Your Character and Yourself

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Vigis
Sojourner

Your Character and Yourself

Postby Vigis » Mon Mar 26, 2001 4:57 am

I am interested in finding out how people relate to their characters.

In last incarnation of Sojourn, I played a Barbarian Warrior, weighed 318 pounds, stood 82 inches tall, and would run into any fight.

IRL, I stand 5' 7" and weigh about 120 pounds. Am 22 and learned about 2 years ago that some fights I just can't win. I.E. when I decided I could take two guys at once. (They only conned as easy, but they were aggro Image ) Anyhow, what relation do you see in your char compared to yourself?
Sovek
Sojourner

Postby Sovek » Mon Mar 26, 2001 5:42 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vigis:
<B>I am interested in finding out how people relate to their characters.

In last incarnation of Sojourn, I played a Barbarian Warrior, weighed 318 pounds, stood 82 inches tall, and would run into any fight.

IRL, I stand 5' 7" and weigh about 120 pounds. Am 22 and learned about 2 years ago that some fights I just can't win. I.E. when I decided I could take two guys at once. (They only conned as easy, but they were aggro Image ) Anyhow, what relation do you see in your char compared to yourself?

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
{EDIT}- I actually love to play a barbarian character in RPG games Image either that or a fighter.
Heh do I ever know the "I can take them both at once" feeling Image So far I've been succsesful...I know that im going to be taken down sooner or later:P and im 19 too...heh thats the great thing about Canada, you only have to be 19 to drink.

[This message has been edited by Sovek (edited 03-26-2001).]
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Mon Mar 26, 2001 5:46 am

I'm 78-79 inches tall and weigh about 300 lbs. I played a barbarian, by coincidence. Image but, I think they and I are pretty damn close.... Image
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Mar 26, 2001 9:16 am

My character's appearance was completely bland and uninspiring, by choice. His personality was a combination of some of my personality aspects and traits I wish I had.

I'm 6'2" 190 lbs in real life, with short dark hair and hazel eyes. Ragorn was like 5'7" 125 lbs with long light brown hair and green eyes. Oh, and pointy ears, mustn't forget the ears.

- Ragorn
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Mar 26, 2001 10:41 am

I can make the most gruesome facial expressions you've ever seen. Dislocating your jaw at will with one side only half filled with molars because of an accident works wonders in the dimness of bars and dark alleys! Works great at parties! Get yours today!

Cherzra the REAL troll
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Mon Mar 26, 2001 11:01 am

In real life, I am a 6'4 240 pound ninja navy seal badass who has only supermodel lovers, spent 2 years in jail cuz I killed someone with my pinkie, get in barfights every night and can hack the pentagon just like everyone else who muds (except for ragorn who is just 2 inches too short and only has the occasional supermodel lover. oh yeah, and HE was in jail for licking someone to death.)! I gravitated to the ranger because, well, they didn't really have a class that fit with my real life persona. I wanted to know what it would be like to be puny and unskilled.

Did I tell you my best friend is a special forces pilot and he can drop bombs on your house?

I am related to Bill Gates. Wanna dolla?

Don Juan and Ron Jeremy both feel inferior to me.

I run faster than Mike Johnson.

Didn't you see me win the power lifting event at the olympics?

I'll be releasing a movie, a best selling book, a platinum album and a theme park in just a few months!

Finally, I will be ordaned as the next Pope.

Yay, aren't I swell?

Way. Lost.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Mon Mar 26, 2001 12:23 pm

Hm.. I play an elf.. And I'm 6'2" and 330lbs.

Fear my fat buttocks of doom!

Mal
Rshugg
Sojourner

Postby Rshugg » Mon Mar 26, 2001 12:33 pm

ive played many chars over the years the 3 i can really relate to is rshugg (troll pimpdaddy warrior), kithar (masterful human assassin), and bruntar (drunken dwarf warrior).
rshugg i relate to with my looks and my overall charm i'm deffently not one of the better looking people but my super ego and cockyness makes up for it.

kithar just your average backstabing person with no real morals or values almost fits me perfect.

bruntar well i have a beard, i love to drink, and would rathier get my ass kicked by 20 people then to back down (although i think i could easyily take 20)

[This message has been edited by Rshugg (edited 03-26-2001).]
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Mar 26, 2001 12:43 pm

Ron Jeremy rules! Fat, Hairy and Ugly, aka 'the human porcupine' - but he gets more XXX than everyone else!
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Mon Mar 26, 2001 2:45 pm

