Private Alpha?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Rausrh
Sojourner

Private Alpha?

Postby Rausrh » Wed Feb 14, 2001 8:31 pm

So the private Alpha testing is planned on being opened in the first quater 2001. I know this for a fact 'cause I read it on a web page. What does this mean for the rest of us addicts? Any ideas on when the mud will open up for the rest of us? Or is there a way to get in on this Alpha?

Rausrh licks you.
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Wed Feb 14, 2001 9:31 pm

the alpha testing procedure should only last a couple weeks were only testing the mechanics of the mud
Faerwynd
Sojourner

Postby Faerwynd » Wed Feb 14, 2001 9:36 pm

Has it started?
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Wed Feb 14, 2001 9:54 pm

nope i wish though
Bibbe
Sojourner

Postby Bibbe » Wed Feb 14, 2001 11:06 pm

hmm the tester team been like selected already?

though i don't yet understand why you wouldn't want as many testers as possible. hrmph or perhaps there's some logical reason behind it that i doesn't see.
Brugg
Sojourner

Postby Brugg » Wed Feb 14, 2001 11:15 pm

no the testing team has not been formed as of yet
Revenki
Sojourner

Postby Revenki » Thu Feb 15, 2001 2:13 am

My 2 copper here,

If it wouldn't be too much of a headache for the admins i would just suggest an open Alpha with everybody understanding that the end of the two week(or however long) period will result in a full pwipe. I know I myself could use the time to setup Zmud again with a plethora of triggers and aliases again. Image
It would also end the twitching I've been experiencing since I found out sojourn is returning. Image

Revenki et al.
Wargo
Sojourner

Postby Wargo » Thu Feb 15, 2001 2:31 am

Is it just me or some people seem to have stopped posting on this board? My theory is that they are the very people chosen for alpha testing which has already begun secretly. Any minute now, they will email us and surprise us that the mud has opened! =)

Wargo
Tilandal
Sojourner

Postby Tilandal » Thu Feb 15, 2001 2:45 am

We can only hope :P
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Thu Feb 15, 2001 9:26 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Revenki:

"If it wouldn't be too much of a headache for the admins i would just suggest an open Alpha with everybody understanding that the end of the two week(or however long) period will result in a full pwipe. I know I myself could use the time to setup Zmud again with a plethora of triggers and aliases again. Image
It would also end the twitching I've been experiencing since I found out sojourn is returning. Image"

I know how you feel, revenki (I think most of us do, heh). My understanding is that the imms want to use a small group of people and give them different class/lvls on different days to perform specific tasks (zones, quests, drunken orgies, etc). This is supposed to be a more controlled and efficient bug-weeding-outing process and is not intended as some kind of exclusionary tactic.

My question, however, is what would be the problem of letting the rest of us mud-hungry peeps roam free around the mud?(with the understanding of a pwipe at the end of alpha) I'm asking out of curiosity, not complaint.

Izzy (who looks constipated when he turns on his computer each morning and sees that soj3 isn't up yet --> Image )

[This message has been edited by izarek (edited 02-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by izarek (edited 02-15-2001).]
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Thu Feb 15, 2001 10:07 pm

From my understanding of what the alpha will be, they will choose the lvl of the people for that specific task, give out the eq, and then fight certain battles to test hit/dam, mob hp and hit/dam, spell dam, etc. There aren't any new zones in yet to try to figure out to twink later, heck I even doubt that they will let people really explore.

They will probably also test out stuff like the arena, trade etc.

Its not gonna be all fun and games Image (But I still wanna do it Image

Lyt
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Fri Feb 16, 2001 5:01 pm

Heh, I agree HOWEVER it is so much less of a headache by having a controlled group. When the mud crashes it's a helluva lot easier to find the cause when there are a limited number of peeps vs a flood of peeps wrecking havoc across the realms. It's like putting together a 2500 piece puzzle and everytime you turn your back, someone throws a piece in the pile that doesn't belong.

"patience isn't a mudders virtue"
azz

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 16, 2001 8:15 pm

Alpha testing has not started. There's no conspiracy on who will be chosen. Kris had people send them "resumes" a while back and he will be choosing people from there. Last I heard he had over a hundred. It won't be a "let's explore and goof off" time. It will probably be like someone said, where we form up a group, level people to where we want them, give them a standard equip package to get a decent AC/Hit/Dam, and have them test the combat system, etc.

Mask

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”