goodie ress

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
cherzra
Sojourner

goodie ress

Postby cherzra » Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:02 pm

So how goes the goodie ress quest?
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:31 pm

We already have 4 clerics with ress, and working on the 5th.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:33 pm

We also have 2 bards with ress- which is just weird.

Yayaril
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:33 pm

There has been some obvious confusion here between the spells Ressurection and Cure Critical Wounds.
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:53 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zrax:
There has been some obvious confusion here between the spells Ressurection and Cure Critical Wounds.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ohhh what is this 'cure critical wounds' all about? is the quest as easy as ress was? sounds neat!
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Jul 25, 2001 2:04 pm

Yeah, I just skipped questing for cure crit and those heal spells and went straight for res. I figure, who needs heals when you can just res the group. :P

Anyway.. we're working on it. Dornax got some more items for it last saturday, so I think all we have to do is the Avernus part.. chuckle. Hopefully the lag will drop so we can try it this weekend. I wasn't even able to much exp last night because of the crappy lag Image
belleshel
Sojourner

Postby belleshel » Wed Jul 25, 2001 2:31 pm

I got an email back from C&W saying it was an overutilization problem they are/were working on. This morning when I checked the trace was clean, so we can only hope its fixxed now Image

Belle

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 25, 2001 2:33 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rylan:
<B>Yeah, I just skipped questing for cure crit and those heal spells and went straight for res. I figure, who needs heals when you can just res the group. :P

Anyway.. we're working on it. Dornax got some more items for it last saturday, so I think all we have to do is the Avernus part.. chuckle. Hopefully the lag will drop so we can try it this weekend. I wasn't even able to much exp last night because of the crappy lag Image</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, so someone already blabbed the quest. That didn't take long.
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Wed Jul 25, 2001 2:39 pm

Yeah thats pretty lame that someone told the items you need before you guys went to Avernus. Oh well. On an interesting side note, I died 18 times during the week and a half or so we did the ress quest, since we have gotten ress, i have died once.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Jul 25, 2001 2:48 pm

Not that I am a part of either of these, but...

No more lame than taking 28 people to a zone to finish a quest, imo.

Both sides have their quirks and their 'lameness'.

Pointing it out in every thread is just stupid. I really yearn for the day that good/evil debate is dead and buried.

------------------
Malacar - French kissin midgets, and damn proud of it. Oh yeah... My comments can offend you now, I don't care anymore. Have a day.
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Wed Jul 25, 2001 2:49 pm

Mind telling me who couldn't keep his mouth shut so I never have to group with him again?
Zrax
Sojourner

Postby Zrax » Wed Jul 25, 2001 3:09 pm

Malacar,
saying that it is lame that someone blabbed the items would be an accusation on evils by and evil, no good vs evil debate.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Jul 25, 2001 3:11 pm

*shrug* whatever Image

------------------
Malacar - French kissin midgets, and damn proud of it. Oh yeah... My comments can offend you now, I don't care anymore. Have a day.

[This message has been edited by Malacar (edited 07-25-2001).]
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Jul 25, 2001 5:40 pm

*shrug* Unfortunately I wasn't around last saturday so I didn't go with the questing group.
Personally I don't know what stuff they got, or even know what they should've gotten, or who may have given dornax some info on the quest. I'm just going on what I heard that they got some stuff. Whatever items that may be, I don't know yet.

I knew the quest mob is in Avernus, and I thought someone figured out or had a guess as to what items are needed. As for blabbing the quest, I don't think anyone did, since as of the last time I was in a quest group people were still kinda clueless as to what we had to do. I just don't want to see people jumping to conclusions that someone blabbed, based on my second-hand info about what was done last weekend. Image
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Wed Jul 25, 2001 7:32 pm

Yeah whoever gave information out about the quest should be deleted... *nog me*

That's just not cool.

