OMG I'm gonna be sick

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Vigis
Sojourner

OMG I\'m gonna be sick

Postby Vigis » Fri Mar 30, 2001 6:47 am

Go onto Ebay and type in a search for everquest, then click highest prices first. I shit you not, there is a guy selling his account for $1,000,000. There are others (that have actually been bid on in the tens of thousands) Ack!!! It makes me think maybe I should get onto that game, plevel a char up, and make some money off of mudding. Screw the college degree and all that, I will make my living off of mudding. *nod me*

This is in no way a put down to EQ as I have never played there, but I just cannot envision a person paying that much for a char. Specially since I think most of the fun comes from working your way up. Sure it is nice to be an elite, but if you have to pay for it. . . . well its kinda like sex, I guess, if you have to pay for it, why bother?

Just a few thoughts, and just to let everybody know, I am not flaming and if I have insulted or angered anybody, I apologize and want you to know it was unintentional.

Vigis Wolverinefang
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Fri Mar 30, 2001 7:02 am

People set thier price at million dollars to show off their characters... and if they get the million dollars they are happy. Image
Lithel
Sojourner

Postby Lithel » Fri Mar 30, 2001 7:46 pm

Anyone selling for a million or some really outrageous figure is trying to trade accounts. If they actually think they can sell a EQ character for a million bucks theyre on crack :P

Lithel
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Apr 02, 2001 12:09 pm

I saw that earlier - he wanted to avoid actually paying through ebay, and thus save commission. So he told ppl to email him bids.
Jaeron
Sojourner

Postby Jaeron » Mon Apr 02, 2001 12:57 pm

Those bids were made by ebay police.. look at the 3500 dollar one.. "ebpolice" is the guys nick. They're not real bids, just bids made by EBay to stop the sale of unowned and disallowed materials.

------------------
Jaeron -Shadowstalker, Merc for Hire, at your service.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”