Sojourn Mudders and Where they are Now!

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Sun Feb 18, 2001 7:09 am

I WAS from Edgewater, NJ Crul Image
5 minutes away from the George Washington Bridge :P
I moved far far away :P

Jennie
Zymira
Sojourner

Postby Zymira » Mon Feb 19, 2001 12:17 am

Heya all! Yasmar and I (or as we were otherwise known, Orggh and Onka) are really looking forward to SOS3! Since the close of SOS2, Yasmar has went to life in a wheelchair and I a working woman once again.. Hope all is well with everyone and looking forward to seeing all again Image

*HUGS TO ALL FROM BOTH OF US* :P
Rynlaeis
Sojourner

Postby Rynlaeis » Mon Feb 19, 2001 12:38 am

Hey Zym, been a long time.. what's this talk about a wheelchair? Drop me an email at kelaros@mail.com if you wanna catch up :)

Rynlaeis/Terian

[This message has been edited by Rynlaeis (edited 02-18-2001).]
Rymbie
Sojourner

Postby Rymbie » Wed Feb 21, 2001 9:16 pm

Well, since everyone else is doing it, I might as well do it too... Image

After I quit Toril, I basically stayed away from anything fantasy-related...kinda like Selias. The fire was just gone, ya know what I'm sayin'? Nothing like a grand reopening of Sojourn to relight those fires though...heh.

Anyway, shortly after leaving the mud, I got lucky and landed an internship with the Environmental Protection Agency in Washington, DC. Came in late August of last year and have been in the area ever since. For real, DC is tha bomb -- so much to do and see.

My internship just ended, but I got a job offer from the National Science Foundation, so it looks like I'm headed there. I have a couple other possible offers coming in, but it definitely looks like I'll be staying in the MD/VA/DC area for a while. Image

Anyhoo, enough of my boring life. Can't wait to see everyone on opening day!

Rymbie/Shyarn
Azralek Silvermist
Sojourner

Postby Azralek Silvermist » Fri Feb 23, 2001 4:48 pm

Well I am now busy finishing up at University in Maryland. things going fairly well.

Nice to see so many of the old crowd around
I been busy playing a lot of EQ on Luclin server. not sure if i have the time to make another come back in sojourn ..but you never know.

Previously: 49th ranger Azralek SilverMist
43rd warrior Milithax
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Feb 25, 2001 6:16 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aradune:
<B>*shrug*

made some graphical MUD thingy..

haven't done much else.

-Aradune</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

aradune, aren't you one of the head honchos at verant? and u played toril too? cool Image
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sun Feb 25, 2001 8:46 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rymbie:
Anyway, shortly after leaving the mud, I got lucky and landed an internship with the Environmental Protection Agency in Washington, DC. Came in late August of last year and have been in the area ever since. For real, DC is tha bomb -- so much to do and see.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You will give me your NOVA phone number at once!

I'm coming back for Spring Break next week, and my parents live in Herndon. We will have to go play some football.

- Ragorn
Onthar
Sojourner

Postby Onthar » Mon Feb 26, 2001 6:59 am

Played with Massaki , Raiwen and the rest of the Mailed Fist gang for a long time... Finished up with school.. Got a Job with a software company.. have been working since... Its good to know it will all be back! Cant wait to meet everyone.. Enth, Thengil, Kron.. etc etc.. Hey folks how are ya??? :-)
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Mon Feb 26, 2001 11:53 pm

Believe it or not I actually got a medical education since Toril went down. I graduate with an MD this coming May. Ror!

Oh yeah, also got Jhorr to 51 on Duris and had fun fragging evils with Silverast, Altren, and old Lokke from Sojourn 1. Also checked out Basternae for a bit but didn't have as much fun. Looking forward to doing Erlan's quest and Jot Invasion again though. I hope they're still there...*ponder*
Aradune
Sojourner

Postby Aradune » Wed Feb 28, 2001 7:32 am

Dalar: Yep, Aradune Mithara, Level 50 Ranger, Crimson Sigil/Riders of Twilight Image

~

-Aradune
Wargo
Sojourner

Postby Wargo » Wed Feb 28, 2001 7:39 am

Jhorr: you were able to study in med school and mud at the same time? Damn, you must be a helluva smarter than my sister. She's studying full time and suffering. Don't you have like insane hours like overnight shifts and stuff? When do you begin your residency program or have you finished already? What's your (or intended) discipline?

