I Got the Job! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

I Got the Job! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:40 pm

I feel like I just won the the lottery!

For those who don't know, I retired from the mud few weeks ago. My unemployment was about to run out. My lease for my apartment was ending. I had no current job. I decided it was time to get my act together and land something.
First glimmer of hope was a ho-hum job at blockbuster, but atleast it was bringing in a paycheck. In the meantime I expected to take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years finding an 'uber' job that would get me out of debt and advance my career. So I retired to dedicate myself to landing a good job with good pay.

I didn't expect it to happen in less then a month. BUT IT DID! On the last day of my lease, today, I went in for a second interview and they offered me the job above 12 other people they had considered for it!

I've even decided to keep working at BB on the weekends for now. Hey, 5 free rentals a week. Why not? That's like $4.10x5 I'll be saving!

I want to thank everyone who supported me and boosted my confidence in myself during this time. You guys, and ladies, have really been there for me! Thanks a TON! =^) Hugs!!

Extra-Special Shmooches to the following people for being especially supportive during this time (even if they didn't realize it):
Turxx, Zarel, Jenera, Bizal, Snoopy (Serrog), Ssirri, Turra, Deshana, Muma, and Ssassy Ssassin!

Luvyaz!

LL
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:46 pm

hell yeah
muma
Sojourner

Postby muma » Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:54 pm

OMG *HUGS* and GRATS Image !!!!!

------------------
Leah A. W.

Gibt es kein Löffel!

<font color="00ff00">Miax</font> <font color="009900">OOC: '</font><font color="990099">Your blood freezes as you hear the rattling death cry of Shevarash.</font><font color="009900">'</font>
TheSsassin
Sojourner

Postby TheSsassin » Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:10 pm

hehehe so fucking w00t llally! Image

now j00 can get *me* a job!
Serogg
Sojourner

Postby Serogg » Fri Jan 31, 2003 10:23 pm

Now you got a job does this mean i get TLC???
Silsaterur
Sojourner

Postby Silsaterur » Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:06 pm

ACK! Keep kickin it, does this mean we get to play some more?

------------------
Adilmir tells you 'are you a Mumavore?'
Muma OOC: 'haha i just stuck my tongue out at the moniter'
Muma OOC: 'and yea i was sticking it out at you EV'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:40 pm

Serogg , you are a slut :P

wtg Llaal Image Hats off to ya girl Image

You know I readily take for granted my *job* ... I have never had money issues, never had credit issues, hell i have never been turned down for any credit i have ever needed.. i can go to a bank and walk away with 40k in my pocket to pay for my car (well that was two years ago wonder what i could do now)

hugs!

Jen

------------------
Ambar -= Beloved Matron =- Crimson Coalition
Keka
Sojourner

congratulations

Postby Keka » Sat Feb 01, 2003 3:14 pm

:P That's wonderful news!!! Congrats 8)

Keka
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sat Feb 01, 2003 3:35 pm

Ambar wrote:Serogg , you are a slut :P

You know I readily take for granted my *job* ... I have never had money issues, never had credit issues, hell i have never been turned down for any credit i have ever needed.. i can go to a bank and walk away with 40k in my pocket to pay for my car (well that was two years ago wonder what i could do now)

hugs!

Jen

------------------

Hrmph. Mind dropping 15K my way so that I can pay off my creditors and then punch them in the face? ;)

6 months without a job can really destroy your credit rating... can't even get a consolidation loan at this point. :(
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
muma
Sojourner

Oh wow

Postby muma » Sat Feb 08, 2003 12:06 am

Ambar wrote:Serogg , you are a slut :P

hugs!

Jen

------------------

hey, is that because um of the military? Jebus. :shock: or do you just have really good credit?
Es gibt keinen Löffel!
Miax OOC: 'Your blood freezes as you hear the rattling death cry of Shevarash.'
Myre
Sojourner

Postby Myre » Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:20 am

hehe I still work for Blockbuster...

Gratz! I hope it's all you want it to be and you do VERY well.