LoL im 6'4 290 and compared to most of my friends who are little *eye* Braggo I feel like an ogre sometimes. So its no small coincidence that i played an ogre. Although when i rolled that character i was at about 240 pounds wich is damn good for a 6'4 man. So i dont really know why i rolled an ogre? got bored ? i dunno?
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Mon Mar 26, 2001 3:04 pm

Rofl yeah, go check out Brugg's picture on the dix.dubna.ru website, he looks mean Image
Zarkais
Sojourner

Postby Zarkais » Mon Mar 26, 2001 3:06 pm

ROFL,
Zarkais
Sojourner

Postby Zarkais » Mon Mar 26, 2001 3:08 pm

ROFL,

If you go look at the Toril Pics sites, all the guys who play trolls and ogres are big guys, I always played a troll warrior and im like 6'1'' 285 and have that no neck-trollish thing goin on. :P

Golrog Eat Dung
Zuurn Shatter Skull
Sojourner

Postby Zuurn Shatter Skull » Mon Mar 26, 2001 3:57 pm

Hey, I play a troll and I'm 5'7" and 130lbs. Who says all trolls are big irl. Image

------------------
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Zuurn Shatter Skull (Troll)(RP) stands here.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Mon Mar 26, 2001 8:23 pm

5'9" 140 lbs (on a good day). I'm a skinny shit who gets beer muscles (fear me when I have a bottle in my hand and rage in my eyes!).

Now selias was like 5'5" and 105 or something like that, so needless to say, I felt big when I was sitting at dinner with him one night. We all do that right? Go to dinner w/our alter egos?

I tried to RP sel as a smartass, but I don't know how successful I was. I'll figure something out this time around.

Sel
Tinnel
Sojourner

Postby Tinnel » Mon Mar 26, 2001 9:29 pm

What I play doesn't really reflect me. My RL personality shines right through anything I play. I'm 6' 180 lbs, cranky as hell Marine Corps Sgt. I hate, hate, hate when things don't go my way. And I hate even more when people find it necessary to remind me of things I already know. Ask anyone who has zoned with me on Bast, they'll tell ya. I play a char to play the best at that class. I can definitely second the fact that Cherzra is the most volatile person I MUD with, but dam he's fun and dam he knows his job. What else counts? :P Now get Azzixxenae to answer why he plays a drow and a squid :P He's huge.

T
Braggo
Sojourner

Postby Braggo » Mon Mar 26, 2001 9:35 pm

well I'm 5'10 220 and brugg calls me little...maybe to him but not to anyone else around Image I guess I feel like an ogre sometimes too Image

------------------
Braggo Boulderbasher
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Tue Mar 27, 2001 12:51 am

I'd have to say there is a lot of my real life personality in Jasix. Although i am only about 5'9" and Jasix was about 6'8". I have long hair but Jasix' hair is all the way down to his waist. Both Jasix and me have three tattoos. Both find it hard to find real love but when we do we take it very seriously. Both are very untrusting, do not accept friends easily but when we do they are usually friends for life. Loyalty is very important even to the point of stupidity, pride screws us both up way too often. Jasix was frequently turned away from a zone groups because of his beliefs and outspoken behaviour for fairness.

IRL the barbarian only comes out to hunt when i am drunk :P

http://www.greatlakesonline.com.au/jasix/headwound.html

Jasix after a fight or me irl......

------------------
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Protector of Clan Prowlingwolf
Cazin
Sojourner

Postby Cazin » Tue Mar 27, 2001 1:00 am

My sorc cazin was a human sorc, a lightweight just like me!

i wasn't that addicted to my character so don't remember what he weighs :P or even his height.

but im 5'7 105.4 lbs! 16 years old sophomore
i the varsity 103pounder for this highschool in ct, got 6th in states and all conference!

just like cazin got all nukeage award on sojourn!
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Tue Mar 27, 2001 2:06 pm

Cazin,
you a wreslter and playing a sorc? I just don't get it :P I wrestled back in high school and for the first year and a half of college. In high school, I took 6th in state in Washington, and 2nd in state in Montana twice. My senior year I was undefeated until the finals match. Freshman year at college I was one match away from all-american.
Then I blew my knee out and had to hang up the singlet. Oh well at least now I can spend weekends mudding rather than in tournaments.
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Mar 27, 2001 2:20 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vigis:
<B>

That's funny... I remember you trying to run _away_ from a certain ice bear that some ranger led back to your group. *whistles innocently.* Though it explains why you get me killed so much... running into any fight as long as Sarvis is along to get squished. Image

Hrm... I play a ranger almost always, yet I'm a computer programmer who is only outside on the way to and from work. So I probably don't compare to my character at all... heh. Cept personality... I basically am the same dumbass mudding or irl. But my ranger has more of the traits I'd like to have irl... like swords. Image

(Actually I prefer fireballs or rocket launchers... but swords are nice too.)

