Updating the helpfiles! Which do you know need changing?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Updating the helpfiles! Which do you know need changing?

Postby Shar » Sat Apr 06, 2002 12:59 am

Hi everyone

All the helpfiles are getting a massive overhaul. Which of them needs changing? If you notice something amiss with a helpfile, post it HERE! If a helpfile you'd LIKE to see is not implemented, post it HERE! There are several we are aware of that need changing/adding, but asking your imput always makes our jobs easier. (well not always.... maybe sometimes tho!)

Thanks in advance!!!!

Shar
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Sat Apr 06, 2002 1:40 am

Identify help is mis-leading as to where ench gets it.
See also help skill_ench

info on a fer races is missing, example Barbs.

and this is a maybe, but maybe help ansi-colors for those making guild titles.

help drag needs new stuff obviously

help get and death need see also gget

help tog out of date

any help that refferances an e-mail is likely out of date

help charm has sorc, but not ench

think help ac is outdated, but not sure

need help prioritize and refferances to it with see also's in mem and such

need help reply

help justice I think needs to refferance how to pay fine and stuff.

help proc might be a good one to have

help dice missing

reffereances to old classes, IE conjies

I would also reccomend ripping thru the 3 files that may have help issues reported in them, ideas, bugs, and typos.

Did I go overboard? *duck*

Just trying to make gathering info easier for ya.
Bipple
Sojourner

Postby Bipple » Sat Apr 06, 2002 3:54 am

Vitality should be changed to:
Type of spell: healing

I suppose this would apply to the numerous other spells that changed type over the last couple years.
Jensyth
Sojourner

Postby Jensyth » Sat Apr 06, 2002 8:08 am

I think some psionicist skills need some help file updating, but right now only charge comes to mind.
Azenilsee
Sojourner

Postby Azenilsee » Sat Apr 06, 2002 8:30 am

help danger sense shows that it's a drow innate skill

need help fell frost and help sandblast

[This message has been edited by Azenilsee (edited 04-06-2002).]
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Sat Apr 06, 2002 2:20 pm

Would you mind looking throuth the typo log. I have written quite a few all beginning with "help".
My spellcast necromancy is actually still 0 because it wasnt in the helpfile for skill_cleric, but I hope they can be found in the typo log.

/Disoputlip
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Apr 06, 2002 8:29 pm

Double attack isn't on the help skill_rogue list.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Apr 06, 2002 8:54 pm

Quite a few skills are gotten at differant levels than are in the helpfiles, such as offense for clerics.

Anti-undead spells (eradicate, destroy, ward undead) helpfiles need to be changed to type necromany instead of invocation.

I'll update as I find more Image
Glarec
Sojourner

Postby Glarec » Sat Apr 06, 2002 9:36 pm

take out this part of inferno help file:

that even the most powerful protection magic is incapable of absorbing more than a small amount of it's power.

it's simply not true.

thank u.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Apr 06, 2002 10:02 pm

Druid helpfiles.

We get harm 5th circle, not 6th, and it's been this way for like 8 years or so. Oh, and I think it implies we get remove poison or darkness or something, and we don't.

Thanks =)
Allycis
Sojourner

Postby Allycis » Sat Apr 06, 2002 10:11 pm

help fortitude
help battle hymn
help bard and help battlechanter need to be updated. Some skills missing on there that we actually do get
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sun Apr 07, 2002 12:18 am

Help AC, remove references to THAC0.

Help anti-paladin, remove references to only being able to group with evils.

Help afk, add references to it being removed if any actions are taken.

Help animate zombie, animate skeleton, animate ghoul, animate spectre, animate wraith, animate ghast, animate ghost, animate shadow, animate wight, change spell type to necromancy.

Help anonymous, mention you can only toggle it after level 11.

Help archery, remove reference to range weapons (old combat mode I believe?).

Help associations, clans, organizations, guilds, hall, charter, needs to be completely written.

Help addresses, I believe these are out of date or incorrect.

Help ask, might want to mention this is the method of interaction with mobs.

Help association charters, might want to remove this file.

Help acidstorm, acid storm, remove this file.

Help airy water, might want to mention it also helps with spellcasting fire based spells/etc.

Help abi dalzim's horrid wilting, mention the new 'wilting' effect.

