outcast

Stuck? Have a question? Ask here!
irta

outcast

Postby irta » Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:14 pm

When you are outcast from a city (for me Leuthilspar), does that mean the guards will attack you if they see you, guards will hunt you down even if they don't see you, or that everyone in the city will try and kill you and/or shout for the guards?

I'm interested in exploring the city of the elves, but naturally I don't want to die. Thanks.

Irta
Lazus
Sojourner

Postby Lazus » Fri Mar 28, 2003 8:01 pm

First of all, Hooray for you for wanting to explore! Exploring is the single best way to learn the mud. Any higher level people will tell you that.

As far as your question goes, when you are outcast from a town, if you enter that town, before long (usually between 2 and 10 seconds) you'll see an echo "Alarm bells sound, signalling an invasion." I'm afraid that is what will happen if you attempt to explore Leuthilspar. There are a few ways around this, but I won't get into them right now. The cold hard fact in this, is that the elves of Leuthilspar are very ethnocentric, and if you don't my use of the word, they're bigots. The elves don't let any "un-clean" races into their city, and even very grudgingly let Half-Elves in.

Hope that helps,
Lazus Al'Medin
High Morninglord of Lathander
Newbie Helper Extrordinairre
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:13 pm

In the case of Leuthlispar, the half dozen or so guards would hand you your elemental rear first and then bother to summon the elite invasion guards. Leuthlispar is quite unfriendly at times.

-Zenriel
Laralas
Sojourner

Postby Laralas » Mon Mar 31, 2003 3:47 pm

Just on a side note, those wacky barbarians feel the same way about us elves. I caused all kinda of havok when I learned that lesson. Aren't we all 'good' races?

-Laralas
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:23 pm

The difference is that elves are welcome inside the barbarian city, just not inside the longhall. In fact, only barbarians are allowed in the clanhall. Just being GN doesn't get you killed, just being in Leuthlispar is begging for a beating.

-Zen
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:23 am

i think i just thought of an idea for prestige...i know wrong place but why not make it so that after one gets a certain amount of prestiege they could be granted a DAYTIME pass into luilth...ill post this again on ideas...
but any way yes us elves are verry stingy about who we let in.
i dont know what your problem is, but i bet its hard to pronounce

myspace.com/tgchef
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:37 pm

I may not be there at the moment, but...

Stay offa mah island!!!!
Kribble
Sojourner

Postby Kribble » Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:10 pm

Wow, Amolol that is a really, really cool idea...

or how about a quest for a !rent badge/pass to enter a city, clanhall, etc that you're normally not allowed into? Could do some fun stuff with that!

(Golf clap for Amolol's idea, I'm impressed)
Friends > All.
-Cap'n Touk

Return to “NHC: New Player Help”