Weird little things about yourself

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Jenera
Sojourner

Weird little things about yourself

Postby Jenera » Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:58 pm

Another stupid topic brought to you by yours truly. I was wondering if any of you have any weird habits or things you do. I, for example, use the mouse upside down and have been since I was 9 years old. What about you? Image

------------------
You group-say 'Damn is everyone and their mother in this zone tonight?'
Shalruk group-says 'Yeah, Dartan and Corth are together'
Silsaterur
Sojourner

Postby Silsaterur » Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:01 pm

Lets see,

I sit crosslegged in my chair... it's just more comfy that way... Does that count?

...And when I am playing my PS2 I don't blink... at all...

But that's nothing compared to the things I say when I am around my friends...
Aedwyn
Sojourner

Postby Aedwyn » Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:13 pm

Nice topic Image

One time when I was bored, I took it upon myself to memorize the first 45 digits of pi.

I also have this thing where I have to sniffle every 2 or 3 breaths, even if Im not stuffed up.

I play piano, so whenever I hear a tune, be it some song on the radio or a commercial jingle, Ill tap my fingers to the rythm, no matter where my hands are at that moment. (dont get any ideas)

Odd?

-Aedwyn Tindomerel

"Llie n'vanima ar' lle atara lanneina!!"
Zetey
Sojourner

Postby Zetey » Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:23 am

I don't wear pants.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:50 am

I constantly.. CONSTANTLY drum out rhythms on whatever happens to be nearby. Either on my keyboard, chair, feet on the floor, whatever. I'm that kid in class who taps his pencil, and I'm that one in the doctor's office who makes that little annoying noise. Took Emily a little while to get used to it, it's a symptom of ADD heh.

------------------
- Ragorn
Rondandal tells you 'I take it your goal is to clash?'
Kolma2
Sojourner

Postby Kolma2 » Fri Nov 29, 2002 3:07 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zetey:
I don't wear pants.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel your pain. *mutters something about dam zippers and puberty*
Zalkenai
Sojourner

Postby Zalkenai » Fri Nov 29, 2002 3:29 am

Anytime I'm reading anything online (which is usually on the BBS) I constantly click/drag my mouse across the text to highlight it. I have no clue why, it's just a weird habit.

Zalkenai
Braggo Boulderbasher
Sojourner

Postby Braggo Boulderbasher » Fri Nov 29, 2002 3:31 am

rofl Zalk, I was doing that as I was reading your post, and I realized that I do it too Image

------------------
Braggo Boulderbasher
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Fri Nov 29, 2002 5:18 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zalkenai:
<B>Anytime I'm reading anything online (which is usually on the BBS) I constantly click/drag my mouse across the text to highlight it. I have no clue why, it's just a weird habit.

Zalkenai</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i do that and i know 2 other people who do it.

------------------
Leah A. W.

-Golnol jumps into muma's arms and gives her a kiss on the cheek
-Yonkle OOC: 'Sometimes ooc sounds like Sleep Deprivation Anonymous.' <-- ROFL
-Ythera OOC: 'Her pink can fly forth and sting the neck of a cobra, causing it instant death before it can even realize what the blur of motion in the air in front of it is!'
-Kasula OOC: 'im kinda like a touch lamp... touch me in the right place and turn me on'
-Kossuth OOC: 'p. diddy picked a peck of pickled peppers?'
-Yarash group-says 'I was thinking we should be able to make goodberrie pies with a bunch of goodberries'
Yarash group-says 'Eating the pie would be like a cure serious/critic'
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Fri Nov 29, 2002 5:28 am

I am completely devoted to Eza.

Kallinar likes his Leah
Zalkenai
Sojourner

Postby Zalkenai » Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:16 am

Yes! I'm not alone! (not the Eza part, the text highlighting...)

Zalkenai

[This message has been edited by Zalkenai (edited 11-29-2002).]
Eza
Sojourner

Postby Eza » Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:28 am

I have one of the buttons on my mouse set to alt-tab between stuff. I find myself constantly pushing that button just to see the windows fly by.

