Anyone good at analyzing dreams?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Eza
Sojourner

Anyone good at analyzing dreams?

Postby Eza » Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:54 am

I had this dream last night that I was dating Ben Afflek, and we went to my moms house, only it wasn't my moms house.

There was another guy there, and another couple there with us too.

We went into the house, and we were looking around in the basement and we found a wraith, so we ran away because "it was agro to us".. we ran off to another room to get away from it, with it chasing us around.

After a while we found this big room that looked kind of like a torture chamber, and the guy in charge was Robert Englund.

There were fern statues along all the walls, and this big tower with bright yellow plastic electrified springboard platforms leading up to the top which had a laser on it, and a tiny bullseye on the wall across from it. These were trials we had to pass to get out of the house alive.

So I climbed up to the laser while the other girl did the trial of the ferns. Robert Englund asked her how many there were, and told her she had 5 seconds to tell him so she did, and he told her no there were many many more than that, but she told him that some of them had the same faces, so he got all mad that she outsmarted him, and called the wraith to us.

It broke thru the floor and killed the guy that was with us, so Ben and I hauled ass out of the house and got in the car, rolled up the windows, locked the doors and started driving off, leaving the other couple running behind the car screaming for help.

Next thing I know Ben and I are on this beautiful beach by a lagoon, and there are *tons* of little fish in the water, but they all have gas... and it bothers us, so we try and think of a way to make them stop having gas.

We go and pick them up out of the water and squeeze them, but all that does it make water fly out of their bums, so we decide to air lift in a camel, put it in the water and have *it* fart to kill all the fish.

Then I woke up.

If there is some deep hidden meaning to this I'd really like to know it.. because then it means I'm not just nuts :P

------------------
- Booty Assasin -

Selias group-says 'I get scared grouping with eza'
Selias group-says 'I'm afraid she's going to assassinate my booty!'

[This message has been edited by Eza (edited 12-18-2002).]
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:26 am

I think it means you have been mudding too much and perhaps watching too many movies. And also, yes, you are insane.

Corth

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
Eza
Sojourner

Postby Eza » Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:53 am

Yeah I know the wraith/ferns are images from the mud - but they may have some kind of weird symbolism that I'm not grasping. And in dreams, people rarely take their true form so the people could be anyone really. I'm just interested in dream analyzation and I wanna see what types of things people can get from this because I always have really bizarre dreams. Image

------------------
- Booty Assasin -

Abue
Sojourner

Postby Abue » Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:55 pm

It is dangerous to mud while dreaming. Do you know what happens when you die you your dreams? Maahahahaha.... Try tickling Malice next time you dream Sojourn.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:05 pm

Eza, thing with dreams is that you can ask a couple differant people who know how to analyze dreams and get totally differant answers :P

In general tho dreams are from your mind processing recent information and storing things into long term memory. It doesn't do them in order however, so strange dreams can come from any number of fragmented thoughts or recent events Image
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:19 pm

woo! rylan isn't a "i can read your mind through dreams" nuts!
Eza
Sojourner

Postby Eza » Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:22 pm

I know everyone can interpret it differently, that's what I want to see. I've always been interested in deam analysis and I wanted to know if anyone had any knowledge of it, that's all Image

Plus I love sharing my strange dreams with people, somehow they're never surprised by them though Image
------------------
- Booty Assasin -

[This message has been edited by Eza (edited 12-18-2002).]
Kossuth
Staff Member - Admin

Postby Kossuth » Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:32 pm

It's clear from the fact that Ben Affleck was involved that you wish you were J-Lo. Explains the whole 'booty assassin' thing too!

-k
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:35 pm

My professional opinion is that #1 you are J-Lo in real life and #2 you need a new magic weapon, preferably one that is also prot gas. The camel suggests you might be looking for it down in Calimport.
My only question is did you see the wraith or did you walk into the room and see the words "a wraith is floating here." just floating around in front of you?

You are also insane, as corth diagnosed earlier.

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Udor says 'con doesnt do shit'
Tovar
Sojourner

Postby Tovar » Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:32 pm

hmmmmm.....come to think of it, your dream did sound about as disjointed as a J-Lo video....you sure you're not Jenny from the block? Image
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:16 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tovar:
hmmmmm.....come to think of it, your dream did sound about as disjointed as a J-Lo video....you sure you're not Jenny from the block? Image</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't be fooled by the ring that she rocks, she's still hungry for the cock...

------------------
Thanuk Pantherclaw
Udor says 'con doesnt do shit'
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:56 pm

EZa LOL i just had a good long hard laugh>

ROFLMFAssoff!

