good/evil trading

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
cherzra
Sojourner

good/evil trading

Postby cherzra » Tue Apr 17, 2001 7:33 pm

I was wondering what the rules on this were now... I know it is to be 'allowed' when the mud opens, but to what extent?

Can I just swap stuff freely between my goodie and my evil without any worry for punishment/scrutiny/whatever?

Can I swap eq only for my own char, that is in reasonable amounts, or can I swap 100 of the same item if I wanted to, to blatantly sell it to people on the other side?

Can I swap quest items?

I think it might be nice to have these things outlined before or soon after the mud really opens.

Cherzra.
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Tue Apr 17, 2001 7:38 pm

Good question.
From everything I've seen it's a fre for all.
It certainly gets rid of the admining it issue.
I figure if a piece of eq starts gravitating more than the gods want, they're race/class restrict it.
I think that happened with the pink veil.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Tue Apr 17, 2001 8:32 pm

I've heard about a set of guidelines that will be published soon. Not to fear, they haven't forgotten this.

------------------
Mal

PS - As always, opinions contained are my own, and are not intended to offend or upset anyone, but are merely outspoken thoughts from myself. If you have issues with them, bring em up, but keep flaming to emails.
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Mon Apr 23, 2001 2:57 pm

I'm in the opinion that evils and goodies shoud be able to trade freely. If an item is not to be traded freely make it evil race or good race only. Twinking stuff with your troll to wear on your goodie is fine with me. Selling a shitload of pol bone stuff to use cash rich goodies is all good too. Now if your constantly twinking the shield and never letting your evil buddies to get one to use for themselves well... Your prob a selfish goose and no one likes you anyway.

We all make our money where we can and try to get the eq we need to lvl faster. Players will always try and bend/break the rules to get what they want so we may as well have those silly rules removed to let the play of the game flow and not be restricted for silly reasons.

If a troll cant trade with a goodie we may as well turn pkill and make it realistic.. I dont want pkill I just want free trade!!

Jasix Prowlingwolf The Merchant of Griffons Nest
Faerwynd
Sojourner

Postby Faerwynd » Mon Apr 23, 2001 4:04 pm

They can add !evil_race or !good_race flags to eq now for what they want to keep evil/good only. I'm sure this is to allow good/evil trade to go on unchecked.

Any code to keep the admin-gods out of "police" mode is a good idea.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”