IQ Test

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Blung
Sojourner

IQ Test

Postby Blung » Wed Dec 12, 2001 11:47 pm

IQ Test

Intelligence Test Instructions:
Write each of your answers down, it makes a difference! You will be allowed 10 minutes to complete the test. Write your answers in the spaces provided. Are you ready? What is the time?

Start.

1) Some months have 30 days,some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days? ____________________
2) If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all the pills had been taken? ____________________

3) I went to bed at eight o'clock in the evening and wound up my clock and set the alarm to sound at nine o'clock in the morning. How many hours sleep would I get before being awoken by the alarm? ____________________

4) Divide 30 by half and add ten. What do you get?____________________

5) A farmer had 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many live sheep were left? ___________________

6) If you had only one match and entered a COLD and DARK room, where there was an oil heater, an oil lamp and a candle, which would you light first? ____________________

7) A man builds a house with four sides of rectangular construction, each side having a southern exposure. A big bear comes along. What color is the bear? ____________________

8) Take 2 apples from 3 apples. What do you have? ___________________

9) How many animals of each species did Moses take with him in the Ark? ____________________

10) If you drove a bus with 43 people on board from Chicago and stopped at Pittsburg to pick up 7 more people and drop off 5 passengers and at Cleveland to drop off 8 passengers and pick up 4 more and eventually arrive at Philadelphia 20 hours later, what's the name of the driver? ____________________
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Dec 13, 2001 12:05 am

not ready, 7pm, all months, blarr!

Image I gots work to do...
Abbayarra
Sojourner

Postby Abbayarra » Thu Dec 13, 2001 1:57 am

1) All of them
2) 1 hour
3) 1 hour
4) 70
5) 9 alive
6) match
7) Huh? Brown?
8) 2
9) none
10) My own :P
Gindipple
Sojourner

Postby Gindipple » Thu Dec 13, 2001 3:33 am

Where on this planet can you build a house where each side has a souther exposure?
1 place
And the bears would likely be white in that case.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Dec 15, 2001 2:09 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gindipple:
<B>Where on this planet can you build a house where each side has a souther exposure?
1 place
And the bears would likely be white in that case.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

veto, no bears there. Hehe.
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Sat Dec 15, 2001 4:32 am

*veto Moritheil's veto*

North pole, everywhere but up is considered 'south'. Polar bears, composing phase III of my plan to enslave the earth (don't ask, cuz I won't tell), regularly kick it at the North pole.

- Grungar "I put the ytical in analytical... Wait, how's that go again?" Forgefire
Thurg
Sojourner

Postby Thurg » Sun Dec 16, 2001 12:07 am

7 is white, the north pole

------------------
Thurg, Zossonnarr
Dormithel
Sojourner

Postby Dormithel » Mon Dec 17, 2001 3:38 pm

ok think the answer to #5 is 8

this make sense to anyone?
Nikelon
Sojourner

Postby Nikelon » Mon Dec 17, 2001 3:59 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dormithel:
<B>ok think the answer to #5 is 8

this make sense to anyone?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe, no, the answer to number 5 is 9. If he had 17 and all but 9 died, then 9 would still be alive because they didn't die...get it? Image

-Nikelon
Valke
Sojourner

Postby Valke » Mon Dec 17, 2001 7:16 pm

Ok, I thought 7 was simple along with most, but wtf?, can someone explain #4, its got me stumped, and like the rest its probobly in the reading, but i cant see it!!
Nida
Sojourner

Postby Nida » Mon Dec 17, 2001 7:32 pm

Divide 30 by 1/2-- you're dividing, so you invert the fraction, therefore multiplying 30 by 2/1.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Dec 17, 2001 7:32 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Valke:
Ok, I thought 7 was simple along with most, but wtf?, can someone explain #4, its got me stumped, and like the rest its probobly in the reading, but i cant see it!!</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
30 / (1/2) = 60
60 + 10 = 70
when dividing by fractions, you can just multiply by its reciprocal instead. for example, dividing by half = multiplying by 2
Valke
Sojourner

Postby Valke » Mon Dec 17, 2001 8:01 pm

Wow!!! Im really bad at math Image Ok i learned something today, thanks guys!!! Image
Grungar
Sojourner

Postby Grungar » Mon Dec 17, 2001 8:04 pm

Divide BY half is different from divide IN half. Divide in half means divide by 2. Divide BY half is a tricky way of saying divide by .5. So essentially, multiply 30 by 2 and add 10.

- Grungar "Yeah" Forgefire
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Mon Dec 17, 2001 10:39 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Blung:
<B>IQ Test

Intelligence Test Instructions:
Write each of your answers down, it makes a difference! You will be allowed 10 minutes to complete the test. Write your answers in the spaces provided. Are you ready? What is the time?

Start.

1) Some months have 30 days,some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days?

all of them

2) If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all the pills had been taken? ____________________

60 minutes from the time you took the first to the time you took the third ie all gone

3) I went to bed at eight o'clock in the evening and wound up my clock and set the alarm to sound at nine o'clock in the morning. How many hours sleep would I get before being awoken by the alarm? ____________________

even if he fell asleep right after he set his alrarm he would get LESS than 13 hours of sleep, if he didnt go to sleep he would get 0

4) Divide 30 by half and add ten. What do you get?____________________

5) A farmer had 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many live sheep were left?

6) If you had only one match and entered a COLD and DARK room, where there was an oil heater, an oil lamp and a candle, which would you light first? ____________________

the match

7) A man builds a house with four sides of rectangular construction, each side having a southern exposure. A big bear comes along. What color is the bear? ____________________

white

8) Take 2 apples from 3 apples. What do you have? ___________________

if you took them 2, if somone else took them 0

9) How many animals of each species did Moses take with him in the Ark?

MOses didnt build/take animals on the ark

10) If you drove a bus with 43 people on board from Chicago and stopped at Pittsburg to pick up 7 more people and drop off 5 passengers and at Cleveland to drop off 8 passengers and pick up 4 more and eventually arrive at Philadelphia 20 hours later, what's the name of the driver?

you

</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Dec 17, 2001 10:47 pm

On #4... the answer could also be 12, considering the logic. 30 divide by half could also equate to 30/15, 15 being half of 30. Actually, it would make more sense that way, considering it takes an assumption to get "half" = .5 when the question does not specify half of 1.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Dec 17, 2001 10:50 pm

Heh, I laugh at my own logic, too. But you can figger out what I meant and it still makes sense.

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”