Movie Reveiw.

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Jul 22, 2002 4:38 pm

The Bourne Identity - 4.8/5
Wonderful plot, Matt Damon was very convincing 98% of the time. Was surprised he could pull this role off. Could have been more kung fu, but for what was there, it was top notch (as far as american movies are concenred).

Minority Report - 3.5/5
Good plot, decent acting, too many loopholes to be convincing.

Power Puff Girls The Movie! - 3.5/5
Love the cartoon but they tried desperately to lengthen what original does it for the series and failed. Too many scenes where they drag out the action. Love the jokes, some are mature, some are just cute. Kids love it.

Undercover Brother - 5/5
If you have ever seen the Dolomite movies, you will love this. Wonderfuly casted (except for katan, he sucks). James Brown still knows how to move. Very, very funny movie.

Mr. Deeds - 3.5/5
Same Adam Sandler format. Same Adam Sandler funnies. Ok story line, wynona rider was ok. Wait till it comes out on DVD.

Insomnia - 4.5/5
Robin Williams as a bad guy, Al Pachino as the good guys...or so you think? Robin Williams can do it all folks. Great storyline, not as many twists as could have been which would have made it better. Al is awesome in whatever he does...good movie.

------------------
"Kill them all, God will know his own." -Domingo de Guzman, A.K.A Saint Dominic
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Fri Jul 26, 2002 1:46 pm

Austin Powers: Goldmember

10/10

I was crying through literally half the movie. The intro scene is worth admission alone. *laughing just remembering it*

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Tue Aug 20, 2002 1:30 pm

The Others (Nicole Kidman):
I like Nicole, but this movie was not what I like to see in a movie.
Quite boring and slow.
I left 1/2 of the way thru.
2/6

---

Training Day (Denzel Washington)
Different to what I expected.
Mostly well done - the 1st half of the movie was a bit loose in places, but the 2nd half made up for it.
Some cool scenes, and suspenseful situations well done.
I'll watch it again one day prolly.
4.5/6

------------------
Mogr -=BloodSeeker=-

---
Ashiwi says, 'Wrap a wire around a god's neck and hang on for the ride??? Gimme my spurs!'
---
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Tue Aug 20, 2002 2:25 pm

Triple X
realy great action, go check it out
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Aug 20, 2002 7:02 pm

Signs (3/10) -

Signs seems to be getting great reviews from everywhere, but I can't understand why. As a horror movie it failed utterly, the scariest scene in the entire movie involves a dog barking. For some reason, I found myself being more curious about the aliens than afraid of them. I spent most of the movie wanting to find out what they looked and acted like.

Signs was further ruined by the characters doing things which make no sense in order to further the plot. (Plot device?) For instance, at one point Joaquin Phoenix (Merrill Hess) goes to scout for aliens so they can get Abby Breslin's (Morgan Hess) asthma medication. However, Merrill leaves behind the only weapon they have... which leaves them properly set up for a stand off with one of the aliens. (Nevermind that Morgan had carried his inhaler with him through the entire movie until this point.)

This didn't stop with the human characters either. The aliens, despite being faster, smarter, stronger and more technologically advanced, are easily stopped by simply boarding up all the entrances to the house. Their scouts are unable to avoid detection by simple farmers and children alike, despite skin which changes color. Worst of all, they come to a planet where their one weakness (besides stupidity) is water, yet they attack naked and without any protection from rain or glasses of water that get spilled on them. Apparently they never invented the "raincoat."

Possibly these things were intentional. The underlying message in this movie is that God has a plan and everything happens the way he sets it up to. Morgan forgot his medication so that when an alien sprayed poison gas into his face Morgan wouldn't breathe it in. Bo, the young daughter in the family, never finishes a glass of water thus leaving sufficient ammunition around the house for the last battle. Everything seems to happen in a predetermined way according to the will of God.

Still though, the scariest scene in this "thriller" was a dog barking.

------------------
Every problem in the universe can be solved by finding the right long-haired prettyboy and beating the crap out of him.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:31 pm

Good lord Sarvis, just ruin it for everybody! Sheesh! Good thing I already saw it.

I liked it, probably because I was sitting in a dark with just me and my computer. I found the acting in the first part of the movie to be really weak but eventually got up to gibson/pheonix par. The son sucked major ass...must run in the family.

I will agree the The Others was a very slow movie, but waiting till the end was worth it. It was kind of a rip off of another movie which came out in the last two years or so, but it was entertaining.