------------------
- Booty Assasin -
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:23 am

I crack my neck pretty often... I'll likely break it one day by accident...

Toplack

------------------
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:37 am

I read stuff backwards easier than forwards sometimes Image

reisae ot daer sdrawkcab

Nilan

Drow Assassin
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Fri Nov 29, 2002 8:11 am

I crack my neck pretty often too - it usually feels good, but prolly doing longterm damage.

I also like to pinch my left achilles-heel tendon with my right big and 2nd toes.
My wife doesnt like this at all when I do it to her.

I hate seeing good food go to waste, and will often attempt to finish family and friends' meals, as long as they are clean and intact of course Image

*burp*

------------------
Mogr -=BloodSeeker=-

"If it bleeds, we can killit."
Zagaz
Sojourner

Postby Zagaz » Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:59 pm

I crack my neck as well, and yes, it feels so gooood!! As well as my knuckles. I also tend to flare my nostrils a lot too....and I stroke my goatee and twirl it into little tufts....which hurts like a son of a bitch when I try to get them out....Often I will forget about it and have little tufts of my goatee sticking out at odd directions....I also tend to overuse periods.

------------------
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.
Kribble
Sojourner

Postby Kribble » Fri Nov 29, 2002 5:27 pm

Hmmm... damned mudding has gotten me used to using... the three periods for a pause instead of... an actual period that I started doing it on my papers in school... professors think I'm a grammar retard now.

------------------
Friends > All.
-Cap'n Touk
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:05 pm

Two come to mind immediately...

I'm a chronic fidgeter, and I must always have something nearby to let me fiddle with. Hence why mudding rocks for me - my hands are always busy typing Image

When I drink, I count swallows. In counts of four. It hearkens back to my 4 years of marching band. Weird, huh?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:07 pm

Out of nowhere I usually use my forefinger and middle finger and tap out music. I guess it's from all the DDR i use to play.

------------------
Nokie group-says 'what a rip-off, I spend months incapacitating navy seamen and doing 28,000 bandages and now we get tons of practice here in bronze citadel'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:21 pm

Mine's not quite as weird I suppose, when I mud, I -constantly- type who. I mean like twice every minute or more. I'm always typing who, it's more reflexive now than anything.

------------------
Arilin Nydelahar, Keeper of the Hand.
...Knowledge is power, and knowledge of life and death brings power over all beings, living and unliving.
Olamdir
Sojourner

Postby Olamdir » Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:26 pm

The wierdest habit we all have in common (if you look through the eyes of an outsider) is doing this, spending endless hours on this game.

Olamdir.
Sizzraxxil
Sojourner

Postby Sizzraxxil » Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:29 pm

Ya I do that too or used to anyways not so much now though. Whenever someone enters the room I would type who 'person who just entered' to see what lvl/class they were it got to the point where I was doing it subconsciously and didn't even know I was doing it. hehe
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:23 pm

*ROFL* you guys this post is awesome. it's _so_ funny to see your weird habits hehe. I think i have weird ones, but i can't think of any that aren't too weird to display on here.

------------------
Leah A. W.

-Golnol jumps into muma's arms and gives her a kiss on the cheek
-Yonkle OOC: 'Sometimes ooc sounds like Sleep Deprivation Anonymous.' <-- ROFL
-Ythera OOC: 'Her pink can fly forth and sting the neck of a cobra, causing it instant death before it can even realize what the blur of motion in the air in front of it is!'
-Kasula OOC: 'im kinda like a touch lamp... touch me in the right place and turn me on'
-Kossuth OOC: 'p. diddy picked a peck of pickled peppers?'
-Yarash group-says 'I was thinking we should be able to make goodberrie pies with a bunch of goodberries'
Yarash group-says 'Eating the pie would be like a cure serious/critic'
Cerlayne
Sojourner

Postby Cerlayne » Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:32 pm

let's see... i also use the 3 periods way too often... and it's gotta be 3 of em... go figger... i refuse to write in blue ink.. yucky.. coworkers are constantly handing me stuff to sign with a blue pen hoping to get me to use it... and i refuse to capitilaize or punctualize when i write online.. unless it's a name... and anywhere's else but work...

gawd i could list a couple dozen wierd things i do.. it's scary...