If ye have faith the size of a mustard seed...

Mr. Ho-hum job!

GRatZ
Valke
Sojourner

Postby Valke » Sat Feb 08, 2003 6:17 pm

Hi5, good to hear, and glad to have you back!

I wanna work at blockbuster!

Grp..... Has love to spare....
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:31 am

good credit, good job, husband who makes just about what i do (he doesnt consider my *allowances* pay :P and they put me above him income wise)

my point wasn't to say how much i make or how good my credit is, but to say that i am proud of people who make something of themselves without being handed it like i basically was

i enlisted in the US Navy at age 17 .. have NEVER held another job unless babysitting and a paper route at 12 are considered jobs (babysat off and on til i left home) have never been for a job interview, never filled out a job application ... in 2 years 9 months i am done playing Navy, my pay drops to half (US Navy pension) .... and i am terrified .. what the HELL am i going to do with myself!!! (o yeah i will be counselling kids !!!)
Gurns
Sojourner

Postby Gurns » Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:29 pm

Ambar wrote:in 2 years 9 months i am done playing Navy ... what the HELL am i going to do with myself!!! (o yeah i will be counselling kids !!!)

Mudding!
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:08 pm

Gurns wrote:
Ambar wrote:in 2 years 9 months i am done playing Navy ... what the HELL am i going to do with myself!!! (o yeah i will be counselling kids !!!)

Mudding!

God you are so right ... who am I kidding :P
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Feb 13, 2003 5:06 am

So who's happy with their current job? Who isn't, and why not? What is it that you do that makes it !fun? What would you rather be doing?

-LL
Zellin
Sojourner

Postby Zellin » Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:21 am

God, I hate my job. I work in a call center, doing bill collections for a sub-prime market credit card. Automated dialer work. It's insane, how angry people can get. What would I rather be doing? Writing a novel.

What do I like about my job? The only reason I keep it is because it gives me plenty of time between calls to write. Finished page 410 today. 60 or 70 more to go, and I'm done.........with the first draft.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:15 pm

:wink:
Watchya writing about?
What's your book gonna be called? The Day the Auto-dialer Stood Still?

Zellin is startled by a strange series of beeps originating from his Auto-Dialer unit. Upon closer inspection, it begins to smoke and make strange noises! "Zot! Klatu! Verrata! Nicktoo!"

-LL
Zellin
Sojourner

Postby Zellin » Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:11 am

The book is called Remote Control. The blurb on the back of the book might go something like this:

Starla Andersen, a confessed television addict and daughter of an affluent Hollywood insider, gets everything she wants - cars, jewelry, clothing, even dates with her favorite celebrities. But when her latest obsession, pop star Nick Flame, gives her the cold shoulder, everything falls apart. In New York City, Nick is kidnapped at gunpoint by a woman matching Starla's description. When a homeless aspiring actor, named Andrew Truett, enlisted as Starla's tour guide to life on the street and on the run, begins to vie for Nick's sexually confused attention as well, things go from bad to worse. One month later, Nick turns up dead on the other side of the country, and a media circus springs up to dance on his grave.
So what went wrong?
Despite a mounting pile of evidence against her, Starla is pointing the finger at everyone else - the entertainment industry, the news media, her parents, and even Nick himself! How far can she pass the buck - and just how much control does that little box in the living room have over us?
Remote Control is a darkly comedic novel about America's obsession with celebrity culture and the fear and onanistic backlash of the news media against itself that has risen up from the killing grounds of Columbine. In his debut novel, author Kevin Meyer asks you to throw your television in the trash and curl up with a good book. Try it - you might just thank him later!

"A wildly comedic dark volcanic romp through gut-busting hurricanes of laughter and scatalogical psychological thrills!" - Jack Ass, USA Today

Dick Head, of E! Entertainment News says, "I am a self-absorbed media whore, with no grasp on reality! Riveting!"
Zellin group says 'I'm still here buddy =)'
Zellin has left the group.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”