-Jaznolg
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Wed Jul 25, 2001 7:51 pm

I don't know the circumstances here, but it sounds like they just know the where and not the what. In which case isn't it possible that just someone with clairvoyance could sit back and figure out a quest if they wanted to? There are even ways to block this with spells if a group is concerned about leaking info.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Wed Jul 25, 2001 9:06 pm

okay. dang u people. i promised i wouldn't tell but since u guys want it so bad i will spill the beans.

dornax & rylan was leaking out ress information. god's u might not want to but u gotta delete them.

sok
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Wed Jul 25, 2001 9:08 pm

actually dornax just told me he didn't do it. verarb leaked it out. delete him b4 he hits 50.
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Wed Jul 25, 2001 9:10 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cherzra:
Mind telling me who couldn't keep his mouth shut so I never have to group with him again?</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is it that ppl on this mud are so vindictive? This aint about you cherzra. I've hear this kinda stuff from several ppl
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Jul 25, 2001 9:40 pm

rofl sok :P
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed Jul 25, 2001 11:53 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by izarek:
Why is it that ppl on this mud are so vindictive? This aint about you cherzra. I've hear this kinda stuff from several ppl</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It has nothing to do with being vindictive. Sharing quest secrets is lame. I don't wanna even hear about how everyone and their mother now has suchandsuch quest spell because one guy figured it out and some other dork decided to tell everyone and their mother how to do it.

It's no different than grouping with a warrior w/ elite eq who bodyslams dragons.

Don't share quest information w/ people, unless it is other hints. If someone is really stuck on something, offer them other hints to help them out, like where they might want to try looking for whatever item or mob they seek. There are reasonable ways to help w/o giving stuff away.

The reason quests like ress get made so overly difficult lately is because they get twinked like in the past so quickly otherwise.

Cheers to Cherzra who actually understands the commitments of the staff, and who recognizes the detriment of twinked quests.

Twyl "Quest spells for a ranger? You mean like 'mow grass?' Image" Twinshadow
Saitcho
Sojourner

Postby Saitcho » Thu Jul 26, 2001 12:08 am

delete jaznolg cuz he asked me about a million questions regarding meteor swarm.

-saitcho
Mplor
Sojourner

Postby Mplor » Thu Jul 26, 2001 12:09 am

Quests that require a ton of ppl helping the questor are hard to keep a secret.

Quests like Inferno, on the other hand, are do-able by a small group, with the Invoker questing solo most of the time. Difficult quest to figure out, but much easier to keep a secret, and we did. I don't know it it's spoiled now or not, but after Alaindril and I figured it out, months later people were still asking us for hints.

The real problem isn't people who blab, but the friends of the questor who take it as a personal insult if they aren't let in on the secret. Not everyone can resist that kind of pressure, and I'm not surprised most quests are well-spoiled.

Mp
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Thu Jul 26, 2001 12:46 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Saitcho:
<B>delete jaznolg cuz he asked me about a million questions regarding meteor swarm.
-saitcho</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Delete Saitcho for giving me false information on meteor swarm! Image

Oh yeah... you like to do that on your own.. nevermind.

-Jaznolg

[This message has been edited by Jaznolg (edited 07-25-2001).]
Saitcho
Sojourner

Postby Saitcho » Thu Jul 26, 2001 3:33 am

lol

im glad im not bitter

[This message has been edited by Saitcho (edited 07-25-2001).]
Xyd
Sojourner

Postby Xyd » Thu Jul 26, 2001 4:15 pm

Bah, delete everyone and change the quest after someone completes it. :P

Quests that are taking as long as ress is taking and take as big of groups as ress did/does can be expected to leak rather quickly. If you have 22 people on the quest then assuredly ONE of those people will be in the next group to try -- so should that person simply keep his/her mouth shut during Quest #2?

Also, the good vs evil thing is a big ole steaming pile of bat guano. (Does bat guano steam?) I play a goodie. I also play an evil. Do you think I share info with myself from my evil to my goodie? Think about it -- maybe this is how some of the info is "leaking"...

Personally, I think the quests should be easier but much longer. But I usually carry the unpopular vote anyway.

.xyd
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Thu Jul 26, 2001 4:33 pm

I think there's a clause in the rules:

37) You are not allowed to share quest info with yourself.
Ilshadrial
Sojourner

Postby Ilshadrial » Thu Jul 26, 2001 4:52 pm

Who cares if the quest is spoiled...it was made shorter/easier anyway...

Not like the gods did anything when one person twinked a quest over and over and not even report that he could rent with the key (an obvious error).
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Thu Jul 26, 2001 5:04 pm

I lost a full level to get Zip ress. We had at least 100 deaths total. That's the bare minimum. A large number of those corpses rotted or were revived. A very large number. The reason sharing quest information is bad is because it means that my full lost level was worth nothing. I should have waited 2 weeks and gone in with the group that has 2 deaths because they knew where every item was, how hard every mob was, and the capabilities of the entire area. If everyone thought that way, then who would go on that first run?