I finally saw episode II...omg i hate it. Kill Lucas.

Goldmember was funny but they used the same gags as the last two movies...quit while you are ahead myers.

XXX was ok. If you want to see a movie with a lot of explosions, this is it. If you want to see a movie with depth, dont see this. My impression of XXX was nothing more than a hip james bond movie. It was obviously targeted for generation Xgames veiwers and its weak script and cheesy stunts will show you why.

------------------
"Kill them all, God will know his own." -Domingo de Guzman, A.K.A Saint Dominic
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:56 pm

Movie: Blue Crush.

I was coerced into seeing blue crush yesterday. I can't say i was expecting to be disapointed because that would imply that I had some reason to think it might actually be good. As it turns out, its one of the better teeny-bopper flicks ive watched. The awesome surfing footage and depiction of the subculture make up for the so-so acting and plot. It doesn't make my top 10, or even my top 100, but it wasn't a bad flick either.

Rating: Doesn't suck.

------------------
Goddamned slippery mage.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Sun Sep 15, 2002 1:42 am

Insomnia

Al Pacino, Robin Williams.
Saw it at the movies, was somewhat dissapointed compared to what I was hoping for. A bit loose, flat and dull in places.
I'm a big fan of Al Pacino, and he was good, but nowhere near his potential (then again, he's getting on now).
Robin Williams's part was one of the worst I have seen him in.
3/6

--

James Bond Goldeneye

Pierce Brosnan.
Happened to be on TV the other night, watched most of it. Pretty cool.
Fist time I have watched it since playing the Nintendo64 Goldeneye game - we used to have hella fun hunting each other 4-person split screen mode in that game! And man, so many similarities between the game and movie! Was great to compare, heh.
4.5/6

------------------
Mogr -=BloodSeeker=-

---
Ashiwi says, 'Wrap a wire around a god's neck and hang on for the ride??? Gimme my spurs!'
---

[This message has been edited by ssar (edited 10-01-2002).]
Eza
Sojourner

Postby Eza » Sun Sep 15, 2002 5:49 pm

XXX.

Seeing Vin Diesel without his shirt on and that sexy tattoo around his nipple at the end is the only reason I'd need to see this movie 50 more times.

It was supposed to be a sort of hip James Bond type movie, but things were intentionally done to make him not seem so super suave as James Bond. He made mistakes, he took chances on a whim, he was definitely not Mr. Perfect like James Bond always has to be. I like that.

It's definitely worth seeing at least once, even if you don't like nipple tattoos. Image

------------------
- Booty Assasin -
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Tue Oct 01, 2002 11:36 am

"Dude, stop thinkin' Prague policeman and start thinkin' playstation!"

xXx
Vin Deisel

Much better than I has expected - Outstanding!
Excellent special effects and action scenes, and an awesome general idea.
I'd even go so far as to say that some of the great scenes and special effects in this movie are the epitome of what modern movie technologies and animation systems are for!
The hardcore metal tunes in the soundtrack really suited and was the icing on the cake for me, especially as the volume was fairly loud (even by my standards) in the cinema I was in - the surround sound kicked ass!
Some of Vin Deisel's facial expressions and lines seemed a bit cheesy and amateurish in the first half of the movie, I thought, but not too bad.
I didnt think I would so deeply enjoy a movie as much as LOTR Fellowship so soon, but I certainly did.
Along with LOTR Fellowship, I rate it equal highest score I have given any movie.
I will certainly see this movie again, and would think it an essential title for a DVD collection.

5.5 / 6

------------------
Mogr -=BloodSeeker=-
"If it bleeds, we can killit."

Ythera group-says 'Fotex, what's my ghost doing- giving him a blowjob?'
Tanji group-says 'if so I want the next turn'
Musi
Sojourner

Postby Musi » Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:14 pm

Let's see...
The last 2 movies I saw at the theatre were A Knight's Tale (which I LOVE!!) and Goldmember (which I can't wait till they release all 3 Austin Powers movies, hopefully soon in a box set).
Being the Python freak I am (I love those guys Image ) I've seen almost everything they've done. I own the 14 dvd set of the series, 2 dvd set of The Holy Grail (LOVE the legos Image ) and the 2 dvd set of Life of Python (not Life of Brian, that's different!) Is anyone as obsessed as I am? I want to buy Monty Python Sings too. Sorry to rant Image If anyone ever wants to talk Python, you know how to reach me Image

<edited the Holy Grain to the Holy Grail Image >
------------------
Musi "Yet another spank victim of Mori" Ailis

[This message has been edited by Musi (edited 10-01-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Musi (edited 10-28-2002).]
Arases
Sojourner

Postby Arases » Tue Oct 01, 2002 12:40 pm

Lord of The Rings: Fellowship of the Ring: 6/6 - Apart from me biased, its a really great movie. Can't wait for The Two Towers or The Return of The King for that matter.

