Addicts please post

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Tue Mar 27, 2001 6:29 pm

one of the funniest things i remember from lately, is Kyse talking about almost getting fragged in rl

i was laughing so hard the tears streamed from my eyes

dunno if i have as much ptime as you all .. but ...... my life has suffered dramatically ... my house is a WRECK .. too busy zoning or raiding to clean ...

the stupid things i have done ... I screwed up my marriage ... hadda seek counseling...

bah Welcome to Sojourn..... :P:P
Jenera
Sojourner

Postby Jenera » Wed Mar 28, 2001 12:35 am

I once asked my study partner in my history elective class if she memmed the spells for the exam....

*DOH*

:P

*passes the candle*

hi, my name is jenera, and im a mudaholic...
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Mar 29, 2001 5:00 pm

hmm... any of the rest of you have any tricks for coping? :P

*sigh* always lookin' for a loophole.
Karikhan
Sojourner

Postby Karikhan » Thu Mar 29, 2001 5:05 pm

*em holds the candle close to her eyes*

forgetting to pick up my kids after a school function, being a 1/2 hour late because i couldn't get outta the zone (dammit jenlia i said wall WEST not south)...
then when i finally arrived to pic up my child ... i LIED and said my computer time was wrong

another time i was late cause of the mud i said i had fallen asleep watching TV

*em sighs deeply and passes the candle on*
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Mar 29, 2001 5:59 pm

Ouch Karikhan, lying to the children due to over-playing a MUD?

On many occasions I've said 'nod' to someone in response. I'm still curious what exactly nogging is..

Nog nog, who's there?

Yayaril
Marforp
Sojourner

Postby Marforp » Thu Mar 29, 2001 7:19 pm

How about talking to people about various games and just using the simple term "eq" "mobs", etc... everyone always looks at me with a WTF look.

Marforp / Sasdor
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Oct 18, 2001 2:17 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moritheil:
<B>hmm... any of the rest of you have any tricks for coping? :P

*sigh* always lookin' for a loophole.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

grrr... STILL no HELP? =(
Kasula
Sojourner

Postby Kasula » Thu Oct 18, 2001 6:43 am

im so addicted to sj/toril that i took crack to keep me up to mud when i would get tried... now im addicted to crack and to mudding...

j/k
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Thu Oct 18, 2001 8:20 am

100+ hours, but i wouldnt recomend my methods

[This message has been edited by Turxx (edited 10-18-2001).]
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Oct 18, 2001 9:48 am

i know someone who got a .5 gpa on 12 credits
i spent 22 straight hours in a zone called hate on everquest. There have been times when i cant sleep because im thinking up new triggers, contemplating classes, races, eq, ect... ive probably logged 100 days. i failed a few classes for mud, missed a lot of sleep, made some friends prolly lost some friends. mud is rl, but mud cant feed you, take care of you when your sick, or pay your bills unless you work at everquest.

on buying houses
dont buy the shittiest house in any situation or youll end up being unable to sell it when you need to or take a huge loss. Buy something in the middle. Look at sales in your neigborhood and appraisals, and do the research look at minimum 5 years of data. Look at population statistics, zoning, and check with city government on the plans for the next 10 years. You get what you put into it. my house already gained 15% in value over 2 years, and the cities it is between are booming. i rent it for 80% of my payment and pay as little as i can for rent in the mean time.

down payments are a bitch, banks are the devil. houses need a lot of upkeep too, dont forget that when trying to figure out if you can afford one. dont buy too much house, dont skimp on the down payment. you can save a lot of money in interest rates and loan insurance if you can put more down.
Rethan
Sojourner

Postby Rethan » Fri Oct 19, 2001 11:54 pm

hmmm addict...yes yes!
I completely destroyed my years at the university because of soj/toril. I once went to class early (08.30), left class after about 10 minutes and went down to the computer labs instead. Then i sat there to 7 in the evening the day after. MUDding about 35 hours straight without any major breaks. I did about 4-5 trips to jot, 2 brass and LOTS of other zones hehe. Well anyway it was my mothers birthday that 2nd day so i had to leave the lab and go visit my parents house. The first thing i did when i got there was to fall asleep on their couch. I slept the whole night and most of the day after. I can tell you i was pretty hungry when i woke up. After i had eaten i called one of my friends at school. He asked my right away if id like to tag along to school and help him level his conjurer. What do you think i said?

