Outcast..

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Thorlin
Sojourner

Outcast..

Postby Thorlin » Sat Jul 28, 2001 12:09 am

I was thinking outloud with a friend the other day, and we were talking about the old Outcast system. granted, like Miax said it was a pain to hunt down and outcast people that grouped with evils, but given as a whole.. i think it made for a lot more roleplaying situations. As it is now, with the "racewars" there really isn't any racewar..its just two different games, sojourn as an evil or sojourn as a good. There really don't seem to be any common goals against each other, and the only separation is the hardcoding versus groups. I liked being an outcast druid, it taught me to rely on evils, and made for some killer stories back in the day. As well as helping them when all they had were warriors, and shaman. Is there any way to reinstate the outcast system as a means for roleplay? perhaps in the grand scheme of things in the campaign?.. one of the more famous characters, (although one of my least favorite) Drizzt, was a drow warrior gone good that eventually became a ranger. couldn't outcast go the opposite way, say if a drow worked her alignment to 1000, commited only good deeds, and walked amongst humans grey elves dwarves etc..? Does anyone else have thoughts along these lines? I'm not trying to start a powermudder vs roleplayer discussion, but it seems that lately, most changes have gone in favor of the powermudder, and roleplay seems to be taking the back-burner. Just some thoughts.

-Thorlin..aka Ensis
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Sat Jul 28, 2001 12:18 am

meaning you wanna go outcast again as a druid so you can group with the evils :P
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Sat Jul 28, 2001 12:18 am

only if squids can "outcast" and go good.
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Sat Jul 28, 2001 12:27 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kwirl:
only if squids can "outcast" and go good.</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

tell me how that can happen when squids have to suck brains to do stuff... Image
Thorlin
Sojourner

Postby Thorlin » Sat Jul 28, 2001 12:27 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kwirl:
<B>meaning you wanna go outcast again as a druid so you can group with the evils :P

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

was talking about as a whole..all the evils i used to group with are long since gone..
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Jul 28, 2001 3:02 am

Hey! I group with the goodies and I suck brains!

Yayaril
Dinggle
Sojourner

Postby Dinggle » Sat Jul 28, 2001 4:35 am

the outcast system was flawed in any number of ways, and i think was only allowed up to the point of last wipe because evils had no way of having sorcerors.

now that the drow are in there is no need for any help from any good race. granted, the evil classes could use as much diversity as the good race (ie. answers to paladins/rangers/druids) but it's not necessary.

the system is balanced the way it is now, allowing for FREE TRADE between characters of evil races and good races. no more sneaking around.
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Sat Jul 28, 2001 2:37 pm

Find the other thread from a while ago regarding outcasting. Pretty much everything was discussed in there. And one of the main point brought up there was that just because you decide you would like to hang out with the evil races, does not mean that they would welcome you. You would probably taste pretty good as a mid day snack, being a nice 100% natural forest fed druid Image

Lyt

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”