Star Wars Episode II: 1/6 - Lucas really needs to just quit while he's ahead (or is he?)

Signs: 4/6 - Not quite what I expected from M. Night Shymalan. Focused a bit too much on the characters rather than the situation but its an interesting movie to follow if you are the type who knows what to follow.

Men In Black II: 3/6 - Fun but rehashed.

The Green Mile: 6/6 - What can I say, I'm a Stephen King fan.

Showtime: 2/6 - Sorry but I think Eddie Murphy has lost it.

Pluto Nash: 2/6 - See above.

Dungeons and Dragons: ?/6 - Its so bad I really can't rate it.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Mon Oct 28, 2002 1:06 am

Reign of Fire

A little diasspointing.
Much of the cinematography and "feel" to the scenes were a little sub-par I thought.
An excellent idea, however, and most of the dragons were pretty cool.
I'd like to see it again, byt not overly concerned.

4.5/6

---

The Thomas Crown Affair

Pierce Brosnan
Rene Russo

Not bad.
I dont mind Brosnan & Russo, and some of the ideas in this movie were cool.
A little boring and slow in places.
4/6

------------------
Mogr -=BloodSeeker=-
"If it bleeds, we can killit."

Ythera group-says 'Fotex, what's my ghost doing- giving him a blowjob?'
Tanji group-says 'if so I want the next turn'
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Oct 28, 2002 11:59 am

After a downloading hiatus I got really bored so here's what I got.

The transporter- new type of plot but it seemed to lack and was a bit cheesy in parts...not as cheesy as XXX but cheesy none the less. Really original fight scenes and done very well. 3.5/5

The Ring- OMG it really is one of the spookiest movies since the exorsist. If i was alone i would have pooped my pants, but i guess its cuz i am a wuss. Original storyline, very good begining, and original way of scarying the crap out of people. Only downfall i saw with this movie is that they could have left out the family part of the plot, it was weak and not needed.
4.5/5
p.s. my version was the TMD version and it was kinda cut off at the top and the sound was wierd on the last part of the first half so you might want to get a different version if you are downloadin.

------------------
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Dartan tells you 'i own so hard sometimes it makes me want to cry'

Nitupopple group-says 'esrel get glorishan off'
Musi
Sojourner

Postby Musi » Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:36 pm

Jackass Image
Enough said Image

------------------
Musi "Desperate to get ress" {-Randgriur-} Waelcyrge Sororitas
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Oct 28, 2002 7:56 pm

the ring is good. brought a blanket which helped a lot. premis is movie floatting out there if you watch it u will die in 7 days. so dont delete those chain emails. 4*/6

big trouble (rental). very funny movie. throws as much joke as nake gun but it's a weird, unbelieve twist kind of funny, like seinfeld. i thought i saw creator of south park in the credits. barry sonnefeld director of get shorty. 5/6

mulholland dr (rental). dude i watched this movie 3x. 1st time was strange. it was hard to try to figure out what the heck was going on. harder to follow then momento. did a great job of using dream logic. 2nd time was cool and funny. picked up all the subtle dialogue which totally gave the movie away if u already saw the movie. i luv the double meaning. 3rd time was alright. just trying to figure out different viewpoints, etc. 6*/6

wow star war should've stopped at the 1st trilogy. episode 1 & 2 sucked. i waited month b4 i saw episode 2 and i watched it after spider-man. maybe my expection was too great. 3*/6

spider-man. very likable and relatable characters. kirten durst is a hottie. 5*/6
Krogenar
Sojourner

Postby Krogenar » Mon Oct 28, 2002 8:25 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sok:
the ring is good. brought a blanket which helped a lot. premis is movie floatting out there if you watch it u will die in 7 days. so dont delete those chain emails. 4*/6</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sok, I had no idea you were so funny! I am LAUGHING MY ASS OFF at that 'don't delete the chain emails' comment... *cackle*

------------------
- Krogenar
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:49 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sok:
big trouble (rental). very funny movie. throws as much joke as nake gun but it's a weird, unbelieve twist kind of funny, like seinfeld. i thought i saw creator of south park in the credits. barry sonnefeld director of get shorty. 5/6</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Word, Big Trouble, based on a book of the same name by Dave Barry, is really damn funny. Good cast (for once Tim Allen isn't too annoying), spiffy gags, even better if you've actually been to Miami and seen some of the weird stuff that goes on down there. Go rent it. You may not have heard much about it, since it was supposed to be released shortly after the 11 September attacks, and the premise is about a nuclear bomb on a plane in Miami, but yeah. Go rent it.

