Movie Reveiw.

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Turxx
Sojourner

Movie Reveiw.

Postby Turxx » Sat Nov 17, 2001 4:56 am

This is intended for people to give simple reviews of movies recently seen.

I will be using a rating system of 0-6 stars

Shrek, i liked it, very funny, 4.5 stars.

O Brother where art thou. pretty good movie, 4 stars. one of those movies you love the first time you see it but the second time not so much.

Vertical Limit. exicititing, seemed realistic, good story, good acting, 4 stars

feel free to post movie reviews in your own format. i only ask thet you not give anything away that one would rather see for themselves.
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Sat Nov 17, 2001 5:45 am

Seen Blow and Momento recently.
Both very good movies.

Blow 5 *'s
Momento 4.5 *'s

Blow is about cocaine coming into the US.
Jonny Depp plays the part well

Momento is hard to follow and at first quite confusing, but it don't take long to figure out how they doing the movie.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Nov 17, 2001 3:32 pm

momento owned, go see it if you like pulp fiction and train spotting. its wierd and wacky and fucked up beyond belief.
Lalsed
Sojourner

Postby Lalsed » Sat Nov 17, 2001 7:37 pm

I'd have to give Shawshank Redemption 6 stars, an incredible movie.
Uhm.
Right.

------------------
Lalsed the Druid of Destruction...?
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Sun Nov 18, 2001 5:34 am

Corky Ramano.

Seriously though this movie owned. Chris Kattan was hilarious in A night at the roxbury but thats nothing compared to corky. i give it a 5.1 yes its that funny.

Monsters Inc.

Yet another movie that just absolutely owned. A better plot than toy story and neat pixar trademark at work. I loved it 4.9
thrankon
Sojourner

Postby thrankon » Sun Nov 18, 2001 5:56 am

heh seen alot of movies lately.

Tomb Raider 3.5 - great special effects and of cource.. mmm angelina.

The Hurricane 5/6 - great movie.. if ya like thinkers and drama

Cats & Dogs 3.5 - .. it was.. uhhh a movie

Hannibal 5 - fabo.. great ending scene.. want a snack?

K-Pax 6 - Awesome movie, great thought provoking and Kevin Spacey.. as always is still a god.

Pay It Forward 4.5 - good movie, again kevin spacey plays a great part.. tough ending
Grathnys
Sojourner

Postby Grathnys » Sun Nov 18, 2001 2:04 pm

>Monsters Inc.

>Yet another movie that just absolutely >owned. A better plot than toy story and >neat pixar trademark at work. I loved it 4.9

Here is a review from my 3 year old. "It wasn't funny." Out of the mouths of babes. one star.
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Sun Nov 18, 2001 2:46 pm

Shawshank Redemption, agreed 6 stars
Hannibal, was ok, 4 stars
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun Nov 18, 2001 4:45 pm

Saw Harry Potter last night. It was actually pretty good. Image Nice special effects, such as the people in paintings moving around... and a couple cool shapechanges by the one professor. I'll give it a 4... Image

Sarvis, who will never make it as a professional movie critic.
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Tue Nov 20, 2001 5:34 am

joe dirt 4.5 stars

a knights tale 5.75 stars

15 minutes 2.5 stars
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Tue Nov 20, 2001 6:55 am

Swordfish 2.5 stars
Joe dirt 4 stars, funny, but same old same old
15 days, not 15 minutes 5 stars, we came real close to nuclear war in this one.
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Tue Nov 20, 2001 7:07 am

no, 15 minutes, different movie
Jezlic
Sojourner

Postby Jezlic » Tue Nov 20, 2001 8:50 am

Harry Potter 5.75 stars...
wicked movie, awesome visuals, great screenplay, good acting

-would of got 6 stars, but the Fricken 'Look at me I'm a wizard, isn't it cool, I'm so happy grin' that harry potter puts on EVERY 5 MINUTES in the MOVIE, gets bit repetitious.

------------------
Jezlic -= Drow Priest =-

[This message has been edited by Jezlic (edited 11-20-2001).]
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Nov 20, 2001 3:13 pm

Harry Potter, great movie. Wasn't expecting it to be any good, the hubby was the one who wanted to go see it in the theater, but it was three hours long and I never noticed.

The thing that impressed me the most was how they managed to find a kid that looked EXACTLY like the kid in the books, and STILL had some talent. It boggles the mind.

