Atlanta Party: July 2001

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Wed Feb 21, 2001 9:55 pm

Yea, I definately would be interested in coming. I will be coming from California also, so airport shnazz. Image
Mikar
Sojourner

Postby Mikar » Thu Feb 22, 2001 12:59 am

God knows what my work schedule will look like then, but what the hell. . .

Count me in Image

-Mikar
Essete
Sojourner

Postby Essete » Thu Feb 22, 2001 11:29 pm

I'm interested. Maybe all of us California ppl could meet somewhere and caravan out there, if anyone's interested.

Patrick/tuff_gnarl@angelfire.com
mogurk
Sojourner

Postby mogurk » Sat Feb 24, 2001 12:10 am

well count the ogre in.
hey Bregar maybe we can hook up and travel up there by the way i'll be trying to talk kobei into going too hehe
mogurk
Sojourner

Postby mogurk » Sat Feb 24, 2001 12:11 am

ok name mogurk
alt email also mogurk1@netzero.net
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Thu Apr 19, 2001 9:50 am

Okay folks time to get those calendars out…

The Party will be from August 31- Sept 3, this is the same time that DRAGONCON is going on.

DragonCon gets about 20,000 gamers each year, so I urge you to attend if you have never been to a CON before.

I am not sure what sort of festivities will take place, but I will be getting a room dedicated to Sojourn Players with a theme of course (No don't be to scared, there will be no blood, meat hooks, or anything like that….mmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)

I am not sure how many people I will be able to put up, but I will try my best to try and make room for those I have played years with….Arrangements can be made to pick you up at the air-port…you will just need to send all flight plans to me at Ilshadrial@hotmail.com

Of course since I drive a Z3 (2 seats) I might just be riding marta back and forth making sure you guys get where you need to go. Or we can steal Drevarr's new van Image

I would like to know what sort of things you guys/gals would be interested in doing together as a group. I know Fayren had parties during Mari Gras in New Orleans, which in itself is pure enterainment….

I am sure we can hit some clubs about Atlanta, if you have never been to a true S&M bar we can hit the Chamber and for you Raver/Xer types there are several clubs available…

Also, if you plan on drinking and you are not 21, you better have an awesome fake ID or you might not make it home and getting into a bar will be pure hell

It is also best to go ahead and pre-register for DragonCon…. You can do so at www.dragoncon.com

Our discounted rates per night for both the Marriott and the Hyatt for 2001 are:

Single: $137
Double: $137
Triple: $147
Quad: $157
All suites are available at a 30% discount from "rack rate"

Note: The Hyatt is now reporting only scattered nights available during Dragon*Con with our discount; full 3- or 4-night bookings have sold out. Our discounted room-block may be increased later; meanwhile, the Marriott still has rooms available and so do our "overflow" hotels.

Valet parking at the Hyatt is currently $17/day. Parking decks around the hotels are $5 - $7/day, but generally don't allow in-and-out privileges. Both hotels are convenient to MARTA's Peachtree Center station, and both can be reached from the station via indoor walkways.

Please note: For the Hyatt, you must use our new Corporate Indentification Code: g-comc, to receive the above discount rates while reserving your room on-line. The Hyatt phone number is 404-577-1234.

The Marriott Marquis' direct phone number for reservations is 770-858-1813 (7:30am-11pm). (Unfortunately, according to Marriott, online booking at our discount rates is not available.)

Be sure to mention you are with Dragon*Con when you call any of our hotels. If you don't, you may be quoted a higher rate or be told the hotel is sold out.

Overflow Hotels

Days Inn Atlanta, $114/night single - quad; Parking is $10/night. Call (404) 523-1144.
Holiday Inn Atlanta, $105/night single - quad; Parking is $15/night. Call (404) 524-5555.

Remeber contact me at ilshadrial@hotmail.com
if you have any questions.
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Thu Apr 19, 2001 10:20 am

Wohoo!
Jaeron
Sojourner

Postby Jaeron » Thu Apr 19, 2001 11:43 am

Hey Silv/Agreiver.. I'm down to drive if you guys want to. We can take turns.

The DragonCon sounds like a good idea. I don't drink, or hang in bars, so I'd be kinda stuck otherwise. Image But, I WILL be checking out the local skate parks there in Atlanta.

------------------
Jaeron -Shadowstalker, Merc for Hire, at your service.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Apr 19, 2001 11:46 am

Anyone live up near MAssachusetts, or on the way from, that wants to hook up and carpool down? I don't mind driving, though my backseat will definitely be cramped(camaro backseats aren't even good for making out.. sigh).

Lemme know.

------------------
Mal

PS - As always, opinions contained are my own, and are not intended to offend or upset anyone, but are merely outspoken thoughts from myself. If you have issues with them, bring em up, but keep flaming to emails.
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Fri Apr 20, 2001 12:17 pm

An Egroup has been set-up to allow people who are interested in comming to the party to talk freely and make arrangements with one another to come to Atlanta.

I think this might be the best way to set up car pools/roommates/ect...

You can join at:

Group name
Soj3_Atlanta_Party
Group home page
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Soj3_Atlanta_Party

Group email
Soj3_Atlanta_Party@yahoogroups.com

[This message has been edited by Ilshadrial (edited 04-20-2001).]

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”