- Grungar "I am a slacker" Forgefire
Aredal
Sojourner

Postby Aredal » Mon Oct 28, 2002 10:01 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Original storyline, very good begining, and original way of scarying the crap out of people. Only downfall i saw with this movie is that they could have left out the family part of the plot, it was weak and not needed. </font>

Last I checked the plot was more or less a carbon copy of the original The Ring movie, which was Japanese.

[This message has been edited by Aredal (edited 10-28-2002).]
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Oct 28, 2002 10:32 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aredal:
<B> Last I checked the plot was more or less a carbon copy of the original The Ring movie, which was Japanese.

[This message has been edited by Aredal (edited 10-28-2002).]</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hrm. so it would still be an original plot though right, since it was just a redo of the SAME move? And i am pretty sure this version would be better than the original version since they made godzilla and all, and well, those aren't the best made movies in the world...anyway still a wonderful spooky ass movie, original storyline and good effects...

------------------
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Dartan tells you 'i own so hard sometimes it makes me want to cry'

Nitupopple group-says 'esrel get glorishan off'
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:59 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kifle:
Hrm. so it would still be an original plot though right, since it was just a redo of the SAME move? And i am pretty sure this version would be better than the original version since they made godzilla and all, and well, those aren't the best made movies in the world...anyway still a wonderful spooky ass movie, original storyline and good effects...</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Godzilla owns you. Don't ever dis the Godzilla. Japanese movies are pretty spiffy. Lotsa good stuff out there, but the best are their psychological thrillers. Japanese comedy is... odd... But it's still pretty cool ("Kikujiro" was awesome). Yeah, that's enough out of me for now.

- Grungar "Time to do some ninja work" Forgefire
Linelai
Sojourner

Postby Linelai » Tue Oct 29, 2002 5:03 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kifle:
<B>
Hrm. so it would still be an original plot though right, since it was just a redo of the SAME move? And i am pretty sure this version would be better than the original version since they made godzilla and all, and well, those aren't the best made movies in the world...anyway still a wonderful spooky ass movie, original storyline and good effects...

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Watch the original The Ring, the Japanese one. I heard the American one was watered down to reach out to American audiences.
Gantoris
Sojourner

Postby Gantoris » Tue Oct 29, 2002 6:02 am

If you folks like the movies that make you think or "the mind screw" as my friends call it I HIGHLY recommend a film that is quickly becomming a cult-classic. It's called Donnie Darko. I suggest you rent the DVD because of all the special features that explain things you don't catch. It is VERY well done and my friends and I discussed the movie for four hours after we watched it. Very fullfilling ending, and you have to work at it to really see the scope of what is going on in the movie. The website is FANTASTIC to visit after you visit the movie. There is so much depth in the film.

Again. Highly recommended.

~Gant
Aredal
Sojourner

Postby Aredal » Wed Oct 30, 2002 7:23 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Originally posted by Linelai:

Watch the original The Ring, the Japanese one. I heard the American one was watered down to reach out to American audiences. </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. I've watched both versions and I have to say the English version didn't do the original any justice.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:20 am

K-12: The Widomaker

Pretty good.
A bit slow and sickly in places, but well done overall.
Not one of Harrison Ford’s outstanding roles, but still pretty good.
Not up there with The Hunt For Red Oktober and that other cool sub movie with Denzel Washington.
4/6

---

The X-Men

Very good.
Never saw it until now, some cool action and special effects.
A bit cheesy in places, but I’m keen to watch it again sometime.
4.5/6

---

The Lord of the rings – The Two Towers

Excellent.
Not quite as enjoyable as the first, I thought, but very, very close.
A few loose pieces regarding the interpretation of Tolkein’s books, but overall an outstanding fantasy movie which I will definitely see more than once on the big screen and a few times leter on DVD/Video.
Legolas’ on-the-run horse mount manoeuvre rocked.
The overall cinematic production is doubtless one of the best of all time, as is the first LOTR too. Bring on the 3rd!
5/6

