who is in everquest?

Archive of the Sojourn3 General Discussion Forum.
Vazzgo
Sojourner

who is in everquest?

Postby Vazzgo » Tue Dec 25, 2001 9:16 am

just got it and wonder if anyone i know plays it Image.. btw wich server? im confused of wich i should choose since there are several and rules are different!

Vazzgo/Mokzaan
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Tue Dec 25, 2001 7:17 pm

everquest blows

dark age of camelot a better game
cherzra
Sojourner

Postby cherzra » Tue Dec 25, 2001 7:19 pm

and sojourn is even better!
Nikelon
Sojourner

Postby Nikelon » Tue Dec 25, 2001 8:25 pm

What are you crazy??? Paying to mud!
And don't say, "Well, Everquest has graphics." ---- All you need is a good imagination and some visualization to immerse yourself in the magic of Sojourn...

-Nikelon Tharton
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Dec 26, 2001 5:51 am

i used to play kiryan the 53 gnome cleric on veeshan
Taegost
Sojourner

Postby Taegost » Wed Dec 26, 2001 12:07 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nikelon:
<B>What are you crazy??? Paying to mud!
And don't say, "Well, Everquest has graphics." ---- All you need is a good imagination and some visualization to immerse yourself in the magic of Sojourn...

-Nikelon Tharton</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny you should mention that... My sister is up from Florida with her g/f and the 3 kids they have between them, all of which are like, 10-12... They really liked watching me play Diablo II, and then I got online and starting MUD'ing... They were like "What are you doing now?"
So I said "Playing a game"
"Diablo II?"
"No, Diablo II has graphics, this doesn't"
"So, what's the point? It's not even a game!"
That's when I kicked them out of the room for blasphemy and started a mass slaughter in BGR... They came back, and I told them "Bet you can't do THAT in those sissy games they make now... Graphics my left nostril, all I need is adventure, camraderie, and steel on steel. The stuff of legends! Right, Boo?"
And then I played the Minsc Rap....
"Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes!!!"

------------------
Taegost, The one and ONLY STUPER DRUID(tm)
Grintor
Sojourner

Postby Grintor » Thu Dec 27, 2001 12:02 am

actually everquest and dark age of camelot are quite well done games, and are vastly different from sojourn.

you get the added benefit of the graphics, and HUGE worlds, and TONS of people to play with.

but on the bad side you have graphices (need good vid cards/ram/system bus), huge worlds (time eater), and tons of players (evercamp)

dark age of camelot has realm vs. realm player killing. huge siege battles with weapons you build like catapults and battering rams and you have assassins and archers and armsman and theurgist and the merlin-y types. it rocks.

me and drabyl and lur play it now. i hear zrax and a few others also play on the igraine server.
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Thu Dec 27, 2001 5:15 am

Actually, theme aside, Sojourn(as a whole) and Everquest have a lot of similarities. Or did when I played. It really showed through that a few of the developers for EQ played Sojourn prior to joining Verant/producing EQ.

I played EQ for about a year and a half. There are -too- many people for the zones that there were, even back then. I shudder to think what it is now. I had a 53 monk, Davram Bashere(yes, totally ripped off name), on the Cazic-Thule server. I sold him when I got royally backstabbed by people I thought were friends, which erupted in a knock-down-drag-out war. Kinda sucked, and was actually a cool starting block for me to start taking a look at some of my massive control problems.. But I digress.

I sold Davram for $1100.00 USD, and my 52 Druid, Lilsin Lightningwolf for an additional $300.00 USD.

Best money I ever made. Image

It's fun for a while, and if you own it, I highly recommend allakhazam's site if you're into spoilers or just hints. Definitely check it out if you have the system, and can afford the monthly fees. I still think Sojourn is superior in many ways, but graphics are nice for those massive downtimes... I have fond memories of watching my friend Katrinana pull her pants off her elven butt repeatedly in front of us, crouching and doing dances. Of course, using Roger Wilco is a must. Talking voice is so much easier than typing sometimes... And much faster. Image

Happy gaming!

Return to “S3 General Discussion Archive”