Some testing info

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Sat Mar 24, 2001 1:04 am

yeah i really dont give a damn about the damage that a proc gives i like it because it looks cool. yeah the damage is nice though.
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Sat Mar 24, 2001 1:05 am

heheh imagine a slender longsword that procc'd bless! or armor! i think taht would be really cool
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Mar 24, 2001 1:43 am

a couple points I'd like addressed (by anyone)...

1) Invokers and Necros got *more* damage spells? o.0 Did necro pets get downgraded or anything? Oh, and are they still generic sorcerer class?

2) Ranger.... control?? OK, I know they're supposed to get nature-oriented spells this time around, but if what I hear is true, I'll be boggling for a long time to come.

3) Mplor said pallies/ap's don't get shield wt. bonus. This confused me; the only way I could make sense of it was to infer that he meant that we didn't wear shields and hence had no bonus. Correct?

4) Holy word upgrade? w00t. Have dispel good and evil been upgraded?

- Mori, who fears news-spawned numerous newbie druid twinks.
Kobei
Sojourner

Postby Kobei » Sat Mar 24, 2001 1:59 am

BARDS!!!!!!!!!...I would love to hear that someone is testing their new WORKING song ....Charm!! Image

...among other things also

Kobei
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Sat Mar 24, 2001 2:11 am

Who are the evil testers from last wipe? Not that it matters since we'll all be testing on Monday but just curious.

think pink.
azz
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Sat Mar 24, 2001 3:59 am

Ahhh Ragorn, but an Elite Mudder would want to have dual proccing weapons...listen to thy own heart young grasshopper Image
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Mar 24, 2001 8:33 am

I think it's every Ranger's fantasy to have dual proccing weapons, why limit that dream to only those who know of and can zone for 5 particular max_str items? :P

Yes, rangers got control weather. No, it still doesn't actually DO anything. Stop boggling, it's a parlor trick :P Like anyone other than Ilshad EVER cast it last wipe :P

- Ragorn
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Sat Mar 24, 2001 7:40 pm

For the record, I was a halfelf last wipe. I was a grey elf on Toril. Ironically, both times I only managed to climb up to level 42 so I can do some decent comparisons when i actually can still remember the specifics clearly.
Tanras
Sojourner

Postby Tanras » Sun Mar 25, 2001 4:57 am

hi,

guess you can count me as an evil tester ive been testing liches. Couple of notes about necros.

To answer the question, necro pets did get downgraded a bit. It will be quite hard for a necro to solo *some* of the things they used to solo and that was the point. They have many new group uses and overall I like the changes.

Necros are still a very powrerful solo class, just not like they used to be.

Tanras

[This message has been edited by Tanras (edited 03-24-2001).]
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Sun Mar 25, 2001 10:38 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moritheil:
<B>3) Mplor said pallies/ap's don't get shield wt. bonus. This confused me; the only way I could make sense of it was to infer that he meant that we didn't wear shields and hence had no bonus. Correct?
</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I could have worded that better. Anyone who bashes will have a significantly improved chance of being successful while wearing a heavy shield than wearing no shield at all. Paladins wield 2handed weapons most of the time, and so do not often enjoy the bonus from wearing a shield. If paladins do wear a shield, they get that bonus, but cannot use their signature 2handed weapons.

Mp
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sun Mar 25, 2001 11:02 am

There are no evil ptesters, strangely (yet predictably?) enough. Guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”