For Trade!

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
kwirl
Sojourner

For Trade!

Postby kwirl » Mon Jul 23, 2001 3:45 pm

actually nothing, i was gonna post something, but then i changed my mind. i thought it would be funny, realized other people might not. oh well.

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 24, 2001 8:34 pm

Not a bad Idea.

How about a Trade BBS Shev?
Tzat
Sojourner

Postby Tzat » Tue Jul 24, 2001 8:42 pm

Some player(s) mentioned in another thread that they were setting up some websites for this and other purposes...an example is:
waterdeep.isyourtown.com
however it doesnt work yet.
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Tue Jul 24, 2001 9:37 pm

I'd rather a one-stop bbs than having to visit like 3-5 different sites. Image

Jurdex
Dornax
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Jul 24, 2001 9:59 pm

Whatever happened to the auction thing on the web site?

Sarvis
Jasix Prowlingwolf
Sojourner

Postby Jasix Prowlingwolf » Tue Jul 31, 2001 7:45 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tzat:
<B>Some player(s) mentioned in another thread that they were setting up some websites for this and other purposes...an example is:
waterdeep.isyourtown.com
however it doesnt work yet.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's coming Tzat!

Folur has started the Mithrilhall.isyourtown.com site and we will implament possible trade forum features when we have the go ahead from the forgers.

One thing i do know from last time is any web site for trade that is public on the net is not to include item stats. The admins have not said this to me but I am sure they will have the same attitude to stat posting online as before.

*would you like 100 other muds copying your equipment stats for stat?

stay tuned! YOUR hometown site should be built soon. (still looking for more interest in running said hometown sites)
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Tue Jul 31, 2001 1:12 pm

I still think it would be more sucessful to have one and only one spot for an equipment trade.
With no restrictions for trading between goods & evils, I don't see why this can't be the case.

Why would we want to have a specific trade site for beliur, for example? If you've vistied the beliur hometown and looked at the flea market board (which is located right at the entrance since the town is an awful maze), you would see only one post, and I think that is from last wipe!

In RL we don't have a seperate stock exchange for every major city. Although the argument could be made that all major nations have their own 'stock market', I still think that we should have just one trade location!

------------------
Nokie 'No you don't!! That belongs to me!' Quickfingers
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Jul 31, 2001 1:47 pm

Well, off the top of my head I can think of at least two American stock markets. NASDAQ and DOW. *shrug*

But that's not the point. Think about it, what we are talking about is more like the classifieds in your newspaper where people advertise junk they don't want. That is generally done by different local papers even in suburbs of the same city. Image

For our purposes, I wouldn't mind seeing the auction site come back that they had in Soj2. But I still kinda think good/evil trading shouldn't be allowed... *shrug*

Sarvis
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Tue Jul 31, 2001 1:58 pm

Actually I think you mean the NASDAQ and the NYSE. Thoe DOW is simply an index of a collection of 50? blue chip stocks. Two or three of which are now also from the NASDAQ.

But nonetheless, if we dilute the trading down too much across too many places, you will have a lot of places with no activity, and only force people to look at more than one place to see what the entire market is doing.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sarvis:
<B>Well, off the top of my head I can think of at least two American stock markets. NASDAQ and DOW. *shrug*

Sarvis</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Tue Jul 31, 2001 2:13 pm

If I was doing it (which I'm not, and hats off to those who are!), I'd make one site for all trades, and just have ppl put their preferred trading location on their post or put 'global' or something if they'll go anywhere. That way you don't have to check multiple sites and yet you still can weigh how much you want an item with how much you're willing to pay AND how far you want to walk. Image

Vadian is looking for a Silvery War Axe to call his own.
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Tue Jul 31, 2001 3:17 pm

DOW is 30, but who's counting.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”