Sojourn Auction 2

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Jenera
Sojourner

Sojourn Auction 2

Postby Jenera » Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:29 am

Due to popular demand and now that I have fully come back from my little break, I will be running my Player Auction again most definitely. Please sign up here if you are willing to be sold. Once I get a good list going, I will speak to everyone participating and pick a good date and time. Thanks.

------------------
Jennie
@}--`--,---
Vena
Sojourner

Postby Vena » Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:33 am

I'm willing.. sounds like fun.
celara
Sojourner

Postby celara » Mon Jul 29, 2002 12:34 am

I will auction myself for the good of everyone who wants to torment me!!!

God help me if I go to runecopple... (grin)

-Celara

------------------
Just as soon as I belong/Then its time I disappear
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Mon Jul 29, 2002 1:11 am

I wanna be sold!

I wonder if Ssissiv will buy me again.. He was a harsh owner.

;p

------------------
Baikalisan Terrorforge- Valsharess Elg'Caress - Orbdrin D'oloth
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Mon Jul 29, 2002 1:18 am

WHERE ARE THE RICH WOMEN AT?!

You betta save yo plats cuz Runecopple gonna be strutting it.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Jul 29, 2002 1:23 am

Darnit, I'm gonna have to rebuild my cash reserves for this.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Jul 29, 2002 1:42 am

I'll do it if i get enough votes for me to participate (i hate rejection :P)

------------------
Ambar -= Beloved Matron =- Crimson Coalition
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Mon Jul 29, 2002 1:57 am

I'll be sold.

Dornax
Jurdex

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Mon Jul 29, 2002 2:06 am

You can add me into this Image
Lasar
Sojourner

Postby Lasar » Mon Jul 29, 2002 2:12 am

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'll sell myself.... and maybe my soul if you're lucky. *Crosses fingers and hopes noone he know irl buys him*

Image :P

------------------
Lasar "I'm a 21st Century digital boy, I don't know how to read but I've got a lot of toys."
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Mon Jul 29, 2002 2:30 am

Ambar, guess it all depends on what our money buys Image

I'm gonna make me a Harem.
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Mon Jul 29, 2002 3:21 am

I have a pretty good list going.
I am going to make some things clear now.
The last auction I ran, though it was fun, was not organized well. People left because I took too long to sell certain people. People whined at me to let the slaves buy people also and it became a huge mess of linked chains and madness. I will organize it better this time.

1) You are either buying or being sold, you CANNOT do both. *stares at Runecopple*

2) Do not for any reason whatsoever, plot to buy someone to make their lives miserable in the slightest way. This is supposed to be in good fun and bruised egos. For this reason, when someone is bought, the money bid will be given to me, I will keep track of it, and when I hear from both people that there were no problems will I give the money to the person.

3) I will not be buying anyone nor will I be sold.

4) Minimum bet is 50 plat. You cannot raise your own bid.

I will be holding the auction at the Baldur's Gate Auction House like last time due to the easy access for both good and evil races. Would like it if more evil race players would be willing to participate this time. It was suggested I take some kind of commission from each sale for organizing this but that seems wrong to me. I will leave it up to you guys to decide what I should do there.

As for the date, the best time for me to run this event would be a weekend evening as I tie up the main phone line in my house and the event can run up to 4 hours. I want to give myself at least two weeks to make sure I have everyone's input and its organized well. If you have any questions or suggestions, please post them here, talk to me on icq (78950306), or send me tells in the game. The tentative date and time for Sojourn Auction 2 is August 10th at 6pm EST.
This can change depending on everyone's schedule.

------------------
Jennie
@}--`--,---
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:17 am

I think you should consider adding to this slightly.

I know they put in the new auction color scheme stuff. Thats great, but when you have 60+ people in a room, triggers/say/gsay/etc, bids get lost, ppl get mad, yadda yadda.

to alieviate some of the spam i suggest that you 'Shout' for each person to be bid on, that person should then enter the room on the block and be the only person in the room with the auctioneer, then you should call for those interested in purchasing the 'slave' and them, only them, enter the room.. that way your dealing with 5-10 ppl instead of 20-60 ppl all at once

You can announce what they were sold for afterwards for those ppl who are curious.

