A world ruled by grey elves

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Glorishan
Sojourner

A world ruled by grey elves

Postby Glorishan » Thu Feb 15, 2001 9:50 pm

As some of you well know, Evermeet was quite the dull place. All too often, should a newbie happen to roll a grey elf, they would not last long. This drove away a great deal of potential long-term mudders. Any favorable updates to my personal favorite area of the MUD?

Glorishan
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Thu Feb 15, 2001 9:54 pm

I forget...is there a warning for grey elves like there is for evil races when you roll a new char? If not, perhaps there should be a message so that the newbies glorishan mentions would roll a WD character instead.
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Thu Feb 15, 2001 10:12 pm

Nope, no warning for grey elves. However, I believe all of the other races (ie: human) should be given a warning while rolling saying they will be deprived of that wonderful city of Leuthilspar.

Glorishan
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri Feb 16, 2001 12:09 am

Glor, have you considered writing a zone for EM? Image

*duck*
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Fri Feb 16, 2001 12:30 am

Zones by Glorishan = not great. Never done them, nor do I have the creativitiy it requires. I'd be more than happy to make a return to EM and help out some newbies by answering questions and such, but that task would be oh so much more fun with a new exciting way to die. *wink wink*

Glorishan
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Fri Feb 16, 2001 12:32 am

Pip! *cackle* Go find me a white dragon! *duck*flee*

Yas
Frensolith
Sojourner

Postby Frensolith » Fri Feb 16, 2001 5:51 am

Oh there are plenty of ways to die!, I'll make sure I point em out to everyone *cackle* Image

Frensolith, Elven Warrior
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Fri Feb 16, 2001 7:33 am

Evermeet rules, and I'd gladly write a zone for it! In fact, I already started ! Something to compliment the Faerie Forest ... but not gonna give anything away in case I actually finish it and something comes of it !
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Fri Feb 16, 2001 12:21 pm

ERR Glorishan? Hello!? Weiner! Where've you been? Damn good to see you. You too Yasden! sheet. I'm getting awl sentimental now. Glorishan abusing me for looking for Khoral all the time, and me n Yasden finishing off 4 or 5 giants in gatehouse with our icicle cloaks! Oh, the good old days. Hope you guys are well =)

Evermeet: yeah its awfull, don't go to evermeet. stay away. its horrible.. .. um, yeah thats the ticket!

Lost
Tempus
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Tempus » Fri Feb 16, 2001 7:38 pm

I'm with Shevie, some dedicated Grey Elf needs to step up to the plate and do an EM zone. All wankers are currently busy, so it will have to come from someone new. When you are ready to answer the call of duty, email Cyric. If you need someone to guilt/armtwist/defraud/deceive you into doing it, email me.

Temputz
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Fri Feb 16, 2001 8:54 pm

Holy crap, one day back and I get about 2000 emails, leave me alone! Yes, I still exist. I just haven't been playing all of those other games in which you've all found so much enjoyment. And yes, I'll very likely come back to Soj3, at least for a little while to check things out.

Good to hear from you all, Waelos yer a putz, Yasden _\|/_ Spank Magnet of the Rising Sun _\|/_, glad you haven't lost your creative touch. Pip is every bit as funny today as it was a year ago :P

Glorishan
therdan
Sojourner

Postby therdan » Fri Feb 16, 2001 9:47 pm

The only good thing that came from there was the food and wine!
Ionari
Sojourner

Postby Ionari » Fri Apr 06, 2001 6:03 pm

There is nothing wrong with Leuthilspar being your hometown. I remember when grey elven folk flourished there.

I believe that Waterdeep is too benign a city. Too many lazy people have chosen it for their residence. WD is located pretty strategically for a good portion of the goodie realm, true.

It in itself is a cesspool of lethargy and dispair. Spice it up! Make some aggro mobs there. Have those animals in the forest assist each other. Herds should pack together to protect their clan. Make the gates !pick.

Bring life back to Evermeet and the beautiful city of Leuthilspar. My first charater here was a Grey Elf and I fell in love with Toril because of the land's splendor and its denizen's attitudes.

~Io
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sat Apr 07, 2001 11:48 pm

Hrm, writing a zone for soj... sounds like something I could probably accomplish given my extensive work for other places. Perhaps with some prodding, and a little helpful insight into what's really needed, I could get to work.

Btw, my first char was a Grey Elf Ranger, and I know EM probably as well as Glor... specially since we are da best of friends.

Elves forever suckers.

Tasan/Tyl/Finlaria(Celinon)/Shemerilith

P.S.
Anyone seen Fenroria? Image

------------------
I am Jack's complete lack of effort.
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Sun Apr 08, 2001 12:14 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ionari:
Spice it up! Make some aggro mobs there. Have those animals in the forest assist each other. Herds should pack together to protect their clan. </font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol. So fighting in the park becomes something like this?:

< 37h/37H 15v/114V >
< T: Izarek TC: excellent E: rabbit EC: nasty wounds>

You gasp in pain from a furry, white rabbit's awesome bite!
You miss a furry, white rabbit with your pierce.

