Question about name selection

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
namatoki
Sojourner

Question about name selection

Postby namatoki » Tue Jan 30, 2001 5:49 pm

I was wondering if it would be possible to change your mind during name selection. For example, you have a mental block and decide to just use the name generator for a name. After rolling a few names, you see one that you almost like but gives you inspiration for a really cool name. Hmmm... Can you go back and input the name you just came up with?

Just a thought...

Nizrath
Harthorm
Sojourner

Postby Harthorm » Tue Jan 30, 2001 6:34 pm

If it isn't an option yet, it should be easy to implement... as I recall, the name generator will produce a batch of names and then allow you to choose from them (by inputting a number from 1 to ?)... all they'd have to do was allow you to input a name at the same prompt as an alternative to the number.

Harthorm/Twiblin

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 30, 2001 7:58 pm

This is currently an option, yes. So, as long as an admin is present, you can take all the inspiration from the generator you'd like. Basically, every time you generate a new list of names, you will see:

Generated Names (choose by number)
----------------------------------
1) Bob 5) Dan
2) Joe 6) Ed
3) Mike 7) Ned
4) Ben 8) Nurfiligus
0) Generate new names

By what name do you wish to be known?

So you can select one of the numbers OR you can type in your own name. And you can "reroll" the names 100 times and then see something you like but want to mod it.

Also, if you type the wrong number, it will say:

You want to be known as Dan?

If you type no, you get:

Ok, what IS it then?

from which you can type any of the numbers, 0 to generate new names, or a name of your own.

--D2
VeggieBoy
Sojourner

Postby VeggieBoy » Tue Jan 30, 2001 9:38 pm

is it at all possible to have it say "What EEEz it man!?" and have some little ascii representation of Ren? Okay, I know it sounds silly, mostly because it is.
Harthorm
Sojourner

Postby Harthorm » Wed Jan 31, 2001 12:05 am

I just hope I never see VeggieBoy as a name on the MUD ;)

Harthorm/Moradin
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:48 am

Hrm...D2? Normally they syntax/order of character creation is name/race/class/etc. . . . this is now changed? It would sort of have to be, in order to use a name generator that will take into account your race....but the first prompt is now, do you wish to create a new character, isn't it? ....HRM you made that change a long time ago...what are you guys, psychic? ! don't mind me.

Lost
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Jan 31, 2001 9:42 am

Waelost rides again!

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”