This was great fun last time, and hope it will be again.

------------------
Dranix/Straxin
Sojourner

Postby Dranix/Straxin » Mon Jul 29, 2002 5:33 am

Jenera scans the floor.
Jenera starts following you.
Jenera says 'Hey! I tell you this Dranix is of the finest quality!'

Jenera shows you the unique usefulness of the Dranix.

------------------
Dranix Darkthorne
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:25 am

ROFL Dran
I love you to death :P

------------------
Jennie
@}--`--,---
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Mon Jul 29, 2002 6:29 am

Yeah, um, sell me too... Heh. Man oh man, a nice shiny 50 p would bolster my bank acount. Would nearly increase it by 50%! Yeah! So yeah. If anyone actually bids on me, that is =D

- Grungar "Are we there yet? She's looking at me!" Forgefire
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:23 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tanji Smanji:
<B>Ambar, guess it all depends on what our money buys Image

I'm gonna make me a Harem.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dunno but i think the slave gotta do anything her master desires??

errmm god that could be scary

I'm broke so I can only be sold .. i cant buy *sigh*

------------------
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Jul 29, 2002 2:14 pm

Ummmm, Baik, the fun in a slave auction is watching everybody get sold and making comments on it. Besides, what if I get a wild hair while I'm standing there and decide to buy somebody just because?
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:03 pm

What's the point? Verarb will just end up owning us all again.

------------------
Gormal Stoneforge -Hammerstrike-

"Forward Mithrilguard!"
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Mon Jul 29, 2002 4:15 pm

guess i am soo there Image
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Jul 29, 2002 7:16 pm

Ok, sell my body...well what there is of it i guess...promise not to flake this time.

------------------
"Kill them all, God will know his own." -Domingo de Guzman, A.K.A Saint Dominic
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Mon Jul 29, 2002 7:39 pm

Ill do it again it was alot of fun

Hopefully my wife log on to buy me Image

Nilan

PS just tell me when its happening Jen
Zalkenai
Sojourner

Postby Zalkenai » Mon Jul 29, 2002 7:44 pm

Sell me, everyone wants a useless newbie invoker!

Zalkenai
Croban/Owom
Sojourner

Postby Croban/Owom » Mon Jul 29, 2002 8:45 pm

August 10th you and Crimson Coalition are both tentatively wanting. Someone make sure that both are handled?

------------------
- Owom Spiritbear -
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Jul 29, 2002 9:28 pm

if u buy someone can u make them xp u?
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Jul 29, 2002 10:36 pm

Oh poopy not august 10th.. I'm away for the next 2 weekends for a buisness trip, and all the cool stuff is going on then! *cry*
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Mon Jul 29, 2002 11:35 pm

August 10th is only tentative, if someone else has that date claimed for something I will change the date, this is just a fun event after all. Come on evils, I need more participation from you guys! *beg*
I know a lot of evils live in Europe so the time I have set is the biggest problem. I will figure something out. *ponder*
You might not miss out after all, Rylan.
And yes, Sok, you can buy someone to exp you, but keep it reasonable. They do have the right to say no to suicide runs.

------------------
Jennie
@}--`--,---
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:19 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
Ummmm, Baik, the fun in a slave auction is watching everybody get sold and making comments on it. Besides, what if I get a wild hair while I'm standing there and decide to buy somebody just because?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if your hair flairs up that badly you should see a doctor! Image

if you wanna buy em just walk in the room
i was there last auction and it was chaos because ppl wouldn't respect the fact that just sometimes you gotta shut up so ppl can see whats going on..

I dont wanna see that again Image i know lots of ppl who missed out on bids lost in spam and now they wont participate..yah i know their loss but still

anyways

Im not running it, im just making some suggestions like she asked for Image

3nj0y!

