Best 3 man (or woman) Team

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Wobb
Sojourner

Best 3 man (or woman) Team

Postby Wobb » Wed Feb 14, 2001 4:39 am

A few friends of mine had a discussion about what we thought the most powerful 3 man team would be, that could do the most, with average eq-not powerhouse +hp or arti-type weapons. The test was, fighting a single non-bashable mob no aggroes in adjacent rooms.

Soj2: Invoker, Enchanter, Paladin.
Toril: Sorc, Cleric, (warrior)

What do you guys think?

Wobb
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Wed Feb 14, 2001 4:53 am

Hrmm 3-4 person group.
Healer, Nuker, Tank, (Protector)

Pick 1 from each.
Healer: Cleric, Druid, Shaman, Bard
Nuker: Monk, Invoker, Rouge, Ranger
Tank: Warrior, Conjie, Shaman, Necro
Protector: Enchanter, Conjie, Shaman

I'd probably say 3 Liches in reality though Image

Gindipple.
Ruhr
Sojourner

Postby Ruhr » Wed Feb 14, 2001 5:04 am

1 warrior wielding Avernus, 1 warrior w/ twilight to rescue, 1 silencer, a shit load of healing/stoneskin potions.
namatoki
Sojourner

Postby namatoki » Wed Feb 14, 2001 5:22 am

I'd say troll war (or necro), invoker, and enchanter (another invoker if necro has vamps). *shrug*

BTW, Ruhr, Wobb said with average eq so your choices aren't valid. Image

Nizrath
Wargo
Sojourner

Postby Wargo » Wed Feb 14, 2001 5:39 am

I didn't play much during Sojourn2 but during the days of Toril, these were the best two-man combinations:

Monk + Conjurer/Warrior + Cleric for warrior mobs - Fire elemental on mob and keep on burning it while monk knocks down or just warrior against warrior with cleric keeping him/her alive.

Conjurer + Silencer/Warrior + Ranger or Paladin for mage mobs - Send elemental and silence or wait till shield down and bash.

Warrior + Cleric for cleric mobs - bash, kill, silence, heal, bash, kill, silence, heal, repeat.

Paladin + Druid for rogue mobs - minor heals to recover from backstabs and sunray to blind them.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Feb 14, 2001 5:47 am

Enchanter, Invoker, Cleric. No contest.

Enchanter dragonscale and globe self, cast power word blind on mob. Easy enough. Cast major paralyze until it works, invoker force missile until para wears off, repeat. Cleric heal when necessary.

This combination, given enough time, can do a fair number of ZONES, screw mobs.

- Ragorn
Verarb
Sojourner

Postby Verarb » Wed Feb 14, 2001 6:19 am

kiss my barky ass alls you need is 1 druid
Saitcho
Sojourner

Postby Saitcho » Wed Feb 14, 2001 6:28 am

rofl. hehe vman is right. one druid does the job.
Elarin
Sojourner

Postby Elarin » Wed Feb 14, 2001 6:54 am

My favorite combo was the warrior, ranger, bard combo. no stopping for mem times!(well the ranger stopped, but we made him wait in the next room <G>)

Elarin
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Feb 14, 2001 6:58 am

Who needs 3 people? Valeos could solo demi i believe, Dizahk and waelos did kostie (yes i know how so dont contradict!) dizahk solod chlorchrida too if i remember correctly. necros not included i'd have to agree with ragorn. Casters made a beefy team if you had patience and skills and wanted a good challenge.
Bibbe
Sojourner

Postby Bibbe » Wed Feb 14, 2001 11:23 pm

exping super combo is troll tanks and perhaps a nuker.

Just tank tank tank.... rescue ... tank tank tank ... regen regen regen .. rescue ... tank tank tank tank .. regen regen regen .. rescue .. tank tank tank ..

oh well you get the point .. Image perhaps a few nuke nuke nuke .. inflict damage .. hurt badass hurt hurt..

yeah whatever =)
Elscint
Sojourner

Postby Elscint » Thu Feb 15, 2001 2:02 am

In the days of Toril I experienced what I would consider to be an extremely powerful 3 person group.

Tessaire - Well equipped high level I believe spec heal cleric

Kurz - Avernus wielding well equipped damn fine leader and tank/warrior

Elscint - Well equipped high level spec protection sorcerer

We were capable of many many things.. often times when I was with Kurz we did things with few numbers that many could not accomplish. On the occasion that I speak of we completed the citadel and CR'd a group from brass. To be completely honest it's not so much the combination of races or classes it's the ability of the player. Those I mentioned I believe to be very good players along with a great many others whom I've encountered in the realms. But most truly and honestly it's definitely not just the class or the race or the combination that you've created but the player and I'm sure that could be proven time and time again.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Feb 15, 2001 2:20 am

Two necros and a troll to make sure the bashes work are pretty grand. But then that's really a group of 7 isn't it.....
Oh and they would have to walk everywhere CURSES!
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Thu Feb 15, 2001 9:55 pm

So long as we're on this topic, what about chosing a 3-man/woman group by name.

