I'm glad I didn't throw my maps away!

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Mister Furious
Sojourner

I\'m glad I didn\'t throw my maps away!

Postby Mister Furious » Thu Sep 20, 2001 11:01 pm

I was played Sojourn 2 since day one and was on when it closed down for good. After hearing the horrible news that Sojourn wasn't coming back, I looked at the huge stack of graph paper maps I'd made and thought "Well, I guess I don't need these anymore.", but when I went to throw them away, I just couldn't do it. Maybe it was the voice in the back of my head saying that Sojourn may be back or maybe it was all the hard work I put into them and all the deaths that befell me from my wanderings, like the time I found out how Griffon's Nest got it's name or the time I was mapping around the moose and stumbled onto a demon who chased my ass all the way through GN to the outside of my guild and stood there waiting for me to come out. It finally occured to me that I could make a level one guy and map with him and it wouldn't matter if he got killed. Bonk me. Over the course of my playing, I developed quite the Sojourn atlas, though. I mapped all of Evermeet and Moonshae, I mapped from Griffon's Nest all the way down to the desert and then east to Dobluth Khor. I mapped east of Waterdeep to Bloodstone and all the area south of Black Griffon Road to Baldur's Gate. I also got a nice chunk of the Underdark mapped as well as almost every hometown. I had been planning on making a trip to Zhentil Keep and beyond to see what was out there when Sojourn 2 closed down. Now that Sojourn is back, I've decided to start playing again and dusted of my maps and thanking the gods that I didn't throw them out. I'm curious as to how accurate they are now, though. I know a lot of changes have been made to the mud. I know a hometown got moved north(the halfling town, maybe? it was the only good race town south of Baldur's Gate), but what else? Asside from a few alterations, is anything drasticly diffrent? And what about other changes? I know orcs were added, as well as illusionists and conjurers are going to be split into elemetalists. Theives and assassins are now combined into rogues, which is good. I know the Outcast system is gone which I don't really care for. I liked the idea of evil races and good being seperate. Besides, it was a lot of fun dropping eq in the south inn of BG, then logging on my evil in the north inn and praying like mad that the mud didn't crash or someone found my stuff before I got to it. And it was funny as hell the day I logged on my first shaman and thought "Where the hell am I? This isn't Griffon's Nest. Did one of my friends move my guy? This place looks familiar, though. It isn't WD or BG. Hmmm. Bloodstone, maybe? No, wait...I know! It's Viperstounge! I'm an outcast! DOH!!!". Can good and evil races group together now or just trade? Is there anything else majorly changed?

Mister Furious

"People who don't close their mouths when they chew make me furious!"
Kiloppile
Sojourner

Postby Kiloppile » Thu Sep 20, 2001 11:30 pm

Goods/evils can't group. You can trade eq however.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Sep 21, 2001 10:17 am

I cant read that... its the neverending paragraph.

Corth

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”