------------------
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Tue Jul 30, 2002 8:06 am

Bleh hope its not August 10th

Nilan
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:17 am

yeah aug tenth = bad day = duty day for this jen Image

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ambar (edited 07-30-2002).]
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:17 am

so why did i hit reply not edit? Image

[This message has been edited by Ambar (edited 07-30-2002).]
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:18 am

August 17th?
If not, suggest dates people...

------------------
Jennie
@}--`--,---
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:13 pm

Woo. my b-day, as well as taelins.
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Wed Jul 31, 2002 2:21 am

I missed the lsat one, I'm not missing this one.

I'll be stocked to the brim with spice, booze, and cigars, so I hope whoever buys me wants to have a fun night!

now where did that troll size condom go? *ponder*
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Wed Jul 31, 2002 4:16 am

Update:

It is confirmed, the auction will take place at the Baldur's Gate Auction Hall on August 17th, starting at 7pm EST. For those of you who cannot make it and have professed
interest, please let me know. All of those who gave me a maybe depending on time, date, or other reasons, please decide if you are going to participate or not within the next week.

Here are the rules I have set and that I hope everyone will respect to make it a fun event without any problems along with some other information.

1) All participants are required to be there no later than 6:30 pm EST. For added value, I would request you guys wear silly outfits and play the part in selling yourselves. I will do my part as a good saleswoman. If there is anything you want me to say on your behalf, let me know.

2) All buyers, I emphasize that you DO NOT plan on purchasing a player to harass them in any way or to do something malicious to them. The participants have the right to refuse if they feel what you require of them is something they cannot do. Do not come to me complaining that the player you purchased, for example, refuses to go on suicide runs or act in any way that lowers their dignity. To further make sure that there are no problems in this area, I will be holding on to all money exchanged and both players or more if you purchase more than one player, will have to contact me to receive the bids. As for the participants, please remember this is supposed to be silly and humor your buyer as long as he or she does not take it too far.

3) Comments, RP, and general sillyness is encouraged but please do not overdo the SPAM. I miss bids and people miss their cues when that happens. To help everyone out, please turn off your food/drink triggers, spell triggers, and other such things like tick timers. I would also appreciate it if you are welling/gating people in and relocating and such to please leave the main room to do so or tell your target to leave the room.

4) You are either a buyer or you are being sold. Participants may not purchase anyone. The chains last time got very silly and unorganized, funny though it was.

5) The minimum bid for ALL players are 50p. You cannot raise your own bid.

Ex. Lazus bids 50 p on Deshana. Kogor bids 100 p on Deshana so Lazus raises his bid to 150p = Correct

Ex. Lazus bids 50 p on Deshana and is afraid someone else will bid so he raises it to 100p = Incorrect

6) To make sure that everyone knows, all money you bidded will go to the player you bidded on. The only reason that will not happen is if the person bought refuses to "render services". The final selling price must be handed to me before you leave. It will be duly noted and the money returned to you or given to the player depending on the circumstances.

7) I will be alternating good race and evil race players as I go down the list as was suggested. Not a lot of evil race players have volunteered at this point and I hope this changes. If you are being sold and or plan on buying a specific person and you are under time constraints, let me know before the event starts and I will reorganize the list accordingly. Please do not tell me in the middle of the event.

8) I need a few volunteers for random tasks for some humor and better organization. If you think this event interests you, please send me a tell on the game if you would like to help me out.

9) All participants are required to "render services" for one real life hour minimum. Any time after that is your choice, but you must "serve" for at least that long.

I think that is everything. I am still open to suggestions, ideas, insults, taunts, whatever.

Be on time
If you are - Register with Llaaldara
If you aren’t - Register with Llaaldara
Your place will go to the end of the current bid list.

If you are a slave, play the part.

Do not harass or take into bad confidence on your agreement between slave and master.