Wargo, who has been getting sick a little too often lately
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Wed Feb 28, 2001 10:59 pm

Hey Wargo - yeah usually when all the mages were memming I was doing a little memming of my own *wink*. Starting internal medicine this July so don't get sick then :>
Averyn
Sojourner

Postby Averyn » Thu Mar 01, 2001 3:28 am

crackling speaker... "Dr. Jhorr, please report to surgery"

crackling speaker again... "get off the mud Dr. Jhorr, there is a person dying in arrr elll... and he can't be ressed"

AD
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Mar 01, 2001 3:32 am

Doctor Jhorr to Avernus Throne Room... STAT!!!

*snickers*
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Fri Mar 02, 2001 8:12 am

Muahahaha, frightening isn't it?
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Mon Mar 05, 2001 5:34 am

I moved from Austin to Atlanta back in 1997. I worked for a year as a unix production control admin and then got hired on as a Software Developer for Delta Air-Lines by day and Senior in Information Systems at a local Georgia university by night.

My life is pretty much work and school, but I have a wonderful girlfriend to occupy what spare time I have.

Software Development/Software Architechture is so incredibly fun and rewarding. The best thing is that this is something I've known I wanted to do since I was 12 years old and now I can do it. My co-workers give me funny looks when I tell them how much fun I'm having at work!

I'm really looking forward to playing Sojourn again. I really miss Nokie the halfling locksmith. I hope to be able to hang out with all my old friends.

-Nokie Quickfingers

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 05, 2001 1:51 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aradune:
<B>*shrug*

made some graphical MUD thingy..

haven't done much else.

-Aradune</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HAHAHAHAH! Yer a hoot and a half, Brad :P
Since when is EQ a "MUD thingy"?

Silly git Image
Bibbe
Sojourner

Postby Bibbe » Mon Mar 05, 2001 2:57 pm

Hmm oh well let me see what did i do?
I've broken up 3 good realtions with 3 good girlfriends....

arrgghhh!!
Branthur
Sojourner

Postby Branthur » Wed Mar 07, 2001 6:34 am

Let's see..

Working as a Relay Operator for the Deaf, putting my typing skills to use.

Got married..

Annoying Gantoris

Yeah, that's about it.
Menoch
Sojourner

Postby Menoch » Fri Mar 09, 2001 8:57 am

Became a writer and moved to San Diego from Virginia. Work at Verant doing content writing for them with that wacky chap who goes by Aradune.

--Pegleg
Nepenthia
Sojourner

Postby Nepenthia » Sun Mar 11, 2001 5:34 pm

Smile, it's very cool to read the posts from everyone. I've been hanging out on Aradune's little graphical mud thingy for quite awhile now and am usually found as Nepenthia or Nizina on Veeshan. Please say hiya if you see me. By the way, Everquest still has no dresses for half-elf female bards! Good heavens!

Nep Image
Serrak
Sojourner

Postby Serrak » Mon Mar 12, 2001 9:21 pm

Lets see.. After it closed way to much free time. Left a job as Tier 3 support to help create the 2nd largest online gaming network, Net-Games. Founded Net-Games, Inc. in the states, about to relocate to Germany to the primary office as the CTO of the global company.

Beyond ready to ditch Evercrack and play on a REAL mud. Look foreword to seeing you all again.

-Serrak Velstat
a.k.a Dranthor Durmont
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Wed Mar 14, 2001 6:22 am

Well since that fateful day at work when i (behind the manager's back) started up Zmud on our pictureCD machine and seen the end of an era message things really started falling into place. I've concentrated on photography and do wedding as well as portraiture in my spare time as well as earning my certificate in photofinishing from the Society of Photofinishing Engineers. I, too, have been bumming around EQ since summer and have a 51 druid, 50 necro, 40 enchanter, 45 bard, 40 warrior and 44 cleric on torvonnilous. twinking rules! :P

and i cant WAIT for sojourn. i cant wait for a better 'Vision(tm)', more groups, closer knit friends, more people who UNDERSTAND how a game like this actually works and warriors that can actually, really TAUNT..er rescue...

long live sojourn!
Tagad
Sojourner

Postby Tagad » Wed Mar 14, 2001 8:07 am

Stopped Mudding when the Mud shut down that time... Went back to school and got a degree in something useless like Computer Science.

