Undead Pets

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Narkal
Sojourner

Undead Pets

Postby Narkal » Tue Aug 14, 2001 4:29 am

A person would think that once something has been brought back from the dead that they wouldn't be hampered by such a simple thing as darkness. Yet I have found that when Divlazz, my necro Image, brings things back from the dead, if he is in a dark room a light must be brought out for the undead to attack anything.

Now I can understand something like this for skeletons and zombies, for they are lesser undead, but for spectres? I would think they wouldn't have any problems. I have yet to have any experience with wraiths or ghouls. Is it the same with them? Am I the only person that sees this as strange?
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Tue Aug 14, 2001 5:50 am

All undead only have infra... to see without any light sources they would require ultravision. Although it's a pain sometimes, I prefer it this way because otherwise they'd also be blind in daylight which would (to the blind races) be a greater detriment.
Garosh
Sojourner

Postby Garosh » Tue Aug 14, 2001 2:09 pm

Been a while since i played a race with infravision..
but can you Order your followers something like:
Order followers attack 1.shape
Ubek
Sojourner

Postby Ubek » Tue Aug 14, 2001 4:35 pm

No, you cannot. It's really a strange thing. Some mobs cannot be attacked without a light source(mir forest has a few/war leaders also I think, can't remember exactly) I think a few ways around these were instead of ordering to kick/bash you'd order to hit. This gets annoying from 21-31, but after it isn't so much of an issue. Carrying a lightsource puts you on even grounds as a mob that does not see in the dark, which to me takes away from the few advantages of Ultravision.
Dezzex
Sojourner

Postby Dezzex » Tue Aug 14, 2001 10:57 pm

I was under the impression that the only things undead couldn't attack are those that didn't give off heat signatures. So things like shambling mounds, myconids, etc. would require you to pull out a light, while other beings that were "red shapes" were okay to target.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”