I'm Stumped

Stuck? Have a question? Ask here!
Zowa
Sojourner

I'm Stumped

Postby Zowa » Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:35 pm

Bring on the jokes and laughter, but as far as knowing where hwat is I'm still a close to noob at level 39. I'm a Troll Warrior and stumped as to where I can level. I know about the Raven ship, Smuggler ship, and DS. I am also beginning to notice that I need to be in a group to kill anything worth anything for experience. Is this about right?

And does anyone have any suggestions on where else I could go to possibly solo and get halfway decent experience?

Thanks
Zowa Krunch Dwarf
Zowa Krunch Dwarf

-Eat them all I Say-
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:02 pm

There's some apprentice mages in meilech if your bash is good enough. Might want to bring a bard(battlechanter).
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Marforp
Sojourner

Postby Marforp » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:34 pm

In short you have hit a level where exp starts getting harder to do solo. With DS and ship^2 you definately need more then just you. Assuming you have decent ac and can deal some damage you still have some options. Pure cleric mobs tend to be the easiest (assuming you can bash) and can find two in the tower north of WD and there you have the bonus of other mobs if you can find a stoner. For other choices, IC may be good to try and as always their are options for mobs in DK.

As a troll warrior you have been lucky. Your regen and good agility made soloing up to 39 a real possibility now you will see how it is for the less fortunate (i.e. always having to find a group)

Marforp (a.k.a. Lalokiple / Sasdor)
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:13 pm

HP Passengers (and most other HP mobs), DK War Leaders and Archer captain, GH Settlement, BGR, IC if you feel like the walk ...

In short i pretty much levelled my troll warrior to lvl 45 solo doing just this stuff, with mostly mid level equipment (yes a FEW nice items)

pretty much take a chanter or cleric with you, or take your time solo to kill a mob and regen ....
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:43 pm

Actually, I recommend starting to zone. A decent mid-sized zone done with an appropriate group should provide minimal risk and allow you to kill things far above your level, while teaching you how to explore.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:17 pm

damn mori :P by now she is lvl 50 and has 5 alts :)
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:38 pm

u can solo to 50 as a troll warrior with no problem. just need -100ac, an ebony and some patience to glance mobs.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:55 am

Mori is a slow reader leave him alone!

Pril :o
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:29 pm

Ambar wrote:damn mori :P by now she is lvl 50 and has 5 alts :)

Then she REALLY ought to be zoning.

Besides, who's to say others won't have the same question?
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'

Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'

Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:26 pm

moritheil wrote:
Ambar wrote:damn mori :P by now she is lvl 50 and has 5 alts :)

Then she REALLY ought to be zoning.

Besides, who's to say others won't have the same question?

hehe my point was that thread is LONG dead ... her original post was 3 months ago you goob :P

-Italian Proverb
Zowa
Sojourner

i'm still here

Postby Zowa » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:29 pm

By some miracle I'm not level 50 yet, I keep dying when I try and go explorer (it really sucks). But I do have a few alts. From lvl 39 I made it to 47 by, yes, zoning and getting groups together, and a bunch of soloing in meilich, ds, and places like that.

thanks for all your suggestions :) they helped a lot
Zowa Krunch Dwarf

-Eat them all I Say-
Ambar
Sojourner

Re: i'm still here

Postby Ambar » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:35 am

Zowa wrote:By some miracle I'm not level 50 yet, I keep dying when I try and go explorer (it really sucks). But I do have a few alts. From lvl 39 I made it to 47 by, yes, zoning and getting groups together, and a bunch of soloing in meilich, ds, and places like that.

thanks for all your suggestions :) they helped a lot

hugs sweetie keep up the good work! it's people like you that keep the blood moving on the mud!

-Italian Proverb
Eyub

Postby Eyub » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:09 pm

I'm finding the same problem as a 38 lvl Noob. I've had some good success going solo up to now, but find the road real slow now. Any suggestions on where a "Goodie" elementalist can find xps? I'd like to explore, but don't really know much besides WD area, IC, and area south of BG. I must admit I was spending alot of time focusing on making dough to buy auction eq, so my lack of area knowledge is likely a self-inflicted wound

irta
Sojourner

Postby irta » Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:53 pm

Eyub wrote:I'm finding the same problem as a 38 lvl Noob. I've had some good success going solo up to now, but find the road real slow now. Any suggestions on where a "Goodie" elementalist can find xps? I'd like to explore, but don't really know much besides WD area, IC, and area south of BG. I must admit I was spending alot of time focusing on making dough to buy auction eq, so my lack of area knowledge is likely a self-inflicted wound

As an ele, even a level 38, you have a pretty wide range of choices. With pwb, ice tongue, and your eles, you can pretty safely solo most non-tracking mobs. As far as mobs that give good xp at your level, ferns and forest giants in DS are both favorites of me (although with your limited number of pwbs it'll may take a few memming out sessions until you land them on the giants). The northern ferns are especially good for mindless xp as since they don't switch there is essentially zero chance of dying (don't wield a non-cursed daggers though). They are not quite as good xp as the giants but this is more then made up by the lack of work involved in killing them. I'd recommend killing them both and once you are able to do this fast enough to beat the pop, fill in the time remaining to pop killing giants. Repeat for a long time.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:54 pm

only trouble with the northern ferns is that the one is a rogue and will wield daggers, leave the room, hide, come back in and stab the shit outta you :) so blinding is a must :)

yeah DS and ship are your best bets at lvl 39, or grab a voker and a cleric and do smoke xp ...

also check out the fog giants in meilich area, they do not assist and are blondable ...

you can also check out monestary .. i know high paladins that still do xp there at rather high levels

another place is in HP there is a pirate ship that doesnt move ... try passengers (they dont see invis but make sure you have teleports memmed for the occasional door closing)

-Italian Proverb
Demuladon
Sojourner

Postby Demuladon » Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:22 am

Ambar wrote:
fog giants in meilich area, they do not assist and are blondable ...

I've never played a goodie, but I heard it's best to group with an elf before trying to blond the fog giants.

(couldn't resist :)
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:38 pm

duh demu ... i typo .... if you know me you know this ... nothing new here :)

i have aliases for aliases so i dont typo spells .... duh :)

-Italian Proverb
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:32 pm

Recent code changes permit opening doors whilst in combat, btw.

Yeah, be careful exploring.
There are tactics that can help, like knowing the route behind you, learning the edges of zones, using pets, potions etc.

As troll warrior you can sweep many places, BGR, IC, lower monastery, Some of Zhentil Keep, Dusk Road, some of TB, some of TF etc.
BEER
Eyub

Postby Eyub » Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:06 pm

Thanks all, great information.

I found that my problems stemmed from lack of proper technique - I hadn't even learned PW Blind... Sunlireal sat me down and provided outstanding instruction on how to/what to do. Brought out a whole new level of play and I'm 30% toward 41st. Wow what a difference a little knowledge makes :)

I've been killing the 4 ferns and the monestary guards with very nice results. The fog giants sound interesting...where is Meilich?
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:13 pm

Head east from road crossing, into the Evermoors, it's in there, northish.

Return to “NHC: New Player Help”