Help backstab, remove references to trolls/ogres backstabbing, old reference for Mercenaries.

Help bash, might want to mention a bashed mob can't cast spells.

Help bless, might want to mention it's (un)holy water creating properties.

Help bribe, remove this file, unless it actually is being added.

Help burning hands, remove reference to conjurers.

Help cart, commodity, getcart, leavecart, trade, remove these, pending addition of trade system.

Help charm person, I believe is enchanter only, and not removed.

Help chill touch, remove reference to conjurers.

Help classes, add illusionists to magic-users, and battlechanters to rogues.

Help coins, should also be referenced by help platinum, gold, silver, copper.

Help communications has references to some strange files, such as languages and password.

Help cone of cold, this spell is 5th circle for necromancers now.

Help conjure elemental, remove reference to conjurer, mention that it can now be targetted at the different types of elemental instead of just random.

Help conjurer, mention this class doesn't exist any more, point people to help elementalist.

Help curse, mention it has effects against sv_spell now, and check if mentioned duration is correct.

Help character, reroll, delete, these policies are long out of date.

Help damage, remove tickle, and isn't there some other damage message that needs to be added? Can't remember.

Help darkness, duration is dependent on caster, not 'permanent'.

Help decay, corpses last 2 days, not 2 hours, until they're dragged/moved.

Help detect invis, detect magic, dimension door, dispel magic, dodge, remove reference to conjurers, add elementalists.

Help disclaimer.. shouldn't this be brought up during char creation? Pretty sure it used to be. Dunno.

Help disintegrate, remove references to necromancers and conjurers.

Help display, add position option.

Help dodge, add reference to illusionists.

Help drag, add reference to drag all.item, remove reference to drag stacking.

Help drop, refers to junking or burying items, which I don't believe has been implemented.

Help druid, remove reference to making holy water (finally).

Help duergar, remove reference to conjurer, add reference to elementalists.

Help death field, this does intantaneous damage, not damage over time as suggested.

Help detect/disarm traps, might also want to mention this can be used on containers in addition to exits.

Help dragon breath, appears out of date, might want to mention lightning breath also destroys equipment.

I'll get to the E's through Z's in a bit.

-Todrael
Kossuth
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Kossuth » Sun Apr 07, 2002 12:19 am

Thanks all! You guys are helping to make it easy on Shar and me to get these updates done quickly, which benefits everybody.

Keep up the great work helping us out!

-Kossuth
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Sun Apr 07, 2002 12:39 am

There's a helpfile for afire and athrow, but they're not mentioned in the related topics of any of the ranged weapon helpfiles. There's no mention of how to repair broken missiles either.

------------------
"Maybe I should stop and ask for directions . . ."
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Sun Apr 07, 2002 9:15 pm

Need more info! I know you guys have more to tell. Even if it seems small, let us have it!

Shar
Azenilsee
Sojourner

Postby Azenilsee » Mon Apr 08, 2002 2:15 am

Help Globe shows that it's a psi skill, and a reference saying it'll be removed once evil sorcerers are in the game Image
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Mon Apr 08, 2002 6:32 am

Pain touch shows Necromancer/Anti 5th circle... Skill_Anti shows they get it at 3rd, Skill_Necro shows they get it at 3rd as well.

Help ranger lists our innates as first level skills - forage, tame mount, woodcarving, winderness sneak, speak with plants. Add create water to ranger skills, 2nd Circle.

Help ranger states that rangers do not consort with evil regardless of reason - that should be outdated as it was written during the Age of Intolerance Image. There is no enforcement of the implied "certain aspects of roleplaying on a regular basis" and that could probably be removed as well. Reference to the Gods as pertains to rangers is misleading - we receive our spells from a book rather than from a particular god/goddess.

Same with help druid - innates are listed as lvl 1 skills.

[This message has been edited by Sylvos (edited 04-08-2002).]
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Mon Apr 08, 2002 9:53 am

Help earthblood
Help ice tongue

neither of those work..
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Mon Apr 08, 2002 11:53 am

help mislead should be changed to essentially the same description as Pass without trade.

there is currently no help file for summon shade. In the completed help file there should be a warning that justice mobs will be aggro to any shades.

the help file for change self says to remove the disguise, cast it with no paramaters. This doesnt work. You need to c 'change self' me.

help phantom heal should be updated insofar as it was changed early on to only be useable when the target is at nasty wounds (I think this is how it works).

help doppleganger should probably warn young illusionists that justice mobs will be aggro to your dop (and subsequently you as well).