< 21h/37H 15v/114V >

A furry, white rabbit frolics in from the north.

gsay sh!t...a rabbit just walked in

< 21h/37H 15v/114V >
< T: Izarek TC: few wounds E: rabbit EC: nasty wounds>

A furry, white rabbit yells, 'To battle one of us is to battle us all!'
You gasp in pain from a furry, white rabbit's awesome bite!

< 12h/37H 15v/114V >

You group-say, 'sh!t...a rabbit just walked in'

< 12h/37H 15v/114V >
< T: Izarek TC: pretty hurt E: rabbit EC: nasty wounds>

A furry, white rabbit misses its nibble on your bum.
YIKES! Another hit like that, and you've had it!!
You miss a furry, white rabbit with your pierce.

< 6h/37H 15v/114V >
< T: Izarek TC: awful E: rabbit EC: nasty wounds>

A furry, white rabbit misses its nibble on your bum.
A furry, white rabbit half kills you with his mighty bite!
You are mortally wounded, and will die soon, if not aided.

Izzy

[This message has been edited by izarek (edited 04-07-2001).]
Azralek Silvermist
Sojourner

Postby Azralek Silvermist » Sun Apr 08, 2001 12:48 am

Rumor has it that the elves thre fenroria in the deepest dungeon on the island fro crimes commited agains the elven citizens
oh yeah and a charge of vagrancy.

no word on expected parole.

Az

Ps. I would write a zone heh xcept i know it would never be finsihsed
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Mon Apr 09, 2001 9:25 am

I was a grey elf ... damn YEARS ago ..

I remember my first impressions of WD .. OMG the SPAM!!!!!

I went evil (Troll) for a while and discovered the splendors of evil hometowns, the colrs, sigghts and ..(insert some imagination here) colors..

I have chosen to go evil on soj3 for a variety of reasons .... but I did roll an elf for old times sake ....

compared to Gloomhaven and DK .. Evermeet is BORING!!! It does need some revamping....

I have started a *newbie* zone that will go below Leuthilspar castle ... it will be colorful and have new sights and *sounds* ... I will submit as soon as I am done (will dikuedit transfer to Sojourn??)

-my 2 cents worth ...

-Shalia/Kari/Elian
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Mon Apr 09, 2001 11:53 am

Stinking Grey elves!

"the real" Az
Rethan
Sojourner

Postby Rethan » Mon Apr 09, 2001 6:52 pm

Geeesh! Well it's nice to see some old names again...Glor...Yasden..Waelos Image

Rethan
Thorlin
Sojourner

Postby Thorlin » Mon Apr 23, 2001 1:52 am

I kinda like that there aren't many grey elves.. it sorta adds to the mystique and rarism of elves. If EM was like waterdeep and you did a who with the majority being elves, well.. i can't think of anything descriptive but i wouldn't like it much Image im not saying the place should suck, but it should be hard to be an elf!..and i'd love to write a zone but i dont' know who to talk to to do it.

Thorlin
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Mon Apr 23, 2001 6:50 am

Ahh, good old EM... I remember the very first time that I set my eyes on waterdeep... of course it wasn't as a level 20 elf, because I cheated and made an assassin. I must say that I like how EM is secluded... it gives us elves a place where we belong!

Anyway I'm trying to write a zone for EM, but I'm running into the problem of all the rooms being basically the same type (forest, plain, beach), and I'm having trouble coming up with room descriptions. Anyone have any ideas?

I have the base theme of the zone down, just looking to see if anyone can give me a way to come up with room descriptions short of building a random word generator.

Let's make EM into a wonderful place to live and play!

-Silly
Nilan
Sojourner

Postby Nilan » Mon Apr 23, 2001 8:32 am

Surface Elven Scum *spit*

pray that you stay on that exiled island of yours where you belong. I have little love for your homeland and even less love for your pathetic faerie ways.

Remember this, that should you leave that floating slab of rock, you then enter my domain. I am not content to cower in a dark hole as your mythical legends seem to say. On the contrary, I shall bring my brand of underdark justice to your very doorstep, should it come to that. Your butchery shall not go unpunished. Mine is a path of vengeance, and i shall have it.

The shadows are mine to control, so beware faerie elfs of Evermeet. Your wrongs upon mine and my house shall not be forgotten.

Prepare yourselves.....

*grins and twirls a poisoned dagger*

Nilan

-Assassin-
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Mon Apr 23, 2001 1:23 pm

I think elves should stay on EM til lvl 41. Get supplies form Waterdeep and nick off back home again.

Oh I'm sorry did I disrupt your whining?

*chuckle*

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”