Just so you know

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Daz
Sojourner

Just so you know

Postby Daz » Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:35 am

women who realize that women are women kick so much ass. and i wanna marry a woman who realizes that a man is a man.
Aedwyn
Sojourner

Postby Aedwyn » Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:40 am

c 'detect sarcasm' self

Wow Thank you so much Daz, you have no Idea, what a wonderful topic!
:P

Oh and yes, I realize that a man is a man...whatever that means.
IS that like realizing that they don't squat when they pee? Or is it like realizing that they actually have a brain and not just a really open-minded reproductive organ?

*sigh* Im still bored Image

-Aed
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:51 am

Contrary to some belief out there, not all men are out to objectify and use women. Some men are considerate and working to make the world a better place with less wounds.

Take that for what it's worth.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Tanji ASSOC:: 'god was blueballed the night before he made Thanuk'
Aedwyn
Sojourner

Postby Aedwyn » Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:01 am

Of course,
but you must keep in mind we're responding to DAZ here

I know very few guys who are sweet and caring and respect women. But of course you must take in consideration that I attend a high school.
IT's kinda funny, the few considerate males I know in RL are mudders, and one is my boyfriend......another is my father.

Men are men. But what exactly Does that Mean?
Silsaterur
Sojourner

Postby Silsaterur » Tue Dec 10, 2002 4:10 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malacar:
<B>Contrary to some belief out there, not all men are out to objectify and use women. Some men are considerate and working to make the world a better place with less wounds.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sometimes I wonder, even that drive to succeed, to change things, to make a difference? Why? To get noticed?

------------------
Adilmir tells you 'are you a Mumavore?'
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:29 am

Hrmm...but does it all boil down to these questions?

Are you a man's man?
Are you a woman's man?
Are you a gay man?

Kallinar likes to be the Ladieths Man.

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:01 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aedwyn:
<B>a really open-minded reproductive organ?

-Aed</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do these come in various flavors?

------------------
Azuth God of Wizardry and Majiks
Miax : (51) [ Im totally addicted to the mud again.. ]
Ensis
Sojourner

Postby Ensis » Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:01 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Malacar:
<B>Contrary to some belief out there, not all men are out to objectify and use women. Some men are considerate and working to make the world a better place with less wounds.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How did you know that by Daz saying "men are men" he was referring to men objectifying women? Image

Sometimes there is nothing more evil than the "nice guy" who lurks in dark corners waiting for the chauvenist to offend a lady so he can show said lady his sensitive side, and then chop her into little pieces.

Some chicks like macho dudes
Some chicks like sensitive dudes
Some dudes like independent chicks
Some dudes like needy chicks

People that cling to classifying people tend to lack personaltiy themselves :P

------------------
Ensis Inferni
Bish Enterprises Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Copyright 1999 Fydollaho Productions.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:12 pm

I don't know if that was an offhand insult or not Ensis, but I was replying to Aedwyn, not Daz.

As for the 'to get noticed' question? No. I do it because it makes me feel good, and 99% of the time, it goes unnoticed, because I work on myself first. If I can feel good about myself, then that is all that matters for now. Everything else will fall into place.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:59 pm

Guys are far more tameable if you can seperate us from other guys.

------------------
And shepherds we shall be, for Thee my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
We will flow a river forth unto Thee,
and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritu Sancti.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Tue Dec 10, 2002 5:18 pm

this thread was prompted, by request, because of a conversation i had with my best friend - who is, yes, a female.

she is currently dating this guy who is a complete ass, that manipulates and uses women. poor guy doesn't realize that i am her friend, and any trick he has, more than likely i have either used it or known about it. so, she calls me every time he does anything, and we talk about it - then i tell her his motives, and what he is trying to do. she calls him on it, and because more often than not he has backed himself into a corner, she then leverages sex against him and forces him to lavishly make it up to her and buy her lots of expensive gifts.

i hate other guys who use women. competition blows. but, watching this poor guy dance and do everything he can do, and KNOWING that she is gonna dump him as soon as he gets needy and affectionate, is one of the most selfishly rewarding experiences i can recall in recent years.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:00 pm

My only question is... And this is far from accusatory or flame-filled... Do you know why?

Do a search on the web for the Drama-Triangle if you don't... Or if you just want more info.

It perfectly describes your situation as you state it... And has described countless situations in my life.

This knowledge has helped me numerous times to head it off and get past stuff.

