trophy

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
vynigumba
Sojourner

trophy

Postby vynigumba » Tue Apr 24, 2001 12:42 pm

Well...
I am not sure if I have a clear idea of trophy does.
That what I believe: as soon as you get lvl 10(?) if you keep killing the same mob over and over the gained experience decreases. (Anybody knows how long is this trophy?)
This is pretty good but still makes people just switch to another mob just few room away. Waterdeep will be still overpopulated, Baldurs Gate will be roamed with 2 or 3 groups killing the same 4 or 5 mobs, and places like Scornubel, Bloodstone, T(?) Forest, Calimport, and so on will be deserted.
Bottom line: there are players that get relocate before learning how to walk from WD to CP. I dont think this is good.

My idea is to base trophy on zone instead of mob. (or maybe both)

Any opinion?
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Tue Apr 24, 2001 1:29 pm

I can be found in CP almost every boot... and BS watchers rule.. nuff said. On one hand it's a shame people never leave WD/BG/tower/wizzies, on the other hand I'm glad, because my hang spots don't get too crowded Image

Making trophy zone based sounds good, but is it really feasible? Let's say from 30+ I do wizzies, BS, settlement, tower and DK for xp. That's 6 zones, and there are not that many left to go. If trophy remains set at 25 (or whatever) everyone will be trophied on everything, simply because good xp zones are rare...
Jegzed
Sojourner

Postby Jegzed » Tue Apr 24, 2001 1:50 pm

My favorite exp zones are almost always empty.

/Jegzed, Kill a Bugbear for Mommy!
Joth
Sojourner

Postby Joth » Tue Apr 24, 2001 6:57 pm

I thought trophy was zoned based. Maybe an Imm can explore more.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”