What 3 people would you chose, hrm?
imp
Sojourner

Postby imp » Thu Feb 15, 2001 11:29 pm

nobash huh, howabout spells? warr class?

I'd say invoker invoker invoker
or
conjie invoker invoker

after all it was only one mob.....

/Imp
Elscint
Sojourner

Postby Elscint » Fri Feb 16, 2001 4:39 pm

I think it would be very difficult to choose just three people from my days on toril as being the absolute best three person group. I would say that of the people I encountered a cleric, sorc, warrior combo would probably have been the best and you could choose from quite a few different people for each slot.

By no stretch of the imagination is this a complete list of those that I think would qualify, but rather just a few names to think about for each slot.

Warriors:
Kurz
Glaron
Gorsh
Kanthas
Thruar
Mithlin
Dohrum

Clerics:
Toddrick
Tagad
Tessaire
Varia
Vurad

Sorcerers:
Sjesko
Yrbie
Jorak
Marforp
Elscint
Dizahk

Those are just some ideas. Certainly factors to consider would be the players mud knowledge how well he/she actually performed the duties of his/her class, and hitpoints. Everyone should know by now hitpoints, hitpoints, hitpoints. You have to be able to live through that first cloud to cast silence sometimes and if you can't do that then you probably won't be invited.

Just my thoughts,
Elscint Hairytoes (The Halfling Sorcerer)
Bibbe
Sojourner

Postby Bibbe » Fri Feb 16, 2001 4:56 pm

Hehe
Elscint where have ya been anyways?
I remember playing with you, long long ago. You also helped Bibbe with the gate quest.

Anyways you forgot Shabbay as cleric, she's a good one, until that horrible things.

emote ducks under the meteor swarm sent from all the immortals in furious anger.
Oh yeah heh well you forgot a whole lot of good players overall.

Though i wouldn't choose my group from how good the players are. I would choose my three man group from how fun they are to play with. To me mud still is about having fun all the time, which a lot of people seems to forgotten. I guess this isn't what the topic was all about.

But i would choose among these players as fun to play with.

Illreok - for his questing addiction, also to learn him some more swedish. =) Algkuk

Klurg - For his complete insanity. He's ability to say whatever crosses his mind in that very second it does it.

Hogra - Same as above just multiply it with 100

Utta etc - She's one cool gal to group with and always been in a good mood, when I talked to her.

Ulgh - despite his temper!! This for he isn't affraid to teach other players what he knows about the realm etc.

Fylne - Just because he had one of the coolest char ever.

eumm i think i could go on for a long time with a long list of names i just realised. But anyways, i would choose my three companions, not by how good they play, but how good they make me feel.

- Bibbe
(2nd halfling sorc 50 to go OC) ; |

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 16, 2001 7:07 pm

Without a doubt, the best three-man team would have to be me, Shev and Kia. Nothing can stand up to our combined stench.

--D2 (what do you mean, gods aren't eligible?)
Saitcho
Sojourner

Postby Saitcho » Fri Feb 16, 2001 7:39 pm

bah. me and verarb and a pleasure slave

we can take anything.
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Fri Feb 16, 2001 9:46 pm

Varia and Mplor did all of Citadel, many times, including the ghost of Amberyl and the Master. We & Shevy had some chats sitting at the portal that doesnt work at the top of the tower imagining where the portal should go, if we had our way.

Monk/Cleric did Brownie, Jenna, all of Undermountain I, Goortok to name a few. Skilled and well timed silences make up for lack of bashing, and Varia is a master.

Mp
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sat Feb 17, 2001 3:46 am

Verarb:

I always found myself to be completely useless unless I had my "green frog in a jar" and my camel with me....but then I could do ANYTHING!
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Sat Feb 17, 2001 4:30 am

There wasn't a lot that Koldar (the invoker) and I couldn't kill together. Even back when he was just a plain old sorc we still could do just about anything. The only things that we were never able to do after putting in extensive time were the goat-headed daemon and the terrasque Image Darn it!