Oh, and the football-like game they played on their broomsticks, that was fun.
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Tue Nov 20, 2001 3:24 pm

Agree, I went into Harry potter expecting very little and came out impressed.

5.75 for knights tale?? any movie from that period that has a scene where the background music is the boys are back in town deserves no higher than a 1!
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Nov 20, 2001 4:52 pm

Zrax, sometimes I lay awake at night, frightened at how often I seem to agree with you.

It's just damned creepy.
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Tue Nov 20, 2001 5:56 pm

Soon as I heard "We will, Wel will Rock you, I knew it wasn't to be taken seriously, so turned brain off and was mildly entertained. Had I kept brain on, I would've absolutely hated it.

Toplack

above comment relates to "Knight's Tale"
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Tue Nov 20, 2001 6:45 pm

oooh, Kindred Spirits.

be very afraid. Sometimes I lie in this open field just waiting for it to close.
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Wed Nov 21, 2001 6:54 am

Blow, 4 stars
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Wed Nov 21, 2001 8:15 am

Here's a few I have seen at the movies over the past year or so.

1) Dude, where's my car?
overall, quite pathetic. 1 point for the "scenery", 0.5 point for the stupidity.
1.5/6

2) The man who sued god
overall can't say I'd ever want to watch it again. too slow. billy connolly is always good tho.
2/6

3) Shreck
too children-oriented for my liking, but great for kids. good animation. eddie murphy was a bit over the top. some cool ideas.
3/6

4) Final fantasy
awesome animation, too much oriental-anime influences for my liking. great idea, a bit slow in places.
4/6

5) Dungeons & Dragons
awesome idea, overall not great result imo. some great special effects and scenes, but some cheesy acting and accents. dissapointing.
3.5/6

6) Stigmata
had some reservations when going in to see it, but was very impressed. not many movies truly unnerve me, and this one did. too religion-oriented for my liking, but then thats what it was about. screenplay and plot etc was very good imo. i would watch it again.
4.5/6

7) Episode 1 phantom menace
overall, a bit dissapointing, but cool still. some great special effects, and can't really go too wrong with the star wars theme. some somewhat silly characters, and a bit disjointed i thought. will watch it again on star wars theme video nights tho.
4/6

8) Baraka
one of the most memorable movies I have ever seen, and not a word spoken in it.
outstanding in content, theme and execution.
loses half a point cuz it's too short.
5/6

that's all i can think of for now.

S.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Sat Jan 05, 2002 1:49 pm

9) LOTR
Outstanding.
(see posts about it at: http://www.sojourn3.org/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001061-2.html )
5.5/6 equal highest i have ever given.

10) Traffic
Bordering on pathetic.
Very dissapointing, such little entertainment in general at all.
1/6

11) What Women Want
Not bad.
Quite funny and well done, overall.
I wouldnt rush out to see it again.
3.5/6

12) Happry Potter/Philosopher's Stone
Great movie.
excellent family movie, and in that context done extremely well.
a bit simple ofr my liking overall, but great to see.
5/6

[This message has been edited by ssar (edited 01-05-2002).]
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Jan 05, 2002 3:51 pm

vanilla sky

penelope cruise is hot the rest is not (no not even tom cruise trust me).
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sun Jan 06, 2002 4:17 pm

My two favorite movies of the year:

Ghost World: 6/6

Amelie : 6/6

Pretty similar movies, in a way.

The rest was mostly crap. Except Shrek! (And that one with those furry midget dudes was cool too..)

"Everybody likes parfait!"
-- Shevy
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Sun Jan 06, 2002 4:36 pm

Seen Planet of the Apes on pey per view the other night.
Don't waste your time on it.
It was pretty sad.
Mark Wahlberg should have ended his career as Dirk Diggler!
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Sun Jan 06, 2002 8:40 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zrax:
<B>Agree, I went into Harry potter expecting very little and came out impressed.

