Best innocent experience as an absolute newbie?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Lirelir
Sojourner

Best innocent experience as an absolute newbie?

Postby Lirelir » Thu Jul 12, 2001 1:08 am

Oh man while reading all the posts under 'Dumbest thing you've ever done on Soj?', I was amazed at the experiences people have had. Funny how a game can bring back memories.

Someone had posted a mistake a newbie made when Soj1 was _brand new_ and talked about how after the CR, they just went back to killing dogs in the street because the mud was so new Image Ahhhhhh innocence!

It made me think about the special experiences only newbies can have before we knew certain zones well, knew how to play the classes to their best, etc.

I'll share a little one of mine but would LOVE to hear yours as I had so much fun reading those posts.

But before I post it and embarass myself, someone help me out with my barley clogged brain. Did early Sojourn have a sewer in WD? And purple cloaks came from there? I can't rememeber if it's from this mud or another one *blush*

If so, my story applies to this mud Image

I don't think it was Arctic mud. *bonk*
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Thu Jul 12, 2001 3:51 pm

When I first settled into Waterdeep, I would fight and kill all the drunks I could. Those silly drunks and their beer bottles.. I was amazed at how many people simply tossed these items onto the ground. They were worth several silver at times! Heh. I remember selling upwards of 30 of them at a time, and thinking how rich I was getting. That was mebbe 8 years ago.. my, how things have changed Image
Vandic
Sojourner

Postby Vandic » Thu Jul 12, 2001 4:02 pm

I remember thinking it was great that street cleaners in WD were easy to kill, and you always got the same amount of cash off of em each time....2 silver, 2 copper.

-VHF
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Thu Jul 12, 2001 4:25 pm

First character on here I ever had was grey elf sorc. Someone gave me a stinger. I wish I could remember who they were because I was bragging to my friend about it for the rest of the day.
That was the day kooshie dogs learned fear.
Lirelir
Sojourner

Postby Lirelir » Thu Jul 12, 2001 4:48 pm

Aye, I remember hoarding the beer bottles as well! I remember sometimes I'd find a dead dog or such that someone forgot to loot, and it felt like finding a $20 bill in the back pocket of a pair of jeans you hadn't worn in a while.

Funny thing, when I started I wasn't sure what class to play (didn't we all have 15 level 7 characters once?) But I didn't know ANYONE and had only a terminal from college to connect with and couldn't have more than one active connection.

I was too scared to trust a stranger to hold my dog collars, leather pants, etc. because surely I would be robbed of such incredible, hard earned gear (which I must add I was quite proud of). Finally I realized that I could give items to a mob!!! So I went to the park in WD and found a nice, quiet dark place where no one was killing. I would put all my items in a bag I found and then give it the squirrel. I would quit on the spot, enter with my new character, and run and hope to find my squirrel before someone killed it!

Needless to say one time the mud crashed and I must have put away a couple 6-packs in agony Image I learned to make friends quickly after that...

-A
Hamibugan Sinweaver
Sojourner

Postby Hamibugan Sinweaver » Wed Jul 18, 2001 12:42 am

Being sent ahead on a trip from DK to HP to summon the group. Not knowing they passed me and summoning Ezzallixxell back to me. *stare* Image

------------------
That is all. Peace.
Hami
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Wed Jul 18, 2001 1:31 pm

I used to not kill the dogs, i'd pat them, and hope that something good was going to happen to me for my kindness.

I also had quite good, albeit somewhat one-sided, conversations with my guildmaster and other prominent NPCs, during my first few days on mud.

Fun.

Mogr.
Astansus
Sojourner

Postby Astansus » Wed Jul 18, 2001 7:59 pm

Trying to explain the way to the bazaar to a commoner as they had those emotes.

Cheers
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Jul 18, 2001 8:29 pm

Taking a long adventurous trip with my level 6 assassin to the Moonshaes, spending all my money on a single ticket..

Then finding out that Tristan doesn't like Assassins very much.

Splat.
Rausrh
Sojourner

Postby Rausrh » Wed Jul 18, 2001 8:35 pm

Astansus, I did that exact same thing. I even tried to get the commoner to group with me to explore, seeing as how we were both new around here...

------------------
Rausrh licks you.
azzixxenae
Sojourner

Postby azzixxenae » Thu Jul 19, 2001 4:48 am

Um, my entire first couple of hours before I learned the "consider" command Image
Hamibugan Sinweaver
Sojourner

Postby Hamibugan Sinweaver » Thu Jul 19, 2001 5:53 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by azzixxenae:
Um, my entire first couple of hours before I learned the "consider" command Image</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couple of hours? You're still tryin to punk stuff you can't Image

Azz is gay....that is all. Err uhh, nm

------------------
That is all. Peace.
Hami

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”