Lyt the Super Conj!
Galzar
Sojourner

Postby Galzar » Sat Feb 17, 2001 8:24 am

gee thanks elscint, well if i playing my paly, i would want todd/tag/bruno as a cleric, modu/elscint/marfopie/silverast as sorc.

if i am playing mikayla, tank kurz, thruar, gogan, glaron, kanthras, thrak, serro, gee i cant go wrong here can i Image sorc again modu/elscint/marforpie/silverast
Galzar
Sojourner

Postby Galzar » Sat Feb 17, 2001 8:32 am

doh i forgot calib/band aid/tryth/aerlinn/ for clerics also, and sjesko/dizzy/and i know there are more sorcs out there just cant think
Zogur
Sojourner

Postby Zogur » Sat Feb 17, 2001 10:14 am

I remember the days when I still played Kryga, where Calib and I could do way more than I ever imagined possible. Was either my lack of imagination, or the skill of a great healer.
As I found out during the previous 7 or 8 years, there just are a few outstanding players who are definitely on top of the game.
I consider it an honor to play with them.

Zogur / Kryga
Galok Icewolf
Sojourner

Postby Galok Icewolf » Sat Feb 17, 2001 10:22 am

Me and silverast did all of tower (cept you know, I can't say its a secret) without silence, and without a basher. That's the best I've done.
3-man team, Touk, Gormal + anyone...
On a pirate (tm) trip. Funniest stuff i've seen.
Elscint
Sojourner

Postby Elscint » Sat Feb 17, 2001 1:56 pm

Ahh yes I must apologize I most certainly did forget to post a capable cleric.

Mikayla should have been with my prior list.

but as I've said before by no means is that a complete list I just came up with those names off the top of my head and actually I was at work =P

Elscint Hairytoes (The Halfling Sorcerer)
Luke
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Sat Feb 17, 2001 7:24 pm

Bahaha....was anyone there when Touk and I made our own quests...with those triggers et like a mob quest?
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Feb 21, 2001 6:00 am

Hmm... you all assume highlevel I guess... I believe 2 necros and a druid to be your basic unrivaled force of destruction. Why? Because the druid moves them about efficiently (oh yeah that old necro problem) and can vit/heal the players, and the necros - well, I really don't have to say anything about that.

"They'll never know what hit 'em."

PS- Seriously, how many of you necros out there considered grouping with druids? How many druids with necros? (I'm wondering if only OC druids and myself really grouped with necros, and I'm imagining a whole slew of "impossible to RP" protests).
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Fri Mar 16, 2001 10:15 pm

Were it a 4 man team to be named I'd say it would be:
Kurz
Tagad
Sjesko
Dlur(me)

Kurz - Probably best tank and strategist I can recall
Tagad - One of the most inovative and quick healers in the game from my time not to mention his hammer doing a pile of damage.
Sjesko - One of the quietest, yet 'on top' of it sorcs I can recall
Dlur - I did a pile of damage with Twilight plus had 1k hps so could rescue mobs off Kurz when necesary and no-fail 2h bash.

Dlur!
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Sat Mar 17, 2001 9:35 am

Nofail 2h bash?

Explain.
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Sat Mar 17, 2001 3:59 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cherzra:
<B>Nofail 2h bash?

Explain.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ok so I missed two once I got level 50. I had a stat taker built into Zmud. I missed 2 bashes in around 300,000 (lost my settings files long ago). Pretty much nofail.
Ionari
Sojourner

Postby Ionari » Sat Mar 17, 2001 5:38 pm

I think it was stupid to remove Sorcs.

Io
Ruggak
Sojourner

Postby Ruggak » Sat Mar 17, 2001 8:31 pm

best 3 man team
Ogre warrior
Yunti Enchanter
Drow cleric
lucan
Sojourner

Postby lucan » Sat Jul 14, 2001 7:18 am

Elscint... We used to group all the time Image You were always so kind.
Altan
Sojourner

Postby Altan » Sat Jul 14, 2001 10:32 am

Best 3 man group, hmm.. that's a toughie, Did 4 man JOT once, with me Jurdex trogar and Corth, guess best 3 man that *I* would personally try JOT or something like that with.. hmm.. well, can't use ranger or paladin, no offense, need to rescue/bash/sp combo.. so.. I would have to say Enchanter/Cleric/Warrrior, corse I'm old timey, won't say old school cause I don't knwo that I am, but I can say I did ALOT of shit with a warrior/cleric combo that shouldn't be able to do, so I'll stick with the powerhouse trio there.. Altan/Jurdex/Corth, Just cause we all 3 know how the others gonna react in any given situation. Corse, this was the OLD Corth and Jurdex, and Jurdex is not active this wipe, and Corth is another class, but old school, went everywhere, did anything with them, and was glad I was included in the group and that they trusted me enough to be there. Image

Altan Thalandor
Used to be a cleric, now he's, looking for levels'.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Mon Jul 16, 2001 6:32 pm

monk & shaman--sojII
sorc, cleric & warrior--toril
enchanter, invoker, cleric & warrior--sojIII

i solo pod wife once, if that counts for anything

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”