Can't Practice?

Stuck? Have a question? Ask here!
Benak
Sojourner

Can't Practice?

Postby Benak » Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:01 pm

Okay, I'm probably the biggest newb here, not even have played MUDs before, so get ready...

How come when I try to practice at my guild hall the "war master" guy says that I don't need to practice that skill any more? I'm level 2 now, and I haven't been able to practice any of my skills yet because of this. When I just type "practice" it lists all my skills, and they're all about 16(bad). The war master also says something that I should be "warming up" but maybe that's just scripted chatter.

Am I doing something wrong?

(I'm having TONS of fun MUD'ing btw) :D

Thank you!
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:09 pm

Your skill limits are related to your level, they can be practiced by use or at your guild hall IF your level based skill limit is higher than your current skill level. It is also important to not that your master can only train you so far in any given skill, in order to hit your maximum for that skill at your level, you have to get out and use that skill.

Hope that helps.

-Llandrien
Benak
Sojourner

Postby Benak » Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:19 pm

Thanks for the reply Zen. But, shouldn't I be able to train it... even a little bit? He hasn't let me do ANYTHING. Sheesh... it's like he thinks my character is a natural born killer or something. :wink:
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:59 pm

If I remember correctly, it takes a couple levels before your guild master will train you in anything. Until then you only improve through using the skills.
Benak
Sojourner

Postby Benak » Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:04 pm

Thanks guys... I guess I just have to be more patient. Thanks for trying to help me escape from my newbdom.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:35 pm

No problem. Ask away, thats how you learn stuff about the game :)

Return to “NHC: New Player Help”