By entering into this auction you hereby agree to the following:

Auction Agreement Between Parties
As a participant in the Sojourn Auction, I hereby agree in good faith to provide just and fair treatment to the party I have purchased or been purchased by, and to not harass said party in any way or to do something directed with malicious or devious intent for the soul purpose of personal injury. I agree that as a bid winner, hereafter known as a Master, my purchased Slave reserves the right to refuse any personal demands I place on them at any time if,
A) he/she feels that said request is sincerely beyond their ability to perform,
B) he/she feels said request breaks the spirit of this contract with them as stated previously,
C) it is a request to receive private personal information beyond the mud for contact purposes,
D) it is a request to receive restricted MUD information about the game or staff members, or
E) it is other wise an unreasonable demand as judged by the Auction Committee.
I furthermore agree to let the Auction Rules Committee hold all transaction funds until the expiration of the agreed upon deadline of said contract to ensure the integrity of my agreement with contracting party. If this contract is broken, and upon judgement by the Auction Committee the funds will be redistributed to the party not responsible for the breach of contract. In the event both parties are responsible for a breach of contract, the Auction Rules Committee reserves the right to claim all, or partial, funds as restitution for damages and various expenses.

In Laymen’s Terms:
Don’t try to get them killed.
Don’t ask them to do things they can’t do.
Don’t ask them for personal real life information.
Don’t ask them for MUD account information or MUD Staff information.
Don’t ask them things you wouldn’t want asked of you.
We hold the money.
You break the rules, they get the money.
You both break the rules, we get the money. Tough cookies.
By bidding you’ve agreed to all of the previous. Good Day!

Bidding Etiquette
- If you wish to place a bid on the current Slave, you must use the following format:
say Bid #
Where # is the amount of platinum you wish to wager. Using this precise format will allow the Auction Staff to separate your genuine bid from needless spam and insure it being recorded.

- As a registered bidder you may ask tasteful questions, via say, directed to the slave currently on sale of a non-sexual nature with regards to the possible forthcoming date.
- Slaves may not purchase other Slaves or place bids in any way.

Vena (G - Female Human Invoker)
Ushug (E - Male Ogre Warrior)
Celara (G - Female Half-Elf Ranger)
Baikalisan (E - Female Duergar Cleric)
Dranix (G - Male Half-Elf Druid)
Deshana (G - Female Grey Elf Druid)
Nilan (E - Male Drow Rogue)
Toarn (G - Male Barbarian Warrior)
Zalkenai (E - Male Drow Invoker)
Ashemiem (G - Male Grey Elf Cleric)
Runecopple (G - Male Gnome Elementalist)
Trilor (G - Female Half-Elf Druid)
Kaisho (G - Male Barbarian Shaman)
Vahok (G - Male Barbarian Warrior)
Dornax (G - Male Dwarf Cleric)
Lasar (G - Male Half-Elf Ranger)
Kifle (G - Female Halfling Rogue)
Selias (G - Male Grey Elf Enchanter)
Muma (G - Female Human Enchanter)
Narrisse (G - Female Grey Elf Druid)
Zanalista (G - Female Grey Elf Druid)
Kolyas (G - Male Half-Elf Druid)
Anaram (G - Male Grey Elf Invoker)
Lar (G - Female Barbarian Warrior)
Zazure (G - Female Human Druid)
Gantoris (G - Male Human Rogue)
Ragorn (G - Male Human Cleric)
Zala (maybe) (G - Female Barbarian Shaman)
Cirath (maybe) (G - Male Human Rogue)
Lalsed (maybe) (G - Male Half-Elf Druid)
Nokie (maybe) (G - Male Halfling Rogue)
Daalgar (maybe) (G - Male Dwarf Warrior)
Tovar (maybe) (G - Male Barbarian Shaman)

[This message has been edited by Jenera (edited 08-04-2002).]
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Fri Aug 02, 2002 7:00 am

Bump

------------------
Jennie
@}--`--,---
Croban/Owom
Sojourner

Postby Croban/Owom » Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:47 pm

Can the people purchased be asked quest questions? Are there any limits?