------------------
Mogr -=BloodSeeker=- "If it bleeds, we can killit."
Kossuth OOC: 'haha, the combination unibrow/combover... i hear gargauth has that'
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:35 am

---

Daredevil – with Ben Affleck

Quite dissapointing.
I had heard good things about this movie, but the special effects really were quite poor overall I thought. I don’t really like Ben Affleck either, and he kinda sucked as usual.
Even the general cinematography and flow of the movie was doubtful and not very enjoyable in some parts. I’ll never watch it again.
2/6

---

Big Momma’s House

Diassapointing.
Funny in parts, loose in others, cheesy in others.
I’ll never watch it again.

2/6

---

Enemy Of The State – with Wil Smith

Pretty good.
Some cool ideas, and the main 2 actors did a good job.
Some slightly loose parts, but overall good entertainment.
I’ll probably watch it a few times again.
4/6

---
BEER
Clan Blindhammer
Sojourner

Postby Clan Blindhammer » Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:06 am

Night of the Living Dead original, black and white- 6
Night of the Living Dead, color remake - 4.5
Dawn of the Dead - 5
Day of the Dead - 6

Resident Evil - 4.5

I love the undead series, as long as it. haha, get this.. is believeable. I hate those zombies that run and talk. George Romero did great on the Night of the Living Dead series, the very first movies to scare the bloody shit out of me. I love 'em all. Resident Evil...i was a little saddened when Romero turned down the job, but the zombies, for the most part, are true to their game ( a little fast though). The game kicks though - I can't WAIT for the sequel.

Arti B - Director - Tea Time of the Dead - Coming to THEATRES near joo!!
King Artikerus Blindhammer
---------------
Kiaransalee responds to your petition with 'I have no opinion, keeps me out of trouble.'
Malar responds to your petition with 'you die more than a morigroup'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'please go away :P'
Rillifane responds to your petition with 'be the nance.... you are the nance... you are one with the nance...'
Baikalisan
Sojourner

Postby Baikalisan » Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:14 am

Insomnia - 3/6 i expected much more out of the movie due to they hype
they promo'd.

LOTR 1 - 6/6 what can i say, it was just good

LOTR 2 - 5/6 didnt hold my attention as well as #1 but still was excellent

Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone - 6/6 loved this, they stayed damned true to the book, dont find that very often

XXX - 4/6 Wasnt much impressed, same ole action movie, different tattoos

The Ring - 3.5/6 Omg what a let down this movie was :( i didnt guess the ending till the ending, but still..the actual movie (other than a couple shock parts) was over b4 it ever really got started

Reign of Fire - 2/5 can we say predictable boys and girls, feh

Big Daddy - 5/6 omg funny, i love Adam Sandler

Seven - 4.5/6 Morgan Freeman is awesome in just about all he does, and im a sucker for a good who done it and why!
Baikalisan Terrorforge - Valsharess Elg'caress -

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:18 pm

Wow some people liked some REALLY lousy films way too much. Most of them had plots about as deep as the chimpanzee/human hybrids forced to write the scripts.

Just to refrain from personally flaming anybody, I wont name which films blew miraculous chunks, even for hollywood, but which still got average ratings of around four stars on this thread. Green Mile *cough cough* (look mommy, they're gonna kill that nice big black man. While very very sad, isn't the whole word just nice and squishy? I LOVE you mom:) oops. but that one wasn't even the worst.

Some of the better movies recently (past six months or so)

LOTR (if you want to complain about these, you should never have put the books down in the first place.)

Austin Powers 3: Dear Lord will I ever stop laughing. agree on intro being worth price of the ticket alone.

Punch Drunk Love: amusing, witty, freely written. Sandlers actually evolves.

Bowling for Columbine: OMG...is that...TRUTH? In a movie? can they do that? Yes, and its STILL funny, if you can stomache it. cant wait for Farenheit 911: The Temperature at Which Freedom Burns, to come out, if it comes out, depending on IF americans manage to keep the right to criticise their own government, which is currently very doubtful, and in some cases, flat-out illegal now. watch out! terrorists!

Harry Potter: simple child's stories, the second one had a horrible finish, but overall very funny, entertaining, and well thought out.

Spiderman: was ok. putting it here to keep it off the list of movies not worth mentioning, cuz spidy *is* kewl.

