Justice

Stuck? Have a question? Ask here!
Laralas
Sojourner

Justice

Postby Laralas » Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:35 pm

Let me understand this, I was teleporting around WD the other day and teleported into a room that had some mercenary guy in it. I looked at him, he was wearing a shield and wielding a dagger. Then he started casting a spell. I thought to myself, cool someplace in WD that i have never been befo...

*** Welcome to Sojourn ***

Opps...it seems the spell casting mercenary is also a sneaky thief. No biggie, you live and you learn. After sending in an army of Fire Elementals I was able to retrieve me corpse, I figured it would go remem and lick my wounds when all of a sudden I get arrested by the frickin RDF! It seems that I somehow commited a crime by getting killed with one backstab. Yep, that would be considered attempted murder per the Judge, and he is charging me 180 plat as a fine, thats 1/2 my total plat!

WTF?

Is this correct? Is this type of thing being looked at? If I keep my nose clean can I get away with not paying the fine or after 30 days will I be arrested again?

Help

Laralas
Lazus
Sojourner

Postby Lazus » Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:49 pm

Well, if you do not pay the fine, you will then be wanted in Waterdeep. The RDF will not actively seek you out, except if you try to kill someone or commit another crime.

If you go to the judge and type "list" you can see if you're wanted. If you do not pay your fine, your name will join theirs, and next to it say "No payment of debt." and there will be a 15 platinum reward for your capture.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post them.
Lazus Al'Medin
High Morninglord of Lathander
Newbie Helper Extrordinairre
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon Mar 31, 2003 7:30 pm

Laralas,

I think you teleported into the Mercenary guildhall. Some guildhalls do not allow members of other classes within their walls in WD (not sure if it's all or just some that have this restriction). You may say, "Well, mercenary is not a possible class on Sojourn." Well, you're right, but it used to be a class here, along with Conjurers, Monks, Assassins, Thieves and maybe a couple others. For your trespass into the now-defunct guildhall, you were smoted. Whether just being there and fighting the mercenary was considered an attempt at murdering him (even though he threw the first punch so to speak) or later when you sent in the elementals, you committed a crime within Waterdeep. Sometimes curiosity really does kill the cat. :)
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:32 pm

Actually, I think I've killed that guy a few times. He's a pain to solo.

I concur with Lazus in that sending in the ellies probably triggered justice.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'

justice

Postby guest » Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:30 pm

how does one actually capture a wanted person for reward?
Lazus
Sojourner

Postby Lazus » Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:15 pm

At the moment I believe that justice is broken, but to catch a wanted person, go to the judge and type list. He will display everyone's name who is wanted, and what the reward is for their capture. Next, you'll buy a rope (or two, they break!) from the store 1e1n of Market Square. Next, hunt down your target, hold your rope (with nothing in your other hand), and tieup <criminalname>. Now just drag them to the judge by using drag <criminalname> s, drag <criminalname> e, and so on. When you get to the judge turnin and you're done!

These commands are all outlined in help justice as well.

Don't break the law! Newbies are out in force to catch you! This means you Toarn! :P

Lazus

Return to “NHC: New Player Help”