We sat there all night! Image

Addicted? Well...maybe a little then? Image

hehe

- Rethan
Turxx
Sojourner

Postby Turxx » Sat Oct 20, 2001 7:33 pm

isnt the term muddict?

im not a muddict....maybe thats a lie
Vipplin
Sojourner

Postby Vipplin » Sun Oct 21, 2001 12:58 pm

I probably play only 12-24 hours per week about. I used to play much more. Despite the fact that I've pulled the throttle back, my wife at least once per week says, "You do realize that this is an addiction?"

Wives are always right, right? *whistle*

I get up on Saturday and Sunday at about 5am so I can get some hours in before the family awakens! That's not addiction, it's dedication! I don't have a problem! Really!

Vadian
Ranon
Sojourner

Postby Ranon » Mon Oct 22, 2001 3:57 pm

Heh, addict? I don't consider myself one anymore, but back in original Toril days, a little bit pre, and a LOT post-first-wipe I had about 150 days of playtime Image Just like Santego said, used to break into the labs (where mudding was prohibited) and mud on black and white screen on old old mac system. I did screw up my school, but not to extend where I got kicked out! But yeah, we used to mud 40+ hours straight, groups would sometimes take 16+ hours to do a zone, a good example comes to mind is when we went with like maybe 9 people to Brass, took us around 16 hours to complete with 213423423423423 deaths of course Image Then again the mud has changed so much, i might get called a twink Image
xa
Sojourner

Postby xa » Mon Oct 22, 2001 5:53 pm

heh i used to compare like people in my life to what they would be mud wise my dad was like a 50 dorf warrior also people just walkin around like if i really didnt like someone that guys like a 17 pallie heh used to answer people at work with nog, they used to be like what the hell is that? i'd tell em it's an evil nod :P heh btw yaya, i think (not sure heh) a nog is the opposite of a nod a nod is head going down nog is head going up Image scientific evalutions on the nog brought to you by xa... :P

[This message has been edited by xa (edited 10-22-2001).]

[This message has been edited by xa (edited 10-22-2001).]
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Oct 22, 2001 6:30 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yayaril:
<B>Ouch Karikhan, lying to the children due to over-playing a MUD?

On many occasions I've said 'nod' to someone in response. I'm still curious what exactly nogging is..

Nog nog, who's there?

Yayaril</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"nog" as I define it, is when you tilt your head up instead of down. I know there are other words for that, but it's nice to have a RL definition for nog Image
xa
Sojourner

Postby xa » Mon Oct 22, 2001 7:59 pm

ya what i said 88P *freaky alien sticking his tongue at you.. ewww!)
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Tue Oct 23, 2001 11:44 pm

bleh, I posted that years ago on the last incarnation of the bbs... at least. Possibly even a lil earlier. :P
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Wed Oct 24, 2001 12:30 am

Really? I always thought 'nog' was just like 'nod,' but with a 'g.' *blush*

Anyways, I literally force myself not to log on these days. School is too important, and with 18 credit hours and 2 part time jobs I just can't justify it. Of course, I spend all my non-mudding time checking these bbs's... Image

I remember when I got suspended from college (partly due to mudding, but mostly due to me being a lazy bastard Image ) I just spent the next 3 weeks until I had to move out of my apartment mudding. I'd only sleep during the muds downtime... from like 8 or 9am till noon... heh.

And once I had a dream in all text. It wasn't about sojourn or anything, but everything that happened was just colored text on a black zmud window! Image

Sarvis
Mishre
Sojourner

Postby Mishre » Wed Oct 24, 2001 8:07 am

lol.. Ive had a few of those zmud dreams Image unfortunatly i could never read what was going on.. it was just colored text slowly scolling..as if i was mudding..

I can't possibly be an addict.. most i ever spend on at at time is about 6 hours.. and then i get bored for awhile (like now i can hardly stand playing 1 or 2 hours every other night)... dunno what draws you guys to this game so much..id rather enjoy rl things than fancy colored text on a screen that can all be deleted with a blink of an eye.. (learned this after on a different mud that i used to spend 100s of hours on all my chars were deleted for doing something as little as taunting a high level char over chat).. just not worth it.. try to find something else to do.. and when all else fail resort to computer games Image
xa
Sojourner

Postby xa » Wed Oct 24, 2001 5:32 pm

heh computer games just arent the same Image i know i've tried

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”