Corth
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Tue Apr 16, 2002 9:26 pm

Things have arisen, I wont be around a lot to work on implementing changes to my part of the helpfiles.

Continue to post, I'll look to this thread still to update! Just letting everyone know that they wont be fixed anytime in the near future.

Kossuth is still working feverishly on his part, and I'm sure he'll be done soon! *duck kossuth*

Shar
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Apr 17, 2002 2:51 am

help multi. in particular updates regarding how to apply for multiple people to mud from the same household (ip) and hopefully some consideration regarding sharing of storage characters/eq between them. Does my wife really need to have a separate storage character? would it be so bad to allow me to log my wife's character in at an inn?
fildur
Sojourner

Postby fildur » Wed Apr 17, 2002 7:31 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Todrael:
<B>
remove reference to conjurers.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well as tod pointed out theres a coup o spells w reference to conjurer, but i think he missed a few Image
/fil
Jorus
Sojourner

Postby Jorus » Thu Apr 18, 2002 1:44 am

All of the mudmail commands need helpfiles: mwrite mlist mread

The blink helpfile needs updating. Either that or there are bugs in blink that need fixing. Ask me on the mud sometime and I can demonstrate.

help gormal needs to be added. Gormal always needs help.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 18, 2002 2:15 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jorus:
<B>All of the mudmail commands need helpfiles: mwrite mlist mread

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're already in.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Thu Apr 18, 2002 3:47 am

Help enchant weapon, remove reference to conjurers.

Help experience, should mention the exp bar in score, and the exp you get from stone skin/dragonscales.

Help embalm, should mention duration as something more along the lines of dependent upon skill of caster, instead of maximum amount of time, which we all know isn't true.

Help faerie fog, feeblemind, fireball, fireshield, remove reference to conjurers, add elementalists.

Help fly, you won't necessarily die if this spell wears off, and I don't know of any instances where the corpse becomes irretrievable.

Help noburn, float, should mention noburn also helps against dragon breath, should mention float also works over no-ground rooms if the item is magical.

Help gate, add reference to elementalists.

Help glance, mention that it also shows whether several different spells are up or not.

Help gnome, remove reference to conjurers, add reference to elementalists.

Help group, mention that people have to be in the same room to share exp. Mention that consent can also be used to group people as well as follow. Remove reference to having to type 'group me', as this is no longer needed. The 'Note:' section also seems a bit odd, perhaps needs to be rephrased.

Help globe, remove this help file, as the ability was removed long ago (although not for psi mobs, oops).

Help globe of darkness, this skill doesn't really produce the same magical darkness as drow innate darkness, it just makes the room gloomier, not allowing sunlight in.

Help gdel, it doesn't put the item in the person's inventory.

Help headbutt, might also want to mention the chance of knockout on victim or self.

The info command, this might need some working on.

Help hit, kill, nokill, nokill no longer exists as far as I know.

Help hide, should mention some commands do not break hide.

Help hitall, might want to mention this skill is virtually useless *whistle*.

Help holy word, might want to mention the stun chance on the caster.

Help human, remove reference to conjurers, add reference to elementalists.

Help ice storm, identify, remove reference to conjurers.

Help idle, currently no charge? There isn't a charge for any kind of renting...

Help fell frost, sandblast, do not exist, should.

Help infravision, should mention yuan-ti.

Help inns, might want to mention camping and just going linkdead work too, instead of saying 'must'.

Help instruments, used to exist, probably still should, although I'm not sure how much it would be rewritten for the changes coming to bards.

Help invisibility, remove reference to conjurers, add reference to elementalists.

Help idea, bug, typo.. are these actually read? If not, help files for them should be removed.

Help justice, you can't be outcast any more.

Help knocked out, unconscious, guards can't do this any more.

Help ice tomb, replace the word 'weak' with 'damaged' and replace the word 'massive' with 'mediocre'.

Help interference shield, ooo wouldn't I wish this to be true. Anyways, should be removed Image

Help languages, these were not 'temporarily disabled', they were removed many years ago.