------------------
Leah A. W.
Deltin
Sojourner

Postby Deltin » Thu Dec 19, 2002 2:04 am

this all relates to mudding, kind of like that book the 6 degrees to Kevin Bacon.
Ben Afflek= aflak (that insurance)= duck (which is also a mud emote)
all the extra people are who are in the group, see who group
torture chamber= all the variety of whips from the mud
Robert Engulnd= Freddy Kruger= claws (various beast claws, render etc.)
fern= plants in druid grove
big tower= citidal, high tower of magice etc.
laser= half elf ranger
little fish in the water= sg

------------------
So whad are we gonna do tonight Brain? Same thing we do everynight Pinky, TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Thu Dec 19, 2002 3:14 am

my Eza = J-Lo?
Naaah Crazy she is. J-lo she is not. J-lo ain't got the boobies my baby has. Now the booty thing is pretty much an even run Image
Oh and as far as the Ben A-flake thing, she dreams about men lesser than myself because dreaming of me would prolly make her sane.

Kallinar likes the booty.

[This message has been edited by Kallinar (edited 12-18-2002).]
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Dec 19, 2002 4:52 am

I am with rylan on this one. Although I do think that analyzing dreams has its uses, I dont put too much stock in other people being able to analyze them accurate enough to do any good. Dreams are believed by some to be random electrical impulses shot off in your brain. Others, myself included, believe they are a way for your brain to relieve subconscious stress. There is a reason you will go insane if you deprive yourself of sleep for a while.

As far as interpreting them, that can only be acurately done by somebody who is close to you or that you share most of, if not all of your secrets to. Things in your dreams 99% of the time symbolize something about you (ie. a mountain you are climbing to get to a book you want to read but never have might be a symbol of your laziness or other inabilities to read this book). So what you would have to do is sit down and think about what these symobols mean to you and then figure out what connection they have to each other.

------------------
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Dartan tells you 'i own so hard sometimes it makes me want to cry'

Nitupopple group-says 'esrel get glorishan off'
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Thu Dec 19, 2002 5:17 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Eza:
<B>
Next thing I know Ben and I are on this beautiful beach by a lagoon, and there are *tons* of little fish in the water, but they all have gas... and it bothers us, so we try and think of a way to make them stop having gas.

We go and pick them up out of the water and squeeze them, but all that does it make water fly out of their bums, so we decide to air lift in a camel, put it in the water and have *it* fart to kill all the fish.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aaaaaah, Eza, I think I love you. Image *seriously lol*

------------------
Leah A. W.
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:33 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kifle:
<B>As far as interpreting them, that can only be acurately done by somebody who is close to you or that you share most of, if not all of your secrets to. Things in your dreams 99% of the time symbolize something about you (ie. a mountain you are climbing to get to a book you want to read but never have might be a symbol of your laziness or other inabilities to read this book). So what you would have to do is sit down and think about what these symobols mean to you and then figure out what connection they have to each other.

Hrm..well I am probably the closest person to her and lemmie tell you, her dreams are so wack at times, its like looking into the mind of someone on a permenant acid trip. How the heck am I supposed to interpret a dream image of her mother and sisters taking a crap on the floor? *runs clip from one of the previous blockbuster Eza dreams*.
I believe that some things are not ment to be interpreted, rather it sometimes can merely be ones imagination working in strange and bizarre ways.

I love when she tells me about her strange ones tho 'cause sometimes they can be quite amusing. How often do you dream about squeezing fish and squirting water out of their butts so that you can get them to stop farting? I love this stuff :P

Kallinar likes farting fishies.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:20 am

Dreams are most often whack because your brain is using usual images that are not logical to a conscious person. Think of the subconscious as a type of robot or alien who only knows how you feel about things. This robot will associate these easily recognizable images and actions with certain feelings based on how you feel about these images and actions. So a farting fish is just a symbol for something that obviously annoys eza and whatever mr. afleck symbolized. Squeazing the fish would be be the act of purging what ever negative or stressful emotions she may be feeling about whatever she is stressed about. The water coming out the arse is typical because that is how eza assosiates the purging of waste or useless (ie. negative) material. My guess on the afleck thing wouldn't actualy symbolize another person but rather another facet or emotion of eza. But like I said, i would have to know her better and know how she feels about mr. afleck or how she views him.

But then again, not all dreams mean something, but i believe that the majority of them you remember do. Dreams are stress relief. Without them you would inevitably go insane.

------------------

Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Thu Dec 19, 2002 8:05 am

Hrmm I see you are taking the Jungian route of explaining dream interpretation. Personally I believe in the Freaudian mixture of enviroment, mental state, and symbolism all mixed together.

The ferns and the wraith are most definately present due to the fact that Eza has spent far too much time mudding these past months. I am making an attempt to try and interpret some of this because I am indeed the closest person to her so bear with me here.

As far as Ben Afflek goes, Most roles he plays in movies has him cast as a confident, outgoing, assertive and sometimes agressive man. The fact that she was with him could relate to the fact that she wishes that I would be more assertive and sure of myself, since I do doubt myself all the time and I tend to let people walk all over me.

The wraith, pulled from one of her mental visuals of the things she is always fighting on the mud, could possibly represent the indecision she has been faced with recently. My parents offered to buy her a plane ticket home so she could be with her family for Christmas. She was faced with either going home to Virginia and leaving me here in California till I headed out that way in March, or staying here with me a bit longer and sticking it out, putting off seeing her family and all of her old frientd. This could reprasent the struggle in her mind betweenthe love she has for me versus the love she has for family and friends.