Finished up with school and started playing Everquest which I quickly addicted my brother to as well. At least he now understands why I was so cranky when he would interrupt me while mudding.

Main Character in Everquest: Tagad Sigil, 57 human cleric on the Veeshan Server. (60 easily if I bothered to do experince instead of raiding) Ex Raid Leader of the Everquest Guild Outriders of Karana and Founder/Raid Leader of the Everquest Guild Riders of Twilight, current member of Fires of Heaven, resident Uber Guild of the Veeshan Server.

Eventually found myself working in the computer game industry as a game designer. I'm currently working way to many hours for a small but respectable game developing company. I am enjoying the hell out of my job so the hours dont really matter.

Besides that I'm still a young punk attempting to act in a way that shows some level of maturity and hopefully succeeding some of the time. *snickers*

Tagad Sigil
Danilor
Sojourner

Postby Danilor » Thu Mar 15, 2001 2:45 pm

Well, Sojourn/Toril experience has treated me well Image All those long nights awake playing in Jot during the fire giant invasion or questing in Calimshan were not without payoff! Image

The last almost 4 years have been quite interesting, to say the least! After Toril, I moved on to a small company in San Diego where I had the opportunity to work with Aradune as a designer and part-time areas guy for a "small" G-MUD called EverQuest. Not long after that, I had the opportunity to continue this same opportunity and work on an expansion for EQ called Ruins of Kunark.

Recently, my life has taken an interesting turn. The realms of my mind that has been once filled with dragons, trolls, elves, magic-users, platemail, crossbows, and swords has been overtaken. Now those same realms are filled with rancors, gamorreans, bothans, jedi, mandalorian armor, blasters, and lightsabers. It is a little known project by some little known people out here in Austin, Texas called Star Wars Galaxies.

Anyhow, it is definitely good to see all the old faces and hear what everyone is doing! Hope to see you all online again soon!

~Danilor/Miloni/Graelov
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Thu Mar 15, 2001 3:07 pm

I decided to go totally in-character. I sold my car and house and used the money to buy a swampy bog near the woods. I dug myself a hole under the small rickety bridge, and now spend my time prowling the bog and hiding under my bridge. Occasionaly I snag myself a youngling as they venture the forest paths, and any wanting to cross my bridge must pay the toll, one cow or youngling per week. When I'm bored I eat my finger or my hand and stare as it grows back. At night and in bad weather I prowl the area looking for a mate, but no luck so far. So then I go back to my troll hole and chew my finger again, or lurk in my swamp.

Cherzra.
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Thu Mar 15, 2001 8:09 pm

did i miss something since when did SOS2 close? nope its still up and running strong for the folks that are stuck in the past with thier 486's and 14.4 modems that dont have 30 mins per page view to spare so they just use the egroup. Plus on here ya kinda gotta watch what ya say. On the egroup you can say whatever you want to whoever you want flame away!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zymira:
<B>Heya all! Since the close of SOS2, Yasmar has went to life in a wheelchair
*HUGS TO ALL FROM BOTH OF US* :P</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Sun Mar 18, 2001 8:47 am

Cherzra don't lie!! You have been the resident scholar and most well-known annoyance on Basternae :P
Ionari
Sojourner

Postby Ionari » Mon Mar 19, 2001 5:02 am

How can I put my feelings into words concerning the closure of Toril except I was crushed. All good things come to an end, this is true. I never expected the mud to close because of the reasons it did, made me very sad and angry. I won't express any more feelings or opinions about the subject as it is upsetting me now as it did two? years ago.

Wow! A breath of fresh air the break from the mud did to my life. Like life saving plasma it was. It enabled me to see just where I was lacking in my responsibilities. I had not realized just how many friends I had alienated, family members put off and work performance degraded beyond belief. Plus how much I generally disposed people in general if they didn't fit into certain molds I had formed in my mind from false perceptions of how I wanted them to act and be.

Feeling energetic with all my new found free time, I decided to join a gym and work out my energy in an attempt to slim up my bloating body. Running and swimming also helped me lose 35 pounds! And I've kept it off! Boy what a relief to my self esteem!! (: I bought a TON of new clothes and started getting out of the house more and taking my husband away from his vice, the TV. It completely boosted our marriage to the highs we first felt when we got married! YAY!

