Downgrades from last iteration

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Ruhr
Sojourner

Downgrades from last iteration

Postby Ruhr » Tue Jan 30, 2001 6:42 pm

Miax (et all):

First of all, welcome to the Commonwealth, Kris. I'm right down the road from you. Drop me an email if you'd care to have a beer some time (Old Town has great bars).

Anyhow, here's the laundry list.

Based on the website, you've instituted many changes (code and otherwise) since Sojourn2 was closed. My question is this: Are the S2 downgrades still in effect (aside from the group limit restrictions)?

Specficially:

(1) the elimination of haste items;

(2) the removal of the monk class;

(3) lowered stats on most weapons; and

(4) disabled quests (greycloak hills, elven blur sword quest, etc).

Thanks.
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Tue Jan 30, 2001 6:53 pm

ahem! union street pub and the virginia beverage company. God I miss Bertucci's.

Azz
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Jan 30, 2001 9:44 pm

Other than the Monk question, these are all area questions, so I'll leave it to someone else to answer.

Monks, however, are still history. We just dont' feel they fit in our gameworld. There are several other fighter classes to choose from, and Invokers have taken their place as a pure damage class.

-- Shevy
Eilorn
Sojourner

Postby Eilorn » Wed Jan 31, 2001 4:04 am

How about Mercs? Any chance of bringing them back? I had a merc many years ago and enjoyed playing him(Knute, Barbarian).
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Wed Jan 31, 2001 8:49 am

Mercenaries were nice, they weren't overpowered in any way they were just a nice blend of thief/warrior skills (with a lower cap on them).

Not 100% necessary class for groups, just something nice to play. I think they would be a welcome addition to the game since they don't take anyone's place, and aren't overpowered. Just a nice extra :)

Cherzra

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”