5.75 for knights tale?? any movie from that period that has a scene where the background music is the boys are back in town deserves no higher than a 1! </B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't they have 2 Queen sing-a-longs in that movie? On in the middle and one at the end?
That kinda threw it for me, I liked the movie, but that seriously killed it.
Of course, after many, many, MANY school reports on the Dark Ages and medieval combat, I'm very critical about my medieval movies.
It still irks me when they get the words "Catapult" and "Ballistae" mixed up, which they have for many, many years now Image

------------------
Taegost, The one and ONLY STUPER DRUID(tm)
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sun Jan 06, 2002 11:57 pm

Saving Silverman(5/6) - This movie friggin ruled! Only bummer was imagining R.L. Ermey saying "PRIVATE PYLE!!! WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION!! COME HERE AND KISS ME!!" bleh :P Amanda Peet is still as nummy in this movie as she was in The Whole Nine Yards. I'm not a real big Neil Diamond fan either. :P

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (4.5/6) - The whole concept of the story was awesome. The plot itself was very unique, and the amazing detail of the characters was simply mindboggling. If you watched it on DVD, check out the character profiles and look at all the tiny flaws they put in each characters face. Only thing that bugged me was the plot was a little too short...but James Woods' voice on the General was awesome...he plays such an awesome bad guy.

The Frighteners (5/6) - I finally got around to watching this movie not too long ago. I was impressed by it. Michael J. Fox does a really good job in this movie, and it wasn't some cheesy scary flick like I was totally expecting. Plus, when I saw R.L. Ermey (again) playing the Drill Sergeant as the guardian of the dead, it made the movie even better...the ghosts themselves are what gave the movie its personality. Image

The Shawshank Redemption (6/6) - I have to agree...Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman do an excellent job in this movie, and the story itself is full of subplots. The plot itself moves along well, and keeps you captivated throughout the entire movie.

The Green Mile (6/6) - This is another 6er. Greatly done, probably THE best adaptation of a Stephen King novel into film EVER. Tom Hanks does another fine job in this movie...right up there with Saving Private Ryan.

American Pie 2 (5/6) - Just as funny as the first. The best part of the movie has to be when Stifler gets the "champagne" bath....LMFAO. Jason Biggs glueing himself to himself proved rather...painful and interesting, too. :P

That's all I have for now!
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Jan 07, 2002 12:54 am

Just saw The Majectis last night. Actually a very good movie. Thoguht it was gonna be a chick flick, but it definately wasn't.. just a good drama with some humor Image
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Sun Jan 13, 2002 7:45 am

Seen vanilla sky tonight, was for wifes birthday, so she had choice.
If it wasn't for that it woulda been the first movie I ever payed for and walked out early on.

Movie went on forever trying to build characters, then takes an arupt turn and got so deep in disguise I even got confused what was real and what wasn't.
Was practically a re-write of Total Recall.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sun Jan 13, 2002 8:49 am

Lord of the Rings - good movie. I could have used more fighting, but Elijah Wood was a very convincing hobbit and even someone like me who is in the business couldnt figure out how they were able to so seamlessly make the hobbits obviously look smaller than everyone around them. well done and moved at a much faster pace vs. the, in my opinion, boring books.

Planet of the Apes - never read the book, but found the movie rather enjoyable. Mark Wahlberg has a good future in acting, however this movie does no justice to his talent. My favorite movies of his are Boogie Nights, Rock Star, and that one assassin movie he did with Lou Diamond Phillips who's name escapes me. Ending sucked, but i'm tired of happy endings anyway.

Pearl Harbor - great action, horrid love story. Ben Affleck is a horrible actor. He is unable to show the full ranges of emotions even half as effectively as the animators of the Final Fantasy movie. Enjoyable for the easily entertained.

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - I'd been waiting for this movie, being a final fantasy nut since the first game i owned on my Nintendo Famicon in the mid 80's. The storyline was flat compared to any of the games ever done in the series (not counting Tactics or Legends) and i really expected more from each of the characters. Shorter than i would have liked considering the time spent, but the animation is very very well done. The CG in the latest game is actually a notch above the movie, and I hope to see more.

13 Days - i'm only 27, my parents were in their early teens at the time of the Cuban Missile Crisis, but i never realized just how close we got to war. Kevin Costner had no business attempting a southern georgia accent and that really distracted as well as the movie being overly long, yet chilling at the same time.

Imposter - I always liked Gary Sinise, but this movie showcases none of his talent. It's confusing to start, hard to follow and has a rather depressing ending. None of the characters are even partially developed.

Knights' Tale - i enjoyed the fact that the movie was poking fun at itself. I'm a sucker for a good midevil flick, and if i had gone into the theater with the idea that it would be accurate i would be disappointed as the above posters. however i knew it was more comedy than anything, and that makes the movie successful.