I also was able to re-acquaint myself with my two precious daughters, Molly and Jennifer. My I didn't realize just how much I had neglected to pay attention to them. They take me shopping at the malls, we go to movies, we hang out and they point out the cute boys walk by while we snack on popcorn in the foyer in the entrance. They've taught me to ice skate and I've taught them how to cook. I very much love the time we've spent these last couple of years! I have my family back. (:

I took on a job managing the women's clothing section of Meyer & Frank for the last year. I tell you the truth: I enjoy shopping for clothes more than I do supervising a dozen girls selling them. (; Some customers just get their nylons in a twist over the silliest things! *grrrr*

With the extra money from my job, John and I were able to move out of our tiny 2 bedroom shack of a house and into a darling 4 bedroom house directly between both of our jobs and along the MAX line (light rail transit) so we can save wear and tear on our cars. The morning commute is an exciting time because I love to people watch.

The main question plagues me is what shall I do when Sojourn III opens up in under a month? Shall I dive head first back into the darkness of 10 hour mudding sessions? I think not. I enjoy my new found life. Yes, I will stop by and play for an hour or two to re-acquaint myself with all my old friends I have seen post here which I am so delighted to hear from.

I had better close this now and get to bed. Someone's puppy eyes are just too irresistible. (;

Ionari gives you a great big, warm hug!

Ionari has lost her link.
Dakrish
Sojourner

Postby Dakrish » Mon Mar 19, 2001 10:34 pm

Well I'll be, is that Garrok from the old days? You probably don't remember me, but my trollie was Gyrx. Drop me an icq at 16610708. Anywho, I've been doin a little of the EQ thing, played a few GodWars muds, worked, school, girlfriend, ya know. Hey Cherzra, haven't seen you in awhile,oh yea. Anyone know where Jacyn disappeared too? I haven't been able to find him on EQ in forever.

laterz
me

[This message has been edited by Dakrish (edited 03-19-2001).]
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Mar 20, 2001 2:07 am

If the Jacyn you are referring to is the one that was in Coterie Nocturne on the Cazic-Thule server, he switched to Ayonae Ro when it opened... After that, I am not sure, I sold both my accounts, and am forever thankful I got out of that place.. I wish I had remembered that Jacyn was a name from Toril. I feel like a schmuck that I talked to him so many times and didn't recall that. Sigh.

Mal the weenie
Ruhr
Sojourner

Postby Ruhr » Wed Mar 21, 2001 8:38 am

Ionari:

Thanks for the refreshing candor. Just remember:

Everything in moderation.

Schedule your play time; have it coincide with your husband's tv time, and your children's homework time. Set an hour that you'll log off, and stick to it.

It'll be easy to trade your exercise regimen and time w/ family for mudding hours, not to mention staying up too late, so you're not in good shape (or late) at work the next day, but it'll be up to you to discipline yourself.

I share some of your concerns, although my obligations are primarily to my job, and I don't have a wife and kids, but things can get out of hand nonetheless.

Good luck.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Wed Mar 21, 2001 9:32 am

Heh, I took 2 weeks off starting the week after the opening... going to lock my door and close the curtains, disconnect my phone, stock up on supplies in advance and tell relatives/friends I'm leaving the country!

schedule:

get up at 10, mud till 1700, cook+eat, mud till 0200

Cherzra must be 50 fast!

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 21, 2001 8:49 pm

I totally understand where Ionari is coming from.

Toril / Sojourn is simply put ... an addiction. The addiction for me (and I think for a lot of people) is in the fact that on Sojourn there is a very real need to keep up with your friends in terms of levels and equipment so that you do not feel like you are being left out.

I have spent time recently trying to decide if I am willing to jump back into the madness or can I become simply a sideline spectator. My decision is still not entirely made.

I know I will have to do some soul searching to decide that if what has become important to me in my life is higher on the priority scale when compared to being an active member of the Sojourn community.

And since many of us are out of school and have aquired the responsiblities of real life ... I do not think that Ionari and I are the only ones having to make this decision.

Fayren
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Wed Mar 21, 2001 9:10 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fayren:
<B>
Toril / Sojourn is simply put ... an addiction. The addiction for me (and I think for a lot of people) is in the fact that on Sojourn there is a very real need to keep up with your friends in terms of levels and equipment so that you do not feel like you are being left out.
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is an interesting phenomenon, is it not? Should one feel angry if a bud you've grouped with alot somehow moves way up in levels and suddenly they stop asking for groups 'n such or are too busy for you? I'm sure everyone has done it and it's happened to everyone. Those friends who group with you reguardless of level are definately a precious commodity.

