Help?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Gerad
Sojourner

Help?

Postby Gerad » Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:13 pm

I have once again come to one of the last resources available to me, one which, that when I use it, usually yeilds better results than anywhere else.

Anyway,

I have an IBM 300PL 6862-U7U, and I am using a PCI (not AGP) graphix card, and I need to disable the onboard video.

I assume they think, that I would only use AGP video, which there is a slot for, right next to the onboard video, so I am assuming that it automatically disables the onboard video, if I were to plug in an AGP card.

However, as I stated, I am not using an AGP card, I am using a PCI slot, so I need some other way to disable the onboard video. (I am pretty sure its not disabled, as both it and my PCI card are showing up in the hardware profiles)

I have scoured the motherboard, and the online manuals, and I cannot find a jumper for it, and it doesnt SEEM to be in the bios settings, so do any of you have any advice or know the answer to my dilema?

Thanks to the fellow sojourners,

G

------------------
Auril tells you 'Yes, we're plotting the destruction of all that is holy - and unholy, too. Just to be thorough.'
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Thu Jan 23, 2003 5:19 pm

I would have thought that it would be in the bios. Have you checked for a bios update?

------------------
Rausrh licks you.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:08 pm

There should be an option in the bios as to what type of video you are using, AGP or PCI. Every bios I have seen since the advent of AGP has had that option. It should be near video bios shadow ram. On that page probably.

------------------
Malacar - omg ymir!
Tanji ASSOC:: 'god was blueballed the night before he made Thanuk'
Grumdikanikus
Sojourner

Postby Grumdikanikus » Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:06 pm

Have you tried disabling the On board Video in the Windows Device Manager? Are you getting specific error messages or is it not giving you a picture when you boot up?
Gerad
Sojourner

Postby Gerad » Thu Jan 23, 2003 10:09 pm

Well, I went in and deleted the device for the onboard card, and it seems to be working OK, but I am still unsure... I have issues with some programs not being able to use the card right (neverwinter nights specifically has issues with thinking directdraw isnt installed)

G

------------------
Auril tells you 'Yes, we're plotting the destruction of all that is holy - and unholy, too. Just to be thorough.'
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Fri Jan 24, 2003 12:38 am

leave it installed, just disable it, removing it will cause more problems than you want, once disable you should then be free to install the card and whut not and have no problems

------------------
MoM-D
Originally posted by Baikalisan:
There once was a girl named Pinky
Who liked to flash and get kinky
We gave her some cash
She went down in a flash
And made us all squirm like a slinky!

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”