Sarvis
Mamoru
Sojourner

Postby Mamoru » Wed Mar 28, 2001 4:35 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ragorn:
<B>My character's appearance was completely bland and uninspiring, by choice. His personality was a combination of some of my personality aspects and traits I wish I had.

I'm 6'2" 190 lbs in real life, with short dark hair and hazel eyes. Ragorn was like 5'7" 125 lbs with long light brown hair and green eyes. Oh, and pointy ears, mustn't forget the ears.

- Ragorn</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just curious, was this the gay ranger? Image
Mamoru
Sojourner

Postby Mamoru » Wed Mar 28, 2001 4:45 am

<B>I am interested in finding out how people relate to their characters.

Mamoru was a strikingly handsome and sexy Grey Elf so phyisically we're so very similar (cackle).

Personality-wise we're both curious explorers who get lost a lot and die even more. Sucks to be me.
Vylel
Sojourner

Postby Vylel » Wed Mar 28, 2001 5:08 am

You know, I think I compare to my assassin, Vylel, (my only character) in about the same way most RPers compare to their characters... half is me, and half is complete fantasy.
Vylel is 6'1" and weighs about 215 lbs. Wonderfully graceful, strong and agile, extremely intelligent, perceptive and witty, has excellent muscle tone, is charming and handsome, mysterious and unique, has powerful allies... and can actually hold his own in a fight as a frontman... yeah, that half is me...
on the other hand, he's lazy and unmotivated... arrogant and self-centered, weak willed, full of contempt, jealous, and hateful... He's sarcastic and obnoxious, he's a lieing, manitpulative, bull$#!ting con man... and I possess none of those traits...
So you see, like I said, half of my character is me, and half, well, half isn't...

Vylel/Vyln

[Vyln was Vylel's very first name before I had to change it mid-way for reasons I still don't know... (never asked)]
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Wed Mar 28, 2001 6:08 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mamoru:
<B> Mamoru was a strikingly handsome and sexy Grey Elf so phyisically we're so very similar (cackle).

Personality-wise we're both curious explorers who get lost a lot and die even more. Sucks to be me.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFL, Mams .. remember i KNOW u :P

-Jenny
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Mar 29, 2001 4:16 pm

Moritheil looks at you from behind touseled and unkempt hair. The sky is dark, the wind is hard, and the night is cold, but not as cold as his eyes. "You think you know yourself?" he asks.
Thorlin
Sojourner

Postby Thorlin » Fri Jun 22, 2001 5:52 pm

I always enjoyed playing my characters as underdogs. Most of the characters I've run into, and a lot of descriptions in the forums, mention either mostly or only high points.. handsome, fast, etc.. I always enjoyed pointing out a specific weakness with my characters. Thorlin was overly reckless, which, as a druid..was probably not a great idea, but since he rolled with evil's was cool.. I donno, I always found it more fun to find a weak spot and overcome..rather than starting a badass.. Probably comes from playing with too many powergamers in tabletop rpg's who would miraculously roll straight 18's :P *end rant*

Just a thought Image

Thor
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Fri Jun 22, 2001 6:06 pm

I was a 5'8 160lb female human invoker by the name of Jenera for almost 2 years and she was by far the character i enjoyed most.
I had played hybrids before
My first characters portrayed my rl personality
Afraid, shy, and very quiet
Jenera portrays the personality I wish I had and am only brave enough to show parts of it on sojourn.
I wish I could be funny, flirty, crude, and relaxed in rl like I am as Jenera.

I used my own physical traits to describe Jenera
Shoulder-length wavy black hair, brown eyes and creamy skin with big red cheeks Image
Im a little heavy and will be going to the gym as soon as my kidneys stop hurting ><
Cohilrist
Sojourner

Postby Cohilrist » Fri Jun 22, 2001 11:29 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cherzra:
<B>I can make the most gruesome facial expressions you've ever seen. Dislocating your jaw at will with one side only half filled with molars because of an accident works wonders in the dimness of bars and dark alleys! Works great at parties! Get yours today!