Patiently waiting for : Blade II, Queen of the Damned, Spider Man

Anxious for: Episode II, Clive Cussler's Sahara.
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Sun Jan 13, 2002 4:36 pm

Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail: 4/6
I loved the movie, absolutely loved it, only reason it didn't get 6: I hated the ending.
It has to be the worst ending to a movie I've ever seen.
Blair Witch Project: -3/6
Absolutely horrid movie. I couldn't stand it. It actually put me to sleep 7 times when I was trippin'... Only reason it was 7 times was because every time it ended my friends would wake me up and say "Oh, you missed it? Well, we'll rewind it to the point you last saw! Then you can see the whole thing, and we can watch it again!"
Grrr....
Exit Wounds: 6/6
Steven Segal is the man...
Garth Brooks Live From New York: 3.5/6
I like Garth, but he looked really evil in the video...
Prolly 'cuz he was stoned the whole time.
did anyone actually go to see it? I was going to, but when my ma and I turned on t he news and saw how far traffic was backed up for it, we decided to buy th e video when it came out... Image

------------------
Taegost, The one and ONLY STUPER DRUID(tm)
Gort
Sojourner

Postby Gort » Mon Jan 14, 2002 2:33 pm

Agree on the Grail and Blair Witch, Love the Grail, hate the ending.

Blair Witch, I rooted for the witch. The park was 5 sq miles, if you can't find your way outa that, you shouldn't leave the house.

Haven't seen Exit Wounds, tired of watchin Segal do the same 8-9 moves in every movie, but the only thing the Glimmer Man lacked from being a good movie anyway was a good editor. If they got one for this, I'd watch it, and likely enjoy it.

Toplack
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Jan 14, 2002 3:08 pm

Okay, the best movie I've seen lately, aside from the boxoffice blockbusters...

It never came out in the theaters in Oklahoma, but I saw a copy for sale at Blockbuster and was intrigued... so glad I picked it up... "Caveman's Valentine." Excellent movie, interesting story, check out the list of producers on it and that should give you an idea of how much interest it raised. Morgan Freedman gets my vote for the Lifetime Achievement Award in acting. If you're a fan of his, you should also see "The Red Violin."

Now, I'm gonna go way out on a limb here, people are gonna gasp and I'm gonna lose any creditability I might have had. I really enjoyed "Monkeybone." I went into it expecting it to be one of the most horrible flicks I've ever seen, so that might have been a big asset for it. I thought the movie was sheer genius, and it was immediately added to the "best black comedy" genre in my book. It was sick, it was twisted, and it was everything it set out to be. Some of the insinuated humor and symbolism was what won me over, there's an element of the truly macabre and bizarre that goes way beyond the childish gloss. Anybody else notice that Edgar Allen Poe was played by Edgar Allen Poe IV (or one of those numbers)? The physical humor was some of the best I've seen... "Death Becomes Her" did it with special effects, but the broken neck in this movie was all physical acting... and was done better.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:40 pm

- Star Wars Episode 2 Attack of the Clones:

Overall, a very good movie, which I will like to see again a few times in future, in the same manner as most other Star Wars movies.
Anakin's actor almost destroyed his part, but the jedi scenes made up for it.

4.5/6

---

- Minority Report:

Very dissapointing. I went to see this movie with much anticipation and expecting it to be somewhat different that what it was, including involving a lot more cool action.
As it was, I think it had few good points at all, and was one of the worst Spielberg movies I have seen.
Not at all keen to ever see it again.
2/6

------------------
Mogr -=BloodSeeker=-
Beer. More Beer.
Gromikazer
Sojourner

Postby Gromikazer » Wed Jun 26, 2002 12:25 am

Minority Report- I really liked this movie, and how they didn't give you all the answers up front. I definately think this movie was worth watching, and will prolly see it in the theatre again.
5-5.5/6

Undercover Brother- I was hoping this movie would be more funny, but I was really disapointed. There was one or two funny parts, but I wish i never wasted my money.
.5/6

------------------
Gromikazer Terrorforge -Veldruk- Orbdrin D'oloth
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Jun 26, 2002 1:05 am

Of movies i have seen recently...