Help laws, out of date, of course I don't know what the current exact rulings are, so you'll have to come up with those yourself.

Help levitate, you won't necessarily die if you fall, and I can't think of a situation where it would produce an irretrievable corpse. Remove reference to conjurers, add reference to elementalists.

Help lightning bolt, remove reference to conjurers.

Help locate object, remove reference to conjurers, add reference to elementalists.

Help look, remove reference to ships.

Help lich, remove reference to losing lichdom if assisting good.

Help lich touch, remove reference to paralyzation.

Help locate remains, mention it has a very annoying limiter as to how many corpses it will display.

Help magic missile, remove reference to conjurers.

Help magic user, remove reference to conjurer, add references to elementalists and illusionists.

Help mass charm, this wasn't 'removed temporarily', permanently I believe.

Help meditate, remove reference to conjurers, add reference to elementalists and illusionists.

Help minor creation, remove reference to conjurers, add reference to elementalists.

Help multiplaying, as I believe was mentioned in another post, needs to be updated I believe.

Help murder, uh, remove.

Help music, should also probably be updated, depending on how bards go.

Help missile shield, remove reference to conjurers.

Help mage flame, remove reference to conjurers, add reference to elementalists and necromancers.

Help necromancer, we don't depend on our pets as much as we used to, should be rephrased.

Help offer, should remove references to offer as I doubt rent will ever cost money.

Help offense, thought thac0 was removed.

Help order, remove references to ships.

Help paladin, remove references to roleplaying inflicted difficulties.

Help petition, remove reference to pkill and racewars, update it overall.

Help power, I don't believe the ideas stated are being implemented.

Help prompt, add reference to position.

Help power word blind, add reference to it being able to blind those above that level temporarily, remove reference to conjurers, add reference to elementalists.

Help power word stun, remove reference to conjurers, add reference to elementalists.

Help pkill, uh, this needs a major overhaul.

Help put, I believe the bug mentioned here was fixed?

Help potions, should mention there's a limit to how many you can quaff per day or whatever.

(Q through Z coming soon).

------------------
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Jorus
Sojourner

Postby Jorus » Thu Apr 18, 2002 4:13 am

Todrael:

Think crypts and gray-greens for fly/levitate "problem" zones.

Hmm, shoulda checked mudmail commands before posting... thought there wasn't help in last I checked :P

Regards,
Jorus
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Thu Apr 18, 2002 4:27 am

Crypts/in the air are very far from being 'irretrievable.' I have seen an entire spank of 15+ deaths get ressed in no-ground, so the wording still definately needs to be changed.

------------------
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Thu Apr 18, 2002 2:29 pm

Wow Tod, I'm impressed!!

Thanks for doin all that work!

Toplack

------------------
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Apr 18, 2002 2:43 pm

Please put how to stop garroting in the help files, "help garrote" does not include it last I looked.
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Thu Apr 18, 2002 4:06 pm

help identify says Conjurer 6th, Enchanter 7th

not sure on elementalists but...

its 6th circle for enchanters

------------------
Ambar -= Squishin de Squid =-
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Thu Apr 18, 2002 5:28 pm

Help quest, should probably mention that telling mobs 'hi' or 'hello' is a good way to get a generic response.

Help quick chant, remove reference to conjurers, add references to elementalists and illusionists.

Help races, remove reference to help blood wars, or change the blood wars help file to be more in keeping with the theme of Sojourn3.

Help range weapons, should probably also be accessible through 'ranged combat' and/or 'ranged weapons'.

Help ranger, remove reference to hardships faced by constant roleplaying requirements, which have been removed.

Help ray of enfeeblement, remove reference to conjurers, add reference to elementalists.

Help rest, the entry on rest should say that if standing, it will make you sit.

Help resurrect, remove references to permanent stat drain.

Help remove, mention that you won't be able to remove everything if you 'remove all', it depends on the size available in your inventory.

Help safe, remove reference to race wars.

Help newbie, add reference to the nhc channel.

Help hidden, should add a help file referring to search, hide, and sense life, talking about hidden items/mobs/etc. Help hide should also refer to sense life and hidden.

Help ship commands, ships, ship types, etc. As far as I know, attempts at making ships usable by players were scrapped long ago.

Help shocking grasp, remove reference to conjurers.