If it's not helpful, so be it.. Just thought I would try to share something useful (to me) that was once shared with me.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:14 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Daz:
<B>this thread was prompted, by request, because of a conversation i had with my best friend - who is, yes, a female.

she is currently dating this guy who is a complete ass, that manipulates and uses women. poor guy doesn't realize that i am her friend, and any trick he has, more than likely i have either used it or known about it. so, she calls me every time he does anything, and we talk about it - then i tell her his motives, and what he is trying to do. she calls him on it, and because more often than not he has backed himself into a corner, she then leverages sex against him and forces him to lavishly make it up to her and buy her lots of expensive gifts.

i hate other guys who use women. competition blows. but, watching this poor guy dance and do everything he can do, and KNOWING that she is gonna dump him as soon as he gets needy and affectionate, is one of the most selfishly rewarding experiences i can recall in recent years.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your breaking the guy code. Im sending this to the union office, and hopefully your football priviledges will be revoked. Enjoy watching soccer with the rest of the gay-o-meter all stars.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:30 pm

i like her, and hate him. also, by helping her, she gives me certain favors. i am fairly certain that this enables an exception to be made.

jock handbook clearly states that anything done in the pursuit of sex short of selling out a friend is excuseable.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:34 pm

Mal - I'm too tired right now to search hard, but my initial searches found only references to the triangle and some obscure, hideously colored triangle.

Do you have a link with a working explanation of this or?
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Dec 10, 2002 6:39 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Daz:
<B> so, she calls me every time he does anything, and we talk about it - then i tell her his motives, and what he is trying to do. she calls him on it, and because more often than not he has backed himself into a corner, she then leverages sex against him and forces him to lavishly make it up to her and buy her lots of expensive gifts.

i hate other guys who use women. competition blows. but, watching this poor guy dance and do everything he can do, and KNOWING that she is gonna dump him as soon as he gets needy and affectionate, is one of the most selfishly rewarding experiences i can recall in recent years.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um.

o.O

------------------
Kiaransalee responds to your petition with 'look on the bright side, I just saved you some corpses. We all know you would have gotten spanked'
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:41 pm

http://www.ta-tutor.com/!dratri/xdrallp.htm

That's a great link.. In a nutshell, the drama triangle involves three people.

The persecutor:
Find Fault, Critical, often unpleasant,
Often feels Inadequate underneath,
Leadership by Threats, Orders, and Rigidity,
Can be loud or Quiet in style,
Sometimes a Bully,
Sometimes obvious Shame and Blame

The rescuer:

Always working “HARD” to “HELP” other people, other situations, Harried, Tired, Physical Complaints, Angry underneath, often Lonely, not having a “Life” of their own. May be Loud or Quiet Martyr in style,
Uses Guilt, Shame, Blame, subtle or obvious
Style is sometimes Subtle, sometimes Obvious
Often the “Steel Hand” in the “Velvet Glove”
They “Help” without a contract - meddlers

and the Victim:

Do less than 50%, won’t respond, won’t reach out, won’t take a stand. Simulates compliance, (blackmailers - use guilt) “Super-Sensitive” Wants “Kid-Glove” treatment,

THEY ARE "DUE-ME / DO-ME" PEOPLE

Pretend impotence and incompetence - but they are not! Their physical appearance often states their victim position in hair, clothes, posture, speech, scheduling, lack of attention to detail,- irresponsibility in details that are important to others.

They quit on you! This is one way that they have to use power.

-------------

One thing you need to be aware of reading this... These roles are not set, and constantly change. Sometimes 50 times in the span of a second. Sometimes more than 1 role is held at one time by you or others.

It's a self-destructive circle, and ultimately extremely mentally (and maybe physically) unhealthy to be in.

And the only way out... The only way... Is to piss the others off, possibly lose them forever, and forcibly remove yourself and STAY out.

I had to do this with my mother... It's not easy, not by a longshot.

I can post some more too if interested.. That's a pretty basic start though.

[edit:] Not ALL drama triangles are this bad.. Some are commonplace. It's the bad ones, like I was in with my mother, and I judge Daz is in with his female friend, that you need to watch out for.

I feel for ya Daz. It sucks to be involved in stuff like this, and really hard to talk about for me.
------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!

[This message has been edited by Malacar (edited 12-10-2002).]
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:57 pm

im not quite sure i understand . . . me and her are not having problems with each other at all - we dated years ago, lived together, split, hated each other, made up, and have been close friends since then for several years now.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:08 pm

She's the victim, you're the rescuer, and her boyfriend is the persecutor... At least in your examples above.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:16 pm

why do women use sex as a weapon when we like it just as much as men???

i have never understood this .. by witholding you are also being denied (no lame jokes about self-satisfaction please)

yes women and men can be friends .. yes one of them is going to be attracted .. so what?

yes some women use men

thank god some states are seeing that men are often the better parent when deciding who the child should go to ...

people are people ..we are all so much more alike than we'd care to admit!

Peace ..

Out
Silsaterur
Sojourner

Postby Silsaterur » Wed Dec 11, 2002 12:11 am

Top 10 things men know about women.

10. They have boobs.

------------------
Adilmir tells you 'are you a Mumavore?'

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”