Pi-Independant film by Darren Aronofsky who also did Requiem for a dream...love the cinematography, storyline, character development...was a worthwhile watch.
4/6

Requiem for a dream-interesting movie in a transpotting kind of format. Very intelligent, creative ways of portaying events, chilling in parts.
5/6

Lord of the Rings-its lord of the rings, nuff said.
6/6

187-its got samuel l. jackson in it so it already gets at least a 4. Very good character development for sam's character. Very very good ending.
5/6

Lock, Stock and two smoking barrels- Funny as hell when you can understand them. If you like pulp fiction check it out. if you dont, check it out.
5/6

Magnolia- One of the worst movies i have ever had to sit through in my entire life. I think the producers should pay everybody who wasted their time in that POS.
-10/6

Will agree though, monty p.'s holy grail rocks except for the ending, but the rest of the movie more than makes up for it.
5.5/6

------------------
Kifle "It Slipped I swear!" ButteryFingers
Zellin
Sojourner

Postby Zellin » Wed Jun 26, 2002 2:13 am

Almost all movies I have seen in the past two years: 1

If I could give less than this rating, I would. I hate the entertainment industry. Hate hate hate. Hate. Especially you, Steven Spielberg. Die.

Recent movies I've seen and actually enjoyed:

Mulholland Drive - Excellent movie. Lets the viewer do the thinking rather than having plotlines explained by beating you over the head with a mallet for the last 20 minutes of the film. Unlike most David Lynch films, the plot was mostly coherent this time, after a little thought. 6/6

Ghost World - Steve Buscemi is great in this. Thora Birch is not bad either, and although I didn't like here character, I assume I wasn't supposed to. 5/6

The Hudsucker Proxy - Old movie, but one I watch on a regular basis. My favorite comedy of all time. Witty, snappy dialogue and although over the top, the characters are great. 6/6

Fight Club - Another oft-watched film. Edward Norton and Brad Pitt are amazing in this. (I say this about Pitt grudgingly, I hate him because he's so cool all the frickin time) I would give this movie a 6 had it not been a little hypocritical to cast hyper-cool Pitt and give him all these designer wardrobes. 5/6

------------------
Zellin group says 'I'm still here buddy =)'
Zellin has left the group.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Wed Jun 26, 2002 2:35 am

Saw Bourne Identity, loved it.
Want to see MIB2/Reign of Fire/XXX

I have to say . . . this has been and looks to be the best year for movies ever.

------------------
-Daz Proudwolf, Tapestry Pirate
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
FS: All my irrelevant psychology textbooks.
Rurga
Sojourner

Postby Rurga » Wed Jun 26, 2002 3:10 am

I'm glad someone else mentioned PI and Requiem for a Dream. Both are great moves, and I highly recommend both. Also should go see cube. Being the geek that I most definately am, another fairly good flick is Searching for Bobby Fisher. Old disney movie, but a good one.
PI - 6 dead elves.
Requiem for a Dream - 6 dead elves
Cube - 6 Dead elves.
And of course. Searching for bobby fisher. Another 6 dead elves.
I give them four thumbs up.

------------------
Rurga - The Sigil

[This message has been edited by Rurga (edited 06-25-2002).]
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Wed Jun 26, 2002 3:15 am

Bourne Identity = good. Franka Potente says 'scheisse' in it a lot. That made me laugh. Nobody else in the theatre knew what it meant.

Going to see Minority Report on Saturday.

Waiting anxiously for Austin Powers: Goldmember.

- Grungar "Me fails english? That's unpossible!" Forgefire
Zagaz
Sojourner

Postby Zagaz » Wed Jun 26, 2002 5:19 am

Snatch - 5.5 beers out of six, very entertaining, takes the plot twists of lock stock and twists it even more....YEAH! That crazy Russian!

Dogma - Ok, so it is not a 'new' movie but saw it for like the 5th time a few weeks ago, 6/6. Kevin Smith freaking rocks man!

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back - 6/6 see above. The best is the dvd deleted scens...oooh...70's bush!

------------------
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Wed Jun 26, 2002 7:49 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rurga:
<B>I'm glad someone else mentioned PI and Requiem for a Dream. Both are great moves, and I highly recommend both. Also should go see cube. Being the geek that I most definately am, another fairly good flick is Searching for Bobby Fisher. Old disney movie, but a good one.
PI - 6 dead elves.
Requiem for a Dream - 6 dead elves
Cube - 6 Dead elves.
And of course. Searching for bobby fisher. Another 6 dead elves.
I give them four thumbs up.

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cube was wonderful...love that autistic guy, i thought they portrayed it better than rain man.

Searching for bobby fischer rules because...
#1 its about chess
#2 its more specificaly about one of the best players of all time
and...
#3 it has lawrence fishburn in it...what else could you ask for?

