Confiscations at your local airport!

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Ssarra
Sojourner

Confiscations at your local airport!

Postby Ssarra » Mon Nov 05, 2001 9:48 pm

I saw in another thread where someone lost their tweezers to airport security and I wanted to post this. It's insane.

Three weeks ago I was flying to Providence, RI for a job interview and my father was flying to Indiana. We had the same flight outta town to Cinncinati, so we flew together. Well, my father walks on up to security, puts his bag on the x-ray belt, and walks right through. No problem. So I walk up, put my bag on, and all hell breaks loose. I had a finger nail file. Keep reading, it gets better. Well, they tell me to open my bags. I had one of those cheap locks on there for the hell of it, and left the key at home on accident. So I asked the lady if she had something I could pry it open with. She said no. I looked at my father and asked him. Remember, he was already through security. So he opens his carry on bag, and whips out a 2 inch pocket knife and hands it to me. I pop my lock, and hand him the knife back. Now the lady was watching this the entire time, mind you. So she watches my dad put his knife back in his carryon, while I'm getting the nail file. I hand her the file, she looks at me and my father and says "Yall have a good trip!"

Now that's some real tight airport security. Of course, we were flying on a little plane out of Columbia, SC, so I guess they weren't to worried..... but still, kinda screwed up.

Ssarra/Cordan
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Mon Nov 05, 2001 10:28 pm

South Carolina, eh? Methinks the aberration was that you had a nail file. If you want to fix your nails, you clean them first with the tip of a knife, preferably a bowie knife. Then you trim them with scissors.

- Grungar "Are we there yet?" Forgefire
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Nov 06, 2001 12:31 am

I use a live and angry crocodile to trim my nails.. *FLEX*

Yayaril
Elseenas
Sojourner

Postby Elseenas » Tue Nov 06, 2001 2:47 am

They wouldn't allow someone I know to bring a calligraphy set aboard because of the nibs.

------------------

Elseenas of No House Worth Mentioning
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Tue Nov 06, 2001 4:58 am

Anyone with a calligraphy set is suspect.

- Grungar "Oh, so you're better'n us with your fancy-schmancy squiggly letters and all" Forgefire
Ssarra
Sojourner

Postby Ssarra » Tue Nov 06, 2001 12:46 pm

I figured I'd leave my bowie knife home, I'd figured they take that. But after that trip, seems their only confiscating personal care products, so I figure big knives are ok to take.
Nitania
Sojourner

Postby Nitania » Tue Nov 06, 2001 8:04 pm

I heard about some lady in the chicago area who couldnt take her hair dryer....

whats she gonna do? Blow them with warm air to death??? It wasnt even a full sized blow dryer, it was the travel size.

sheesh

I'm GLAD they tightened security but MUST we have bad hair too?

Nitania
(edited because i didnt want to be made fun of)

[This message has been edited by Nitania (edited 11-06-2001).]

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 06, 2001 8:33 pm

Blow me to death? when do we get to that!!! Image
Jurdex
Sojourner

Postby Jurdex » Wed Nov 07, 2001 1:01 am

Those with bad hair should not be allowed to fly. It is as simple as that.

Dornax
Jurdex
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Nov 08, 2001 4:12 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Laduguer:
Blow me to death? when do we get to that!!! Image</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe... family mud? Well, I guess kids would know better than to read this bbs anyhow Image
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Nov 08, 2001 5:14 pm

Family mud? Since when did they pretend to be a family mud?

::Ashiwi looks around, shocked, as somebody somewhere within the Waterdeep area yells, "Yeah, well piss off, asshole!"::
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Nov 08, 2001 6:53 pm

yep fear the mighty mechanical pencil. was advised to pack that in the suitcase or it might get confiscated. not to mention that, but once i actually got past the boarding gate and got in line for the last minute inspection 3 or 4 people just walked past the inspection table and 3 inspectors and the "guard." umm can anyone say waste of time. oh yea and we got chopsticks and metal forks with our meals.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Nov 16, 2001 5:20 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashiwi:
<B>Family mud? Since when did they pretend to be a family mud?

::Ashiwi looks around, shocked, as somebody somewhere within the Waterdeep area yells, "Yeah, well piss off, asshole!"::</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen a lot worse than that in other towns Image a LOT worse.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”