Cerly
Zagaz
Sojourner

Postby Zagaz » Fri Nov 29, 2002 9:11 pm

The 13th disciple tells you " You masturbate more than anyone else on the planet"

You say "Shit, everyone knows that,Tell me something else"

The 13th disciple tells you "When you do it, you're thinking about guys"

------------------
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Fri Nov 29, 2002 10:54 pm

I used to wear glasses, have contacts now. Every once in a while i reach up to fix my glasses as if they fell down my nose, even though i havent worn them in like 3 years. So my hand gets near my face, and i end up running my hand thru my hair just so i dont look like a freak. I also squint sometimes for no reason, because i didn't like wearing glasses when i had them and had to squint constantly in school.
But the rest of you are sick, sick freaks.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Nov 29, 2002 11:11 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ragorn:
<B>I constantly.. CONSTANTLY drum out rhythms on whatever happens to be nearby. Either on my keyboard, chair, feet on the floor, whatever. I'm that kid in class who taps his pencil, and I'm that one in the doctor's office who makes that little annoying noise. Took Emily a little while to get used to it, it's a symptom of ADD heh.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm constantly drumming also. I've gotten really proficient at drumming with my thumbs on the keyboard in the area below the spacebar. That part of the keyboard has great acoustics. Also, with some practice, you can brush your thumb against the spacebar itself (without actually pressing the button), and make kind of a snare-drum sound.

For some reason this tapping annoys my downstairs neighbor when I do it in the middle of the night, and I have gotten a few phone calls about it. At one point i had to duct tape some padding to the keyboard to get myself to stop. Image

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Nov 30, 2002 11:20 am

i am the QUEEN of no caps and the ... (i think is started it (oops just realized im using two now)

the no caps thing .. o yeah everyone at work thinks im dumb too .. no caps no punctuation ..

i do who evil s so much that i tend to forget my goodie buddies (sorry guys)

i look at mudnames and think of something to remind me of that person (who is the new dooger cleric named lubraderm?? sorry dude i started that)

too many more

bah we are all freaks

------------------
Ambar -= Beloved Matron =- Crimson Coalition
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Nov 30, 2002 2:37 pm

I count swallows too... heh. Though not in 4's, I just count the total number. I also use ellipses a lot... but only when posting on the internet. I try to keep non-internet grammar good so people don't think I'm a retard. Image Oh yeah, I say almost everything with sarcasm... which translates to lots and lots of Image when I'm typing something on the bbs.

------------------
Every problem in the universe can be solved by finding the right long-haired prettyboy and beating the crap out of him.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Nov 30, 2002 2:59 pm

Okay ... besides ellipses, those REALLY silly habits we have ...

I spell things. When I was in the fourth grade I won the city spelling bee and all the way up to that point and on to state I was spelling in my head. I would read the dictionary and try to teach myself new words to get ready, and eventually found myself spelling things out to myself as people were talking to me ... literally spelling out everything that was said to me. It got to the point where I would even spell out the letters, talk about an obsessive fourth grader.

Friend: Hi Kelly!
Me: atche eye kay eee ell ell why
Me: Hi!

It took me years to get over that, and at times I still find myself doing it.

I don't think I've recovered yet.

[This message has been edited by Ashiwi (edited 11-30-2002).]
Silsaterur
Sojourner

Postby Silsaterur » Sat Nov 30, 2002 3:01 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zalkenai:
<B>Anytime I'm reading anything online (which is usually on the BBS) I constantly click/drag my mouse across the text to highlight it. I have no clue why, it's just a weird habit.

Zalkenai</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL i do too,

When my friend Jon asked what the hell I was doing, I said "It's easier to read like this, y'know reminds me of the mud, and I get all warm and fuzzy."

The one thing we all have in common:

Something will happen on the mud that will make us laugh our @$$es off while everyone else looks at us as if we were a freak.

My roomie Sandy watched me mud for like an hour and counted the number of times I laughed till I cried. Three.

and I've done it in class... I must really confuse my prof's.

