Yuan Ti movement

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Ssryth
Sojourner

Yuan Ti movement

Postby Ssryth » Tue Apr 10, 2001 2:15 am

Was wandering around Hyssk (actually running away from aggros) and a thought sprang to my mind... maybe yuanti use up a lot of moves running around in a standing position is because they shouldn't be moving around in an upright position! Sure this is a better fighting position, but for moving... they are best when flat out slithering about... so perhaps when moving around reclined, they should take less moves than when "standing"

What say you? Image

Ssryth
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Tue Apr 10, 2001 4:44 pm

Rofl, great idea. I love it.
Arrtiliss
Sojourner

Postby Arrtiliss » Wed Apr 11, 2001 4:26 am

I definitely love that idea.

I hope it gets implemented :P

movement for yuan-ti is a b*tch. can't even ride anything, or maybe can ride that flying carpet but never tried it.
Rethan
Sojourner

Postby Rethan » Wed Apr 11, 2001 4:35 am

Nevermind Image

[This message has been edited by Rethan (edited 04-11-2001).]
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Apr 11, 2001 8:36 am

This is an awesome idea. Would even help snakes avoid getting bashed straight away by aggros, who would miss because of the reclining position Image

- Ragorn
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Wed Apr 11, 2001 4:43 pm

must...hold...back...reply..

j/k Image
Azz

Oh, yeah, cool idea. and yuans should get snakes to sticks, since another class gets sticks to snakes :P
Vazzgo
Sojourner

Postby Vazzgo » Wed Apr 11, 2001 4:54 pm

Damn you zhark always full of good ideas Image, i hope an imm looks on this post and considers, it's great and make alot of sense.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Wed Apr 11, 2001 5:05 pm

Yeah, it rules. Logical and fun, gives yuans a little toy when comparing themselves to the otherwise totally superior drow.
Galkar
Sojourner

Postby Galkar » Wed Apr 11, 2001 5:33 pm

Definitely an awesome idea... also, what about snake reflexes... not sure if this has been covered already, or already implemented, but a bonus to agility maybe? Snakes are real quick and strike fast... just a random thought
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Wed Apr 11, 2001 5:42 pm

According to the helpfiles they are "of genius intelligence" and "lightning fast", yet drow mem faster and get better agi/dex Image

Cherzra the snake symphatizer, promoter of the anti-drow movement *wink jegzed* Image
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Apr 11, 2001 7:34 pm

Hey Cherzra,

Yuan-ti have the exact same starting stats as half-elves.

Enjoy.

- Ragorn
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Thu Apr 12, 2001 6:22 am

Help drow says drow 'trail humans in strength and con, but are slightly better in all other areas' or something like that. Help yuan says yuan 'are lightning fast and of genius intelligence'. It saddens me that despite these praising words, snakes actually suck compared to drow, even in the int and agi/dex department. Either the help files need to be changed, drow need to be downed, or snakes need to be upped... drow get all the glory now.

My 2 cents have a nice day.
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Thu Apr 12, 2001 11:38 am

In total agreement here. The only reason why people play this race was its a lot of fun, but at the same time very outclassed, drow have far better mem times, better dex/agi I believe, can wear more slots, have innates as nice, and a much easier HT....think its time snakes get something, or drow lose some braincells Image.
Snakeloving Ranger,
Belle
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Thu Apr 12, 2001 3:33 pm

You guys all seem to be forgetting one thing: Drow are blind in daylight. Now that's not only annoying at times, as I found out last night doing Jot Grid, it can be extremely dangerous for the group, and yourself. I'll admit Yuan do seem to be a *bit* underpowered, but their innates are significantly better than a drow's. I wouldnt mind having innate barkskin, would you? However, downgrading drow intelligence is hardly the answer to try and balance out the races. After all, if drow intelligence goes down, I think it would only be proper to bring the Greys down with them. Image

-Tre'Verien
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Fri Apr 13, 2001 12:10 pm

"but their innates are significantly better than a drow's. I wouldnt mind having innate barkskin, would you?"

Better? most snakes last time played casters..casters rarely wore any ac, never got ac spells (after the first 20 levels exping anyway), they wore hp/ss/int gear. How is 10 extra ac a significantly better innate? Image If anything drow have better innates..The day vision seems to be the only thing a snakes got going for it Image

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”