Help shout, I believe the limit is not 1 shout per 5 minutes.

Help sleep, remove reference to conjurers, add reference to elementalists.

Help social actions, should also be able to be referenced by help emotes, and/or help socials.

Help specialization, needs to be completely rewritten to include illusion, elemental spelltypes, etc, as well as mentioning that every class only has basically one thing to specialize in.

Help spells, should reference help mystics, help magic, help spell circles, help spell system.

Help split, mention only coins in the group cache can be split.

Help steal, stealing from other players has been permanently, not temporarily, removed.

Help stone skin, remove reference to conjurers, add reference to elementalists. Add reference to dragonscales perhaps.

Help spell, strength, spell, dexterity, remove reference to conjurers.

Help summon, remove references to player killing, and remove the statement that shadows will disappear after time (they don't).

Help skill_conjurer, remove.

Help skill_necromancer, add mage flame to 1st circle.

Help skill_lich, remove banshee wail at 9th circle.

Help spellcast/specialize generic/teleportation/healing/etc, remove all references to conjurers, add references to elementalists and illusionists where appropriate, add spellcast illusion and necromancy, add specialize necromancy, blah blah blah, lots of changes needed in these files.

Help swimming, I didn't know this actually did anything.

Help summon totem, mention there is now a quest to regain totems.

Help stun, fleeing does work.

Help sandstorm, remove.

Help teleport, remove reference to conjurers, add reference to elementalists.

Help thac0, remove?

Help toggle, mention showtitles, roomsizes, condensed, nhc, acc.

Help track, mention it's same zone only, and that mobs can do it to find you too.

Help trap, remove?

Help trophy, please please please let us know what's going on with trophy in this help file. Lots of people are confused, and there's lots of disagreement and urban legends about what exactly trophy does, how it works, and what the trophy command displays.

Help ultravision, you don't need a light to see paper and books, and you might want to also mention that you'll be completely blind if in daylight.

Help unholy word, might want to mention the possible lag on caster.

Help update, heh, what is this file?

Help utilities, mention nhc.

Help ventriloquate, remove reference to conjurers.

Help wimpy, mention that it won't work if you are casting a spell or lagged, and does not always work otherwise.

There. I think that's all the help files in the game. I would also like to say that there should be a much better way of linking these help files to each other through references and 'see also:'s. Many of these files haven't been seen by human eyes in years or more.

------------------
Kossuth
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Kossuth » Fri Apr 19, 2002 12:05 am

Tod,

Amazing work. This kind of post is exactly why Shar and I decided to open up the discussion to you guys. Image Thanks!

Part of my plan was to add more See Also's already, but it's good to hear another voice confirming how needed it is. Image

-Kossie

------------------
A 60-foot-tall column of flame whispers 'Boo!'
Jorus
Sojourner

Postby Jorus » Fri Apr 19, 2002 1:53 am

Todrael,

There is a place in crypts where if levitate runs out and you die you are unressable. Lootable, yes, ressable no.

Regards,
Jorus

[This message has been edited by Jorus (edited 04-18-2002).]
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Apr 19, 2002 3:53 pm

Blah.. I read wrong so my post made no sense.. lol

[This message has been edited by rylan (edited 04-19-2002).]
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Fri Apr 19, 2002 5:11 pm

Yeah, I know that. That doesn't mean it's irretrievable. And if you really think that one instance of one possible chance in an area lots of people know about and warn everyone else of whenever they get there of not being able to ress your corpse warrants a big warning label in the help file that's bigger than the spell description, then whatever.

To the Gods:
Help options also needs a big update. This is what I used to get my listing of help files to go through. There definately needs to be something like it, to access a super-list all available help files. Would be neat if it was self-updating as well.

------------------
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Fri Apr 19, 2002 6:49 pm

not forgetting "help mail"

------------------
Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Fri Apr 19, 2002 10:44 pm

Help lich touch and help rot also need their spell type changed to necromancy.

------------------
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Sun May 12, 2002 6:34 pm

In the toggle options, toggling acheron is not there. also when you type help acheron it doesn't say how to use the chat channel, a lot of people don't know how to use it.

------------------
Leah A. W.
Rugalin
Sojourner

Postby Rugalin » Mon May 13, 2002 3:02 am

Scribe needs an update, to remove ranger is all.