------------------
- Owom Spiritbear -
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Aug 02, 2002 4:56 pm

sounds good dear.

------------------
"Kill them all, God will know his own." -Domingo de Guzman, A.K.A Saint Dominic
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Fri Aug 02, 2002 8:47 pm

Llaaldara volunteered to help me think of any way to make this event more successful and in the end, more enjoyable for everyone.
She has helped me set of bidding triggers and aliases so I will not miss bids, helping me write the rules and agreements between buyer and participant so there are no misunderstandings. Right now we are trying to figure out how to make it more interactive without a lot of useless spam during bidding.

Owom: Personally I don't think it would be appreciated by everyone if you asked quest questions and the knowledge of said quests were thrown around everywhere. I mean I would tell the few quests I know to people and gladly help them get the items, but you have seen some of the threads on here.

------------------
Jennie
@}--`--,---
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Fri Aug 02, 2002 9:18 pm

sniff
Fiancee graduates the 3rd,
We get married the 10th
will be on honey mon the 17 Image guess i cant go Image *whine*
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Fri Aug 02, 2002 9:40 pm

Awww Zoldren Image
Congratulations on her graduation and your marriage though

------------------
Jennie
@}--`--,---
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Sun Aug 04, 2002 5:23 am

Updated
I have more participants on the list, the agreement has been added.

------------------
Jennie
@}--`--,---
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Sun Aug 04, 2002 7:49 am

Can we please use alts to purchase other people if we're being sold?

Also, Jenera, please post a "master list" so we can see who is being sold in what order so we can determine when to afk shortly, etc.

Dornax
Jurdex

------------------
The Raven of Wisdom

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
"My Honor is My Life"

[This message has been edited by Jurdex (edited 08-04-2002).]
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Sun Aug 04, 2002 8:47 am

I can't post the master list until at least next week so everyone who said maybe can get back to me. I never considered letting your alts purchase people, that is something to think about. Will talk to Llaaldara and see what she thinks about that.

------------------
Jennie
@}--`--,---
celara
Sojourner

Postby celara » Sun Aug 04, 2002 11:28 am

Muwhahaha, I'm ready for the auction! I got a pirates outfit too! Anyone else have any silly outfits?

You are using:
<worn around neck> a silver dog collar
<worn on body> a very revealing sleezy dress
<worn on finger> a sparkling opal ring
<primary weapon> a red leather whip

------------------
Just as soon as I belong/Then its time I disappear
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Mon Aug 05, 2002 3:13 am

My outfit is coool
All black with a little white.

You are using:
<worn in ear> a pearl earring
<worn in ear> a pearl earring
<worn on face> a black veil
<worn around neck> a collar of black pearls
<worn around neck> a velvet choker with a silver pendant (illuminating)
<worn on body> a black bodysuit
<worn about waist> a black leather belt
<worn on hands> some long silk gloves
<worn on finger> a black rose ring
<primary weapon> a long cruel-looking whip
<held> a thick ledger
<worn on feet> some dark silk boots

------------------
Jennie
@}--`--,---
Zanonezia
Sojourner

Postby Zanonezia » Mon Aug 05, 2002 4:22 am

Count me in Jen. All I'll be wearing is a black cat burglar's suit. Image

------------------
Dalhar D'lil Veldrin
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Aug 05, 2002 5:45 am

My outfit shall remain unchanged for the event Image

------------------
- Ragorn
Jenera says 'i managed to match a little, ragorn's outfit is hideous.'
Dranix/Straxin
Sojourner

Postby Dranix/Straxin » Mon Aug 05, 2002 6:19 am

a heavily decorated loincloth
a pearl cufflink
a pearl cufflink

I need a bowtie and my Chipendale outfit will be complete

------------------
Dranix Darkthorne
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:48 pm

Yo,

So what's up with this? Still on for the weekend?

- Grungar "Schooly D cracks me up" Forgefire

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”