------------------
Kifle "It Slipped I swear!" ButteryFingers
Eza
Sojourner

Postby Eza » Wed Jun 26, 2002 8:27 pm

Hmm.. movies I've watched recently..

Pay It Forward - 6/6 - What a great movie. It's got a good story, it's got Kevin Spacey. Who could ask for more? (Though I'd rather gouge out my eyes than see Helen Hunt in those pleather shorts again).

Autumn in New York - 2/6 - I love Winona, I love Richard Gere. This movie was a tear jerker, but the plot's tired out, it's been used way too many times.

But, I'm a Cheerleader - 6/6 - Staying up watching HBO until 4am can have it's advantages.. channel surfing I found this movie & stopped to take a look at it. It's about a teenage girl whose parents think she's a lesbian and send her to a sort of "gay rehab".. It's got a lot of comedy. I *really really* liked it.

Jay & Silent Bob - 5/6 - Very very funny movie. One point deducted because of the incessant Star Wars references. (I HATE STAR WARS!!)

Think that's it for now. Image

------------------
- Booty Assasin -
Zagaz
Sojourner

Postby Zagaz » Thu Jun 27, 2002 5:23 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Eza:
<B>

Jay & Silent Bob - 5/6 - Very very funny movie. One point deducted because of the incessant Star Wars references. (I HATE STAR WARS!!)

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look kids, it's Mark Hamil (Applause) My friend and I actually appluaded and cheered at that part. All the movies have at least one reference to star wars, and i love the references to the other view askew productions as well..KICK @$$!

------------------
Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Sun Jun 30, 2002 6:30 am

Saw Minority Report tonite. Was pretty spiffy. I want one of those batons that you zap people in the throat with and it makes them puke.

There were some inconsistancies and very convenient omissions and whatnot, but you'll get that with just about any movie. Plot good. Good twists, good places for twists, that kinda thing. Was the guy from Office Space in it? I could tell. Looked kinda like him.

Go see it if you have the time and spare cash.

On a completely selfish note, I wanna see a fantabulous Deus Ex movie. That game ruled so damn much. The level of detail is amazing. Heard they're making a sequel. Heh. Oooh oooh oooh, anyone know of any really damn good games like Deus Ex that are very engrossing, detailed, and tons of fun to play? Man. I loved sniping people with the 10 mm pistol. My only complaint about it is that you could modify an assault rifle with a silencer but not a frickin pistol. Damn, how I loved the Dragon's Tooth sword. Ok I should go to sleep now.

- Grungar "Playing in traffic: Fun for the entire family" Forgefire
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Sun Jul 14, 2002 3:42 am

- Spider-Man

Saw it last night.
Very impressive.
Cool family movie, and overall quite well done.
Slightly dissapointing from what I expected of it, but still very good.
Broguth back some cool memories of the comics and cartoon (i think?) years ago.

4/6

------------------
Mogr -=BloodSeeker=-
Beer. More Beer.
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Sun Jul 14, 2002 4:15 am

The important (and most pressing) question in my mind is: Did they let the Ramones do the theme song?

- Grungar '1, 2, 3, 4!' Forgefire
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Sun Jul 14, 2002 7:43 am

Reign of Fire: 4.5 maybe 5

for a dragon movie it had good acting, story.. special effects were really good in most places but in a couple they really looked horrible... (near the end the rushed one scene in particular i think.. if you see it you'll know what im talking about right away Image but overall good..

------------------
Mishri }-Sentinel-{ Shades of Twilight

[This message has been edited by Mishre (edited 07-14-2002).]
Zagaz
Sojourner

Postby Zagaz » Thu Jul 18, 2002 12:48 pm

Men In Black II - 3.5/6

The plot seemed like a rehash. It was not as funny as the first one. The redeeming quality was the chemistry between smith and jones, they make a good team. Ooooh...and the little cartoon before, really sweet..heh heh...
Jar Jar crawling towards dude in desert yousa meesa must tell them....(british accent)Of fer heavens sake, the chub chubs are coming...death... lol

------------------
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Jul 18, 2002 12:50 pm

Reign of Fire: 9.5/10

Great movie. Loved the Archangels, and the plot was actually there.. Fear that.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Wuva
Sojourner

Postby Wuva » Sun Jul 21, 2002 12:02 am

Stewart Little II

great follow up and I loved it as well as my kiddos. Image)

------------------
Wuva *Wildchild* EagleBlade

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”