[This message has been edited by Silsaterur (edited 11-30-2002).]
Silsaterur
Sojourner

Postby Silsaterur » Sat Nov 30, 2002 3:40 pm

I FIGURED OUT ANOTHER ONE!

I say the things I say in game outloud sometimes, like, how I would say them if they were actually here...
Slavan
Sojourner

Postby Slavan » Sat Nov 30, 2002 3:41 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Silsaterur:
[B]Lets see,

I sit crosslegged in my chair... it's just more comfy that way... Does that count?

Me too Image
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sat Nov 30, 2002 5:52 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Silsaterur:
<B>I FIGURED OUT ANOTHER ONE!

I say the things I say in game outloud sometimes, like, how I would say them if they were actually here...</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh. I'll do that, I do that when i'm in class alot as I mud. I'll be talking to someone, and i'll laugh, or make some snide comment expecting the person to hear on the other end, when infact my teacher and the rest of the class just look at my strangely.

------------------
Arilin Nydelahar, Keeper of the Hand.
...Knowledge is power, and knowledge of life and death brings power over all beings, living and unliving.
Fura
Sojourner

Postby Fura » Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:34 pm

I have a lot of yarn. Not just a bag or two. I've asked a friend to bring me four more boxes of the type printer paper comes in, because I have a few more yarn boxes I'm replacing, and all the green yarn didn't fit into one box, and I have an extra bag of grey/black, too, and might need one for red.

I have two boxes for blue, two for white, one for orange (I collected orange yarn for a bit so I could make my sunset blanket), one for yellow... I only have three balls of black yarn left, though, because I used up the rest on that blanket.

Fura resumes her knitting. It's golden this time.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:41 pm

i play this weird game online with a bunch of freaks.
Eza
Sojourner

Postby Eza » Sat Nov 30, 2002 10:16 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
<B>Okay ... besides ellipses, those REALLY silly habits we have ...

I spell things. When I was in the fourth grade I won the city spelling bee and all the way up to that point and on to state I was spelling in my head. I would read the dictionary and try to teach myself new words to get ready, and eventually found myself spelling things out to myself as people were talking to me ... literally spelling out everything that was said to me. It got to the point where I would even spell out the letters, talk about an obsessive fourth grader.

Friend: Hi Kelly!
Me: atche eye kay eee ell ell why
Me: Hi!

It took me years to get over that, and at times I still find myself doing it.

I don't think I've recovered yet.

[This message has been edited by Ashiwi (edited 11-30-2002).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do this also. I have a habit of tracing letters on signs when I'm in the car, and repeating color patterns of the letters to myself. I'll watch the lines go by and think "whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite, yellow yellow yellow yellow yellow."

Issues.

------------------
- Booty Assasin -
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Sun Dec 01, 2002 10:10 am

Hi, My name's Toplack

and I mud....

* hello Toplack *

come on, we all do it....

Hell, it's worse than drinking....

ok, it's not that bad... but close...

*hic*

Oh, better log on...

Toplack

------------------
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Sun Dec 01, 2002 11:43 am

Whenever I get a new jar of peanut butter, priority 1= keeping as a large an area of flat untouched surface on the top for as long as is physically possible.

To this end, I make a minuscule (<1 square inch) breach on the surface, and all further peanut butter must come out through that rupture.

Also, when eating takeout french fries, it annoys me when people remove the fries from, or worse yet TEAR, the paper bag that the box is in.

------------------
"I know you like to believe fairy tales about how rude and unfair evils are, but keep them on your side of Baldur's Gate."
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:32 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xisiqomelir:
Whenever I get a new jar of peanut butter, priority 1= keeping as a large an area of flat untouched surface on the top for as long as is physically possible.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always have to take the lid off and then hit the side of the jar (if it's plastic) with the base of the palm of my hand so that it pops really loud and makes people jump before anyone else can open the peanut butter. I pop paper bags and plastic bags too. I like doing things that make people jump.

I subconsciously collect movie ticket stubs. I have probably 200.