Sharing information like this isn't inherently bad. It just makes people not want to be the first, explore, and die to help their friends.

-Todrael
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Thu Jul 26, 2001 5:38 pm

Exactly.

Sharing quest stuff is bad. Why work long and hard and have someone else do it in 1/10th the effort?

Was 3w cleared of corpses like DK fountain was? Sounds like we took 2x the pain now.

If someone ratted the quest it's lame as hell (no pun intended), let goodies suffer some too.

p.s. this isn't a goodie flame. It's a share-quest-info-flame.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Thu Jul 26, 2001 6:00 pm

i hope that i get high enough level to be part of the group that explores myth drannor. i know i wont, but - well, ive waited for that zone on this mud for years.

to me, it is the culmination of adventure in the forgotten realms world on the prime material plane. im not a part of the elite circles of zones now. but maybe, ill get to go with them. i would love to see a clean, unknown zone explored. with questions and no answers, where even the leader is learning it with us. i wouldnt mind dying several deaths, and i KNOW that the quests being done for the first time is something i would be proud of, or anyone should be. i would feel much like todrael however, if once we did it the first time, the whole sense of unknown wonder was gone. who is to say that it should be that way? hell, i think the leader should lead it first, of course (i know it sounds dumb :P) but afterwards, the people who come with him should try leading it. bring some of the people who came first, of course - but try to bring people who *didnt come*
get a new look, try new things. see if you can do better. but best of all, share that sense of adventure.

trickle down economy right? how about trickle down adventure.

-daz
izarek
Sojourner

Postby izarek » Thu Jul 26, 2001 6:05 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Todrael:
<B>I lost a full level to get Zip ress. We had at least 100 deaths total. That's the bare minimum. A large number of those corpses rotted or were revived. A very large number. The reason sharing quest information is bad is because it means that my full lost level was worth nothing. I should have waited 2 weeks and gone in with the group that has 2 deaths because they knew where every item was, how hard every mob was, and the capabilities of the entire area. If everyone thought that way, then who would go on that first run?

Sharing information like this isn't inherently bad. It just makes people not want to be the first, explore, and die to help their friends.

-Todrael</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you, as well as the rest of the group, should be honored for your hard work. Maybe a plaque or statue to note that you all completed the quest first. Additionally, whoever leaked the info should be punished by the gods according to soj3 rules. I'm not saying what they did was right. However, I still think that ppl who do stuff like 'I'm gonna tell all my friends never to group with you again' are childish and worse for the mud than ppl who leak info. Soj3 may be the king of games, but it is still just a game.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Thu Jul 26, 2001 6:20 pm

Hmm.. well, as I mentioned before, if someone knows the quest, it sure isn't me.
Yeah, I know its in avernus, and I figured I need some other items from other zones, but thats about it.
If something has been blabbed, I don't think it was very much, since nobody I've talked to has a clue about what kind of mobs we have to wack, except that they're nasty.

Unfortunately, quest sharing is going to happen to some extent. We use the knowledge gained from doing quests the first time to make it easier for other people that we are helping.
Garosh
Sojourner

Postby Garosh » Thu Jul 26, 2001 6:34 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by cherzra:
<B>Exactly.

Sharing quest stuff is bad. Why work long and hard and have someone else do it in 1/10th the effort?

Was 3w cleared of corpses like DK fountain was? Sounds like we took 2x the pain now.

If someone ratted the quest it's lame as hell (no pun intended), let goodies suffer some too.

p.s. this isn't a goodie flame. It's a share-quest-info-flame.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I recall someone named Chezra posted the completion of a quest in the logs section..
I didnt know the quest existed, so you are guilty..Burn Troll Burn!

There is no doubt in my mind that quest info is shared once its figured out, mainly cause (and I am kinda tired of hearing it) "This is a group-oriented game", means it takes a group of people to complete a quest, which usually only yields one or two items. So for the people who dont get squat for doing the Group Quest, they gotta assemble a group to go do it again. "Leaking" of info is going to happen, no way around it.

Not sure why there is even a difference in the Evil vs Goodie thing, since there is no RaceWars or any pkilling. Just let everyone group in my opinion. If an anti paladin, paladin, and necro, and ranger can all group, why not mix in an Illithid and troll in the mix. Last I saw a Goodie can control a bugbear pet, and group it.. Whats the difference? :-P

meanwhile back on the ranch..quest info will be shared, no way around it.

Garosh

[This message has been edited by Garosh (edited 07-26-2001).]

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”