Cherzra the REAL troll</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had 1 beer left and I just lost 10% of it onto my monitor
Zhadrak/Dharag
Sojourner

Postby Zhadrak/Dharag » Fri Jun 22, 2001 11:41 pm

Im 6,2 and weight 200 pounds or so.. not sure if this is correct altough. im swedish and we dont use the same kinds of measurements...
swedish 182 cm tall and 92 kg, and damn proud of it Image altough i play a drow assassin at the moment so if we go by physical aperament i cant really relate.. the character i can most relate to is Dharag Stonehammer. my dwarf that always carried his homemade ale with him.. yummie Image
I just got back from a party so if my spelling seems a little bit of it has it reasons.. Honk honk!

/Zorzak the Drow rogue
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Jun 23, 2001 2:57 am

Well, Yayaril weighs 210 pounds and is 6'0". I weigh 240 pounds and am 6'4". Yayaril steals gold and platinum, I steal cookies and pizza. Yayaril drinks unholy water, I drink Mountain Dew. Yayaril never sleeps, I never sleep. Yayaril backstabs podlings, I backstab podlings..

Yayaril
Cerlayne
Sojourner

Postby Cerlayne » Sat Jun 23, 2001 10:57 pm

hrmmm.. if you look at cerly the character descrip is me.. so it was pretty easy to write.. grin... altho my hair isn't often up in braids anymore... and the two scars are a result of my wonderful experience with melanoma.. psssttt the sun is not your friend.... elf warrior is just me.. small but kicks ass... hehehe
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Sun Jun 24, 2001 9:13 am

Grungar stands all of 48" off the ground. I got him beat by 26". That's right, I'm 6'2". Grungar outweighs me by 35 lbs. He's 235 lbs. He has a beard. I have a beard when I'm too lazy to shave for a week or so. He loves alcohol. I don't touch the stuff. He sits around drunk all the time. I've been drunk all of twice in my life, and both before the age 5, so I don't think they count. Our personalities are quite similar, however. We're both terrible liars. He can't steal anything for the life of him, and I'm too lazy to do so myself. He fumbles his daggers, I fumble my words. We both have very odd pets. We snicker a lot. We're also both very very mellow. He has been three different classes over the three incarnations that I've played Soj/Toril (conjurer on Toril, warrior on Soj2, rogue on Soj3), and has done decently there. I'm still not sure what class I want to be when I grow up. I really wanted to be a dog, but right now, I'm leaning more towards mad scientist. We never seem to have enough money at any given time, either. We both want to be heroes of sorts, but fail miserably at it Image We both are terrible at sneaking around and/or hiding. We both mumble and grumble a lot. We both like food, but usually end up eating the same ole stuff- we're both poor and are lacking in the culinary skill department. Most of Grungar's personality is merely an extension of mine (it's easier to role-play that way; I'm lazy Image), with a couple obvious exceptions. Time to go to bed now. We both do a lot of sleeping- him because he gets roughed up a lot and me because I have chronic fatigue syndrome. Neither cause is much fun, I assure you.

- Grungar "Lion Says I Am King and I Reign" Forgefire
Thurg
Sojourner

Postby Thurg » Mon Jun 25, 2001 5:06 am

im afraid the only real way im related to my chars is that we are all evil, though with my snake and drow we are all evil geniuses. im 5'7" and 150(give or take a couple) no tail and pale skin so no physical resemblance *snap*

------------------
Thurg, Zossonnarr, Gramordeus, Zanzor, Zhaxilor, Krondal
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Thu Jun 28, 2001 2:11 am

Hrm... Sarvis is a 210lb, kickass ranger who spends all his time outdoors. I'm a 240lb computer programmer who is outside about 5 minutes a day while I walk from the parking lot to my cube. Image

Though he basically has my personality, only a little more brave and such. Basically Sarvis is the guy I wish I could be in real life... probably would be too if I could afford a couple scimitars. Image

Sarvis
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Thu Jun 28, 2001 5:44 pm

Certain parts of my anatomy closely resemble Gormal...you know...48inches...etc.

And Silverast closely resembles an Ogre in real life. He weighs in the neighborhood of 500-800lbs, and has innate liphair, smells like a week-dead possum (because he eats them), etc.

3nj0y because I am l33t and you are not Image

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”