When I'm pissed off, I crack my knuckles. A lot.

I have this weird habit where I use my turn signals when driving. Evidently that's completely alien to Maryland drivers, and it has nearly gotten me killed numerous times (including today). Fishtailing while going 80 is not fun. Yay for God and all those good people up there watching out for me. Stupid bad drivers.

I have a habit of laughing to myself. A lot. I get weird looks. People ask what's so funny, and I've given up on explaining, because they don't get it. It's usually an in joke or just a random weird thought I had. Now I just tell them that I have a party going on in my head. They kinda half nod and say "Oh." People think I'm crazy, and for good reason.

I think about things like physics and chemistry of stuff when I see it. [edit: elabourating upon this a wee bit further- just the other day, I was jumping down the stairs coming out of my dorm (the stairs in this dorm are awesome; each flight is divided up so that you can jump safely down, rather than walking like normal human beings) and I was thinking "Huh, my gravitational potential energy is still changing the same amount either way. Jumping is faster, but walking is much more path-dependent". I do stupid stuff like that. Then I get weird looks from my friends, shortly before I realize that I was musing aloud to myself.] My mind doesn't like to sit still, so meditation takes a helluva lot of focus for me.

I only highlight words when reading on the net to help me remember where I am if I have to switch windows or somethin.

Ok that's enough of me and my weird habits, none of which are really all that weird.

Oh, that and I sign my posts all weird. Oh yeah, speaking of signing things, I write my name upside down whenever and wherever I can.

- Grungar "No I will not play my hand just yet" Forgefire

Edit: I also post with bad grammar and such, writing things that make absolutely no sense to anyone but me.

[This message has been edited by Grungar (edited 12-02-2002).]
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Dec 02, 2002 10:39 am

I do the spelling thing also Image

I also use the ellipses, but I use two dots instead of three in casual internet conversation. That started on a WWIV BBS where each post required a title. Well, after a while we all got tired of typing titles, and the minimum title length was two characters. Thus, we'd title all of our posts with two dots, and that became my standard longer-than-a-comma pause in casual communication.

Examples!

I think that they, as a class, are balanced.
I don't know what to say.. I'm speechless.

I like the white part of the bread, but I like the crust too. Sometimes I'll eat a sandwich halfway down, then eat all the remaining crust and end up with a kind of oddly shaped white-part sandwich with bite marks all around the outside.

I have a particular way of eating fruit. I eat a line around the bottom of the fruit near the leafy bits (or the top near the stem in the case of fruits without leafy bits like peaches), then I turn the fruit 90 degrees and take parallel bites toward the top. Been doing that since I was 5.

This thread is fun Image

I don't step on sidewalk cracks, because I display a few minor symptoms of OCD.

That's all for now!

------------------
- Ragorn
Rondandal tells you 'I take it your goal is to clash?'
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Mon Dec 02, 2002 11:00 am

Just thought of another... When taking tests, I usually start from the very end of the test, or the bottom of the page. I don't know why, and it weirds people out.

I use the ellipses a lot, but I also randomly put dashes in as well. Yeah.

I also end sentences in either 'yeah' or 'and yeah' quite often. It drives my friends (especially the language majors) nuts. So they mock me mercilessly. Oh well, I suppose I bring it on myself and yeah.

- Grungar "Coding coding coding. Whee." Forgefire

Edit: More of the same. Can't write. Can't think. Can't do anything. Stimulus, response, stimulus, response, stimulus, response...

[This message has been edited by Grungar (edited 12-02-2002).]
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Mon Dec 02, 2002 2:44 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ragorn:
<B>
I have a particular way of eating fruit. I eat a line around the bottom of the fruit near the leafy bits (or the top near the stem in the case of fruits without leafy bits like peaches), then I turn the fruit 90 degrees and take parallel bites toward the top. Been doing that since I was 5.

Oh yeah, forgot this one. With apples, I must eat the skin in an ascending spiral from base to stem, and only THEN move on to the flesh. Also, I eat the whole core, seeds, seedcase and all.

