CR or RL pick one.

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Turxx
Sojourner

CR or RL pick one.

Postby Turxx » Sun Jul 15, 2001 1:33 am

raise your hand if youve ever called into work to cr, if youve ever missed a nights sleep to cr, if youve ever be locked into this game for 1 2 3 4 5 hours just to save your characters eq.
wouldnt i be more fair to us as players if we could treat this like a game all the time instead of only when you have your eq safe on your person?
i have days of rl time devoted into my character, alot of us do, but when i die it seems like this can easily go from being a game i play to my top priority, i dont have much of a choice tho realy, to loss all my eq id almost be farther ahead to delete and start fresh.
its not fair that i should have to choose between my rl resonsabilies or the char ive put countless hours into building so i the skills and levels and equipment i need to play.
isnt there some way that when you you have to deal with rl you can do that and deal with cr when you have time???
rent/camp and your unlooted corpse leaves the game with you and returns again with you?
im no expert in fact far from but it seems like this is not so far fetched.
Nitania
Sojourner

Postby Nitania » Sun Jul 15, 2001 7:01 pm

This issue has been discussed at length in other threads. I am STILL all for this change, I've been soooo close to losing my eq so many times this wipe simply because I had to rent/camp.

Like I've said before, .. sometimes you just HAVE to rent and that shouldnt mean that you have to lose all of your eq.

Just my 2c Image

Nitania
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Sun Jul 15, 2001 7:32 pm

im against any changes. i think its fine how it is.

there are MANY things you can do if you need to CR or have to go.

preserve spell ring a bell? how about having a friend help out? all else fails ask for help from someone

-daz
Kuurg
Sojourner

Postby Kuurg » Sun Jul 15, 2001 10:56 pm

That's not fair you know. the People posting on this thread aren't unaware of preserve. Haven't you ever had group die in a really crummy zone and had to organize an entire new group in order to retrieve corpses?
Woe to those who aren't on to consent whoever makes it to corpses when group does win through. It's not always a matter of dropping a few preserves on a corpse.

Don't be naive.
I'm all for increasing pcorpse rot time.

[This message has been edited by Kuurg (edited 07-15-2001).]
gordex
Sojourner

Postby gordex » Sun Jul 15, 2001 11:09 pm

Kwirl,

I'll take you to roots sometime and drop you off. Let me know when you get your stuff back. LOL.

Gordex - Gordex Travel Agency (almost there!)
My 2 Cents
Lyt
Sojourner

Postby Lyt » Mon Jul 16, 2001 3:57 am

What if you could cast preserve on the living (albiet nekkid) person. It wouldn't be as good as preserving the corpse (say maybe 1/2 the amount of time) but would allow you to preserve the corpse even when you are not in the same room with it.

For example....your group gets spanked in Brass, and you can't find enough people for a decent CR team. So you just start preserving all of the dead group members, and it adds the preserve onto the corpse Image I don't know how it would work if you had multiple corpses, because it would probably confuse the computer. It could also be very easy to twink. So maybe it could have a cap at the max amount of time you could preserve a corpse that you aren't in the same room with.
Vylare
Sojourner

Postby Vylare » Tue Jul 17, 2001 1:11 am

I think being able to cast preserve on the person, rather than the corpse, is a great idea. Sometimes it is just not possible to get a corpse within the time limit. As someone who works and who once stayed up til 8 am getting a corpse and was completely nonfunctional at work afterwards, it would be a great kindness Image
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Sun Jul 22, 2001 2:09 pm

As posted under a previous thread, I support increased rot times or some other solution to the CR vs RL choice.

Vadian (half-elf) stands here, naked.
Ykor
Sojourner

Postby Ykor » Wed Jul 25, 2001 3:29 pm

I wont go into all the details of a certain death my shaman just had....but i too would vote for this idea:

mud preserves pcorpse for 24hrs...then:

IF pcorpse receives pres's within that time then normal rot occurs when all pres's would normally expire - and you can get a ress

IF pcorpse receives NO pres's within 24 hours it is a perm pcorpse and flagged as such - to be desposed of by the mud after 7 days...and you get no chance for ress.

Ykor

[This message has been edited by Ykor (edited 07-25-2001).]
Faedril
Sojourner

Postby Faedril » Wed Jul 25, 2001 5:03 pm

I have to agree with the intent of this thread. The Career does come first. My suggestion would be twofold: 1: have the corpse timer be a check to see if the char is logged on at the two hours + whatever preserves added since the death mark. If yes, corpse decays, toys on ground. If no, corpse does not decay until character logs back onto the mud. (At which point it restarts 2 hour base timer. Could be a logon check for Pfile to save mud resources.) You could then be !worry if something real life comes up. (Kind of like last night when my power went out at 9:30 PM and didn't come back on until 2:30 PM) Regardless, I think the point of this Thread is *extremely* valid.
Klurg
Sojourner

Postby Klurg » Sun Jul 29, 2001 6:09 pm

Call in sick baby call in sick!!!!!!

/Klurg

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”