Izzy the philosopher
Gene Quagmire
Sojourner

Postby Gene Quagmire » Thu Mar 22, 2001 7:12 am

Since good ole Bruggo Dwarftosser went to heaven with the rest of Toril, I've spent time getting my head together. I got engaged to my girlfriend. We are now getting ready to leave the smoking hellhole that is Tallahassee to go to Ann Arbor, where my fiancee is going to study Formal Political Theory at UM. *beams proudly, because UM is one of the best schools in the nation* Now waiting for best friend to discover if he got into the math program at UM so we can all go together and make it a lot easier. I spent a week up there and absolutely loved it! I can't wait to get out of the south. Although I severely doubt anyone remembers me, I thought I'd go ahead and join the orgy of reminiscence. >:P

------------------
The Mangler.
Tovar
Sojourner

Postby Tovar » Thu Mar 22, 2001 1:52 pm

Hrmm.....where the hell have I been. Well, much like the rest of our dysfunctional little "family" of Toril/Sojournites, after my initial mourning/bitching period I didn't really mud that much and tried to make some decisions regarding my RL existence. Got back into school (damn prereqs. to the master's program), started writing again, and started that torturous path of self discovery and making amends to all the people that I alienated during those stints where it was work/mud/sleep, repeat as necessary. I dabbled with both Asheron's Call and EQ....but neither held me in thrall as Toril/Sojourn had. I look forward to coming back to S3, but like many have said in this thread....I hope to master the game and not let it master me. I'm determined not to give pause to RL or let anything external suffer as a result.

Tovar Winterwolf
Ruggak
Sojourner

Postby Ruggak » Thu Mar 22, 2001 2:11 pm

Well I just sold my internet company for a nice piece of change. I am currently on Everquest, stopped mudding after a few failed attempts to find a new mud. Still live in NYC
Scarlet Adept
Sojourner

Postby Scarlet Adept » Sat Mar 24, 2001 9:01 pm

It seems like Soj2 closed so long ago. I've moved from southern California to Northern and back again. I've also moved up in the world career-wise. Back in the Sojourn1 days, eating out at a fast food joint was a nice treat, because it was cheaper to eat at home. Left computer tech support to do software quality assurance. and now I ca afford to eat where ever I want =)

I still hope to get paid someday for doing what I love: playing multiplayer games and analyzing them because that's what I do..

(Need to send another resume to Verant :-)

Been playing EQ for more than one year. Moving from 5+ years of 2D Sojourn MUD to the 3D of EQ was a shocker but fun. Now I have Winsom the ENC 45th on Bertoxx server.

I'm looking forward to saying hello to old friends when Soj3 beta opens. I really miss the good, involved teamwork and zones of Sojourn. Sojourn's problem (for me)was that after I had become so familiar with the world, making new characters was not very fun until around 40th level which meant a LOT of boring exp...

Opposite to Sojourn play, I really enjoy playing the lower-mid levels of Everquest. The game can get tedious for me as I near 50th. I've made 3 characters in EQ because I keep getting bored near 50th. I think Velious, and re-visited Kunark, will keep me interested this time around.

I hope Sojourn 3 does something to improve the early and mid-game play, because the high level play is already great. "The race to 50th" should be for people that enjoy the race, but the game shouldn't be designed to bring the most reward to players that want to more or less breeze by the lower levels.

Until spells and swords clash again,

Alluriel aka Lynnette, the Eternal Sorceress
Sadric
Sojourner

Postby Sadric » Sat Mar 24, 2001 9:14 pm

hah lynnette, been a long while Image

Sadric
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Sat Mar 24, 2001 11:12 pm

Hey Lynn, long time no see..
Sadric
Sojourner

Postby Sadric » Sun Mar 25, 2001 6:42 am

hey rai, long time no see Image

Sadric
Rshugg
Sojourner

Postby Rshugg » Sun Mar 25, 2001 7:37 am

i

[This message has been edited by Rshugg (edited 03-26-2001).]
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sun Mar 25, 2001 10:57 am

Punctuation is good...

Icantreadpoststhatjustrambleonlikethisfor100linesnooffensebutitisjustunreadableandstupid

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”