The part with her and Ben getting in the car and driving away from the other couple can represent exactly what we did in Fab. of 2001. We got in my car, and left her friends behind, one of them which was very distraught about the whole Eza going away with me business. Pobbil has been running to keep up with her ever since, and I know it has been a tiring experience for them both.

The Robert Englund in the torture chamber thing could represent my father AND this house. The trials and tribulations we have to deal with day in and day out here is enough to make most people want to pull out all of their hair (which is something I have seen Eza doing less and less of lately) My father is indeed an asshole. He is handicapped and wants everyone to feel sorry for him, and when he sees that she and I don't, it just pisses him off even more and he drops bullshit on us from time to time that makes me want to kill him again, (as I have nearly done twice before).

I have to agree that the fish squeezing could reprasent the expelling of bad things, but the thing i don't understand is, Water is typically viewed as a pure thing in dreams, not somethign bad. Perhaps the fact that she was supposed to squeeze the fish to make them stop farting, resulting in water coming out could mean that trying to get rid of the bad thing will result in getting rid of something good and pure inadvertantly. IE: I could possibly be the fart because I am the reason she has had to deal with so much stress, yet if she got rid of me, she would be losing the one person that has made her happy, helped her build self esteem, helped her become less cynical, and helped her curb her bi-polar mood swings a shitload.

The camel farting in the water could reprasent Pobbil, her best friend in the whole world, who has some of the smelliest farts in the worls, and the whole faring in the lake to make all the fish stop farting might reprasent the fact that Pobbil bould just sit on me and fart and then everything would be ok :P

I dunno. Thats just an educated guess on my part.

Kallinar likes Freddy Image
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Dec 19, 2002 10:50 am

First, I dont consider my veiws jungian at all. Second, freud was a loon, and his views on dreams were that certain things had specific meaning. An example would be if you were to dream of snake your subconscious was targeting your sex drive.

The part with the wraiths and ferns part. In part i would say that the reason they appreared are because of her environment, but to dismiss them as just that would only be seeing in two dimensions rather than three. Her subconscious is just using these images, first, because they are freash and well distinguishable, second, because they way she views them have a certain bond with a certain emotion/event/etc.

As far as the ben afleck thing goes, you are limiting the interpretation way to much. Yes, he sometimes plays those roles and that might be how some see him, but others see him in a whole different way. Take mallrats for example. His character was the complete opposite as it was in Chasing Amy. It could be a possibility that the person in question could have only seen one of these movies, or both, but liked one more than the other and that would be their view on that actor. Or since he was more promanant in chasing amy, she would remember him thusly. Or she could possibly have the freashest memory of him because of a tabloid she was looking at at the grocery store while waiting in line. Or he could have only made an impact in her memory because of his face rather than his personality. All of these are possiblities and that is what a good phsychiatrist will do, find out which of these if any is the one that sticks out.

would write more but ihave to go to the store...

------------------

Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Dec 19, 2002 12:16 pm

Freud wasn't a lunatic, just a drug addict Image Isn't it amazing the visions you have while under the haze of some good drugs?

My psych prof would have had a BLAST with this one, but .. My advice is .. less mudding before sleep Image (or less sleeping while mudding??.. o wait thats me)

Someone I knew had terrible nightmares about knights wielding greatswords chasing them down the city streets ... and would jump a mile when you snuck up behind him and touched his shoulder (errm was he expecting a dagger in his back? guess so..)

I really have yet to dream about the mud, but i do anticipate my next time online .... i get too intense when levelling a new character, always have the NEED to play it and get it zonable ... when i start dreaming mud stuff it will be time to take a break! (o wait its the MUD that keeps me sane ...)

anyway..

------------------
Ambar -= Beloved Matron =- Crimson Coalition
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Dec 19, 2002 1:51 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ambar:
<B>Freud wasn't a lunatic, just a drug addict Image Isn't it amazing the visions you have while under the haze of some good drugs?

No, Freud was a loon. He was good for the evolution of psychology, but, as far as most of his theorys are concerned, he was a loon. Now days it is very rare to find a Freudian pshychiatrist, and this is for very good reason. It is funny that most of his stuff is geared towards sex or sexuality. Every one of my psych profs., when we would get on the subject, would have a hayday knocking his stuff.

anyhoo...I must sleep...adios.

------------------

moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Dec 19, 2002 3:35 pm

http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001780.html

------------------
Shevarash responds to your petition with 'You are the wind beneath my wings.'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Dec 19, 2002 3:40 pm

And then there was Jung and his dreams of giant, sentient penises. He and Freud were meant for each other, why... Jung made Freud positively wet...
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Sun Dec 22, 2002 3:10 am

well Jung did work "under" Freud for a time did he not? *snicker*

Kallinar likes zee little man in zee canoe.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”