still fun to play or not.

Thanks
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Thu Mar 15, 2001 1:15 pm

Both conjurer pets and shaman spirits were downed last wipe.

Conjurers got max 1100hp wraithforms (if you got a REALLY lucky one), 3000hp solids and shaman spirits around 1000hp.

Additionaly, fire mentals were no longer healable by fireballs and other fire spells, just cloud.

I do believe conjurers did get a few new spells, power word blind and some stuff I can't recall. Conjurers were still the ultimate solo class, especialy when PWB was permanent. They then changed it to permanent for mobs < your level, and like 5 mins duration for mobs > your level.

For big zones pets were still an absolute must, nobody in their right mind would send a pc warrior into a room with 9 manscorpions. PC gets bashed on entry, and dies 2 seconds later. Wraithform mental / spirit zone only.

From what I understand, the admins want more emphasis on pctanking this time around, but frankly I don't see that as an option for high level zones unless mob damage is severely downgraded, pctanking skills/hp are upgraded, etc. I hope that they make pctanking and mental tanking equally strong, since pctanking might be used for xping or whatever, and mentals might be needed for bigger zones. And in all honesty, conjuring is what conjurers do, so they should get big pets.

Also conjurers and shamans are getting a lot of changes now, to perhaps make up for smaller pets.

Cherzra Eat Slime
Relnor
Sojourner

Postby Relnor » Thu Mar 15, 2001 1:27 pm

Hello Tyr, and welcome back Image

I dont know what they have done to conjies for Soj3, i havent seen any posts from God-type people about them.

Last wipe Conjurers were definately used in most groups/zones. I only got to level 39, but i was pulling almost 1k wraiths and did pull a few 2k+ solids. I know that the bigger guys could get much better than that, but im not sure exactly, 1.3ish wraiths or so? We got a couple downgrades to mental size last wipe too..

I dont know if our spells have really changed much since your time. These are the spells i can remember for each circle (its been almost a year so the lists arent complete by any means...)

1st - Magic Missile, Detect Magic, Detect invis, Ventrilo, Minor C

2nd - Invis, Chill Touch, Burning Hands, (more)

3rd - Shocking Grasp, Dispel Magic, (more)

4th - Ray of Enfeeblement, Lightning Bolt, (more)

5th - Conjure Elemental (more)

6th - Stone Skin, Fireball, Cone of Cold

7th - Haste, Dim Door

8th - Pwb, Pws

9th - nothing i think

10th - disentigrate

Thats the only ones i can remember, prolly cause those are the only ones i ever used.
If someone has a full list of the spells last wipe, please post them, I'd like to see them all as well.

Conjurers weren't able to solo well at high levels, they had no real damage spells. But I could always find a group so it never bothered me that much.

Overall i thought they were a fun class to play, but they just need a lil' something extra to make them special. Druids & Shamans have gotten upgrades that sound nice, so I'm still hoping for something spanky for us too Image

I hope my ramblings helped a bit Image

Relnor, Waiting for March 26th

[This message has been edited by Relnor (edited 03-15-2001).]
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Mar 15, 2001 5:58 pm

There will be some big news concerning Conjurers sometime tonight or possibly tomorrow.

Don't worry, I didn't forget ya. Image

-- Shevy
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Fri Mar 16, 2001 1:11 am

Big news for conjurers?
Does that mean we can have Barbarian conjurers again?
*Roar*
Casters with bodyslam rule! 300 naked hp
oh and my fav
Jasix starts casting a spell *****************************************************************************************************
Jasix completes his spell and a magic missile misses it's target.

Jasix rather be slow and sexy then wimpy and quick.

More Beer!

------------------
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Protector of Clan Prowlingwolf
Sizzraxxil
Sojourner

Postby Sizzraxxil » Fri Mar 16, 2001 3:01 am

I got to 39th level as a yuanti conj before MUD went down.

At very good spec/spellcast summon I was getting wraith from 200 to 1.3k and solids from 300 to 3k. I could get a 800 to 1.1k wraith or a 2.5k+ solid without to much trouble (ie. having to cast a million times). I don't know exactly when you quit Tyr but I know that back in the old days you could just tog fol and recast yer elemental. They got rid of that not long after I first started a conj.. I can't remember how long ago. You have to dispel the elemental now and then tog fol and recast. As well, as it was mentioned above, only fire based area effect spells could heal fire elementals.

Conjurer's could most definately solo xps when they were lower (21 to 30) with good results but much past that and you just can't kill fast enough to be worth it (least in my opinion). I found that a conjurer's solo skills reside in making those one time kills for a piece of equipment. I also thought conjurer made a good exploration class since they could resummon a tank quickly and cast other helpful spells.

In the bigger zones conjurer's still played an effective role being able to stone as well as use elementals as a tank/scout.

All in all I found conjurer's to be a fun class to play and would definately recomend them to anyone who likes to be able to solo as well as group and be effective at both.

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 16, 2001 12:25 pm

I quit right after they put this "can't tog emmental anymore.. they comes aggro to you".

When you say you have to dispel them... does it mean the only thing you have to do is casting dispel magic then tog fol and that's it? or you have to kill him?.... Because i don't see a conjurer killing a 3k earth emmental alone Image

Btw... about the BIG changes that are going to be done to conjurer... I hope conjurers will still have the same "Role"... I mean.. good at solo one mob for equipment, semi-good for solo exp at mid level and very useful in group (tank) that's why i loved this class...
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Fri Mar 16, 2001 1:13 pm

When snakes were just in I remember a lazy smartass snake conjurer ordering his mentals into the tar pits, instead of dispelling it. As luck would have it a god noticed, and while we were doing BG xp said god transferred all the mentals (about a dozen) out of the pit into BG. They were now aggro to the conj and tracked him, boy did he die fast. Muhahaha!

Cherzra

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 19, 2001 4:53 pm

What is the best race for a conjurer? Gnome, Elf or human.. or something else?
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Mon Mar 19, 2001 8:37 pm

I dunno i think the best tank was super Blung with his caster hp equipment on. better than any elemental.
Sizzraxxil
Sojourner

Postby Sizzraxxil » Wed Mar 21, 2001 9:25 pm

The best race for a conjurer?

Depends on how much of a challenge you want and if you plan on making it to the high levels. I played a gnome conj long ago(Jibble Ziffernopple) got to 47. I found that they had the best mem times but low hitpoints, they also had good agi.. wasn't much use but still good. I also played a yuan-ti conj for mem times I think they were the second best or just as good as gnomes, they also have more hitpoints and good agi.. but can't wear earrings, boots, or leggings plus they start on Hyssk... which isn't nice to new players. If you wanted an easy race to start with I'd go with human since they start in WD and have ok memtimes and decent hps.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”