------------------
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Mon Dec 02, 2002 4:12 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kolma2:
<B> I feel your pain. *mutters something about dam zippers and puberty*

button fly my friend, button fly

------------------
Her Royal Bitchness Eye Aeturnum
Sartorix
Sojourner

Postby Sartorix » Mon Dec 02, 2002 4:19 pm

okay lets see...

I laugh outloud to myself a lot.
I have a scar on my bottom lip that I bite at and chew a lot.
I count steps between the cracks in sidewalks and I do my best to make sure I take 3 steps between each crack, but I never step on one.
I constantly tap my fingers or feet to songs, especially drum beats.
I crack my knuckles at least once every 5 minutes.
I line things up so they're positioned symmetrically to something else, or so that they're aligned with an edge of something. Especially books or papers, corners or edges. I find myself constantly "fixing" my wrist rest for my keyboard so its exactly on the edge of the desk, same as the mouse pad.
If I can help it I don't drive in the farthest right lane on a multilane highway.
I run my hand through my hair constantly, about as often as i crack my knuckles.
Oh yeah and back in the day I used to wash my hands like 50 times a day. Image

edit: adding more

I find most jokes concerning science/mathematics HILARIOUS. Engineers are just plain wierd.
I subconsciously switch syllables or letters in words and when I speak them outloud it's really funny. But my wife just thinks I have a disorder. example: saying "funny bull" will sometimes result in "bunny full". and more often with numbers, 1-7-9-6 will almost always become 1-9-7-6 or 1-7-6-9 when I say it aloud. I think I'm borderline dyslexic.
come to think of it, most things that I say make more sense in my head before i say them.. i guess thats why most of my jokes are bad.

------------------
Disco

[This message has been edited by Sartorix (edited 12-02-2002).]
Mikayla
Sojourner

Postby Mikayla » Mon Dec 02, 2002 4:52 pm

i read posts on the bbs from the bottom up, i must have the tv on when i am on my computer

------------------
Her Royal Bitchness Eye Aeturnum
Abue
Sojourner

Postby Abue » Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:02 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aedwyn:
<B>
One time when I was bored, I took it upon myself to memorize the first 45 digits of pi.

This is all I know... Sigh.
I guess you got me beat.
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:25 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sartorix:
<B>okay lets see...
But my wife just thinks I have a disorder. example: saying "funny bull" will sometimes result in "bunny full".

spoonerism. and it's not at all uncommon. often very funny.

------------------
·•Kuurg•·
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:36 pm

The toilet paper roll MUST be put on so that it pulls from the top and hangs down the front, not hang down the back and pull from the bottom. This drives me NUTS!

I carefully wrap all cables (electric, cat5, telephone, mice, serial, and even ropes) so that you roll the cable in a circle, and wrap it amongst itself. It basically looks like a bow tie when you're done. I HATE spaghetti cables. I ran wire in college, so I guess I got it from that.. though I think I did before I got that job.

When I am programming or typing a document or paper, I type in one particular word (a made up word), over and over again until I get my train of thought. It is always the same word.

I'm a guy, but at night, I always sit down and pee. Hey.. it's cleaner, and you get to _not_ stand when you're sleepy anyways.

Oh.. and I fold clothes perfectly. I use an old hard cover book cover sort of like a flat board like the clothing stores use. When I pack a suit case, my clothes always come out perfect, never wrinkled. If anyone else folds my clothes the wrong way, I have to redo it. It bothes me.
Zellin
Sojourner

Postby Zellin » Mon Dec 02, 2002 10:00 pm

I am horrible with spoonerisms. A sniper rifle has become a snifer riple, and once I tried to pin a snake's foot down with my head. Imagine that! I told Sszantiel to fux that ficker himself, in reference to a car stereo, because I certainly wasn't going to help him. A new one comes every week.

Oh, and the worst one, I slipped up once while having a discussion with my girfriend: she wasn't getting along with one of my friends, and I told her that if he continued to upset her, "You know I'll choose him over you," instead of the other way around. Oops.

------------------
Zellin group says 'I'm still here buddy =)'
Zellin has left the group.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”