Hmm...cant really think of any more recent movies that actually stick in my memory as standing out. Course, theres LOADS of older ones, from last year and beyond.. (Training Day, Fight Club, Snatch,... ...Casablanca)

PS. I laughed my ASS off in XXX, but not because it was good. quite to the contrary, it was the best worst movie I have seen in a very long time Van-whatshisname definitely deserves some kind of reward for this one....like a solid gold turd or something, i dunno. Funny shit. Great action scenes too hehe. Gotta love the flying hopping jumping motorcycle.

StarWars CloneTurds gets the ultimate WORST MOVIE EVER AWARD, which is, I will personally clobber that SOB spielberg if I ever see him in Europe. What a jerk. Too bad he produced austin powers 3. Guess I wont clobber him. But seriously. Talk about filthy rotting sh.. Proof that a Samuel L. does not a movie make, mmmmm?
ssar
Sojourner

May 2003 Movie Reviews

Postby ssar » Tue May 06, 2003 12:21 pm

Hollowman – Kevin Bacon

One of the worst movie experiences I have ever had.
I am not a big fan of Kevin Bacon anyways, but this was bordering on pathetic.
Extra cheese, very sloppy, with animal cruelty themes thrown in, I have trouble recalling disliking a movie as much as this one.
1/6

---

Escape from New York – Kurt Russel

I saw this aaaages ago, and it was on TV again the other night.
This movie has copped a bagging in many circles, renowned for being one of Kurt Russel’s most embarrassing performances.
I found it somewhat enjoyable, though quite cheesy and obviously from an era past.
Twice is all I ever want to see it.
2/6

---

National Lampoon’s Vegas Vacation – Chevy Chase

Another cool Vacation movie, however this one is kinda flogging a dead horse, in some respects.
Chevy Chase is a legend, and almost pulls it together.
Too loose and similar to the earlier Vacation movies.
3/6

---

X-Men 2

Excellent.
Pretty much lived up to all expectations I had of it, and is a significant improvement on the first X-Men movie.
Great to see more and better special effects and characters – Nightcrawler kicked ass!
A few little things I personally would have tried to do better, but not many.
With the door open for an X-Men 3 in future, I’d look forward to it.
I’ll watch it again.
5/6

---
BEER
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:34 pm

June 2003

Bugger this score out of 6 thing, I never liked that idea. Out of 10 from now on.

---

The Order – Jean-Claude Van Damme

Very dissapointing
Extra cheese, poorly done in many parts and many ways, even most of the fight scenes were dodgy.
The worst Van Damme movie I have seen, and I really like him generally.
3/10

---

The Matrix Reloaded – Keanu Reeves

Outstanding.
Improvement on the first, and an excellent experience on the big screen.
Slightly loose in a couple of places, but overall a great sequel.
Some new and kickass fight scenes and ideas.
I’ll definitely watch it again sometime.
8/10

---

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Disappointing.
Had it’s moments, and not bad for a light family type of film.
But really, pretty dodgy in many respects.
I’ll certainly never watch it again.
2/10

---

The Bourne Identity – Matt Damon

Excellent.
Only slightly disappointing in some parts, mostly very good and very well done.
Matt damon is one of the new school popular actors I much prefer over the likes of the likes of Ben Affleck and others.
A movie I will be keen to watch again someday.
7/10

---
BEER
cichlids
Sojourner

Postby cichlids » Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:44 pm

L'aUberge |Espanol
8/10
Really funny movie about students from all over europe doing a senester in Barcelona. Anyone who has lived in a situation where ppl from many coutries are all in the same place will really like this. Great look at the problems and benefits of combining so many different cultures into one.

Finding Nemo
8/10 (for that genre)
Pretty entertaining, but im easily amused with animation movies since there really new too me. Ellen degenres was pretty funny, but I have to admit I liked listening to little kids in audience comment on scenes even more than the movie as well.

Spinal Tap
9/10
Loved it back then, and bought it at flea market. ANyone who was ever into heavy metal back in the day, would love this (and im %99,999 sure they seen it).
"Theres a very fine line between smart and stupid"
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:08 pm

Hulk: 4/10

While Hulk had an incredibly in-depth background of how the hulk came to be, it made the first 60 minutes of the movie drag, with some people in the audience even shouting 'Where is the action'. Some of the multi-action scenes on the screen were interesting, show similar to how a comic strip is printed. However the film severely lacked in what most moviegoers were looking for.. action. Definately wasn't worth going to see for a full priced ticket on opening night. Worth the couple bucks as a renter however.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”