Also, help skill_ranger, should remove scribe

------------------
Ruggy, once and future purifier of Torm

[This message has been edited by Rugalin (edited 05-12-2002).]
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Wed Jun 26, 2002 11:12 pm

Any word?

------------------
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Jun 27, 2002 12:54 am

Help clairvoyance needs to add illusionists.

------------------
Kifle "It Slipped I swear!" ButteryFingers
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Jun 27, 2002 1:12 am

remove dimension shift and ancestral shield from the help files b/c they're not in.

------------------
Dartan group-says 'Malacar I'm going to dropkick you for starting that omg Ymir thing'

[This message has been edited by Dalar (edited 06-26-2002).]
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Thu Jun 27, 2002 3:24 am

The general listing of available classes for each race at char creation time needs updating, elementalist/illusionist aren't in that listing I believe.

Twyl

------------------
Not as lost...

<P:std> lost
You are totally and utterly lost! Next time bring a compass!
< 401h/401H 128v/128V >
<P:std> You receive an ornate compass from Twyl.
You give an ornate compass to Twyl.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Sat Jun 29, 2002 8:36 am

Update "help decay", if it needs it.

Currently it says: "Player corpses currently decay after approximately 2 real life hours.", and last I heard it was 18 real hours.

It would be cool if this was confirmed, whatever the actual time is on them now.

------------------
Mogr -=BloodSeeker=-
Beer. More Beer.
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Sun Jun 30, 2002 8:12 pm

Most recent word is, sometime in the next 5 years. Image

No, seriously the helpfiles in all their glory have all been in serious need of an update and are getting it. It will take a good while longer, but it will be worth the wait.

Kossuth and I are chugging along Image

I cant give a date because frankly, RL has me in a tight bind as to how much time I can commit to doing it full time. I'm sure everyone can relate to this Image. Thanks for being patient.

Shar.
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Sat Jul 13, 2002 5:42 am

*bumpity bump bump*

Yeah, so I just got fifth circle as an elementalist (kinda scary my alt is catching up to my primary in levels =D), and I was poking through the help files... Just a little somethin somethin. Glitterdust is a fifth circle, but the help file says it's a first circle. No biggie =D

"GLITTERDUST"
Spell.

Area of effect: Room
Aggressive: Yes
Cumulative: N/A
Duration: 1-2 combat rounds
Class/Circle: Elementalist 1st
Type of spell: Elemental

This unusual spell uses the elements of both Earth and Fire to create a cloud
of dust imbued with tiny popping sparks. The result, due to the reflective
particles of the dust combined with the small sparks, is a serious impediment
to sight, and can blind the affected creatures for a short time. All creatures
within the cloud radius make a saving roll versus Spell to determine if they
resist the effects of the glitterdust.

- Grungar "Nitpickin' away" Forgefire
Drache
Sojourner

Postby Drache » Sat Jul 13, 2002 7:25 am

I got one: When rolling a new character, it says CAPS for explanation of race, whereupon you are asked to type 'help skill_..etc. but you cannot Image - can't see innate's helpfiles from rolling either

------------------
The watch sez: Time to kill!
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Sun Jul 14, 2002 3:22 am

HELP RULES needs to be overhauled. They are uberly outdated, circa Toril.

I think we need a helpfile for zone rules, i.e. invasion, for clarification on that unique situation.

Also, Todreal's list is exhaustive and I think he deserves the uber overachiever award!

Cheers!

Jhorr
Zagaz
Sojourner

Postby Zagaz » Mon Jul 15, 2002 3:18 am

Help Phantom armor should list battlechanter as class/circle.

And this should probably go in the battlchanter bard topic on feedback, but I am a lazy and surly individual, when I grouped with a chanter and typed group, it does not display mana, but psp, and always shows 0 for the chanter. For his group, it showed me with some mana as well.

------------------
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Mon Jul 15, 2002 8:17 am

Sorry if it has already been posted, but I haven't hit BBS in a few days.

Help Lich says that liches can ONLY group with evil races. When I asked over petition I was informed that they can group with same class races. Meaning that a Human lich can group with goodrace and a drow lich can group with evil.

Sorry that I am lazy.

Vigis Wolverinefang -Teiwaz- Chosen of Runemal

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”