Cannot Connect

Stuck? Have a question? Ask here!

Cannot Connect

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:18 am

I am having a problem. A friend of mine told me about this game, so I dedided to check it out. Now I cannot connect, I have tried the connect from DOS link on the homesite. But it will not connect either. Any ideas?
Thanks
Cyric
FORGER AREAS

Postby Cyric » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:45 am

Check out this site:

http://www.torilmud.org/mainconnect.htm

If you still have questions feel free to email any of the staff. Good luck, and we look forward to seeing you online!
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:47 am

Hi,

I use the host address: torilmud.dyndns.org port: 9999 to connect, that seems to resolve an address of: 66.109.139.207

The torilmud website says to us host address: torilmud.org port: 9999

Using telnet, or preferrably zmud.
BEER

Cannot Connect

Postby Guest » Thu May 26, 2005 6:44 pm

Is this mud up and working? I have been trying to connect for days, and it is not responding to anything. I have tried following the advice you gave to the original request and telnet tells me "Connection Time Out" and Cannot Connect. I tried IP addresses as well. Is this mud down? If not, why might I not be able to connect?

Thanks!

Darsen
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Thu May 26, 2005 6:48 pm

As far as I know, the mud is not down. Are you running a client or straight telnetting in?
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu May 26, 2005 6:57 pm

also where are you trying to connect from? some work places block port 9999 so you won't be able to connect from work....

Pril
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Thu May 26, 2005 7:08 pm

Pril wrote:also where are you trying to connect from? some work places block port 9999 so you won't be able to connect from work....

Pril

Stupid workplaces!

*Grumbles to himself and gets back to work because he's blocked*
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'

Cannot Connect

Postby Guest » Thu May 26, 2005 7:32 pm

Ahh ok.. are there any alternate ports for this? Or are the Imms making it policy that you should not mud from work?? LOL

Some muds (Duris, and others) have different ports especially for firewalls at work. Is Toril looking into this at all?

Let me know!

Darsen
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Re: Cannot Connect

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Thu May 26, 2005 8:21 pm

Guest wrote:Ahh ok.. are there any alternate ports for this? Or are the Imms making it policy that you should not mud from work?? LOL

Some muds (Duris, and others) have different ports especially for firewalls at work. Is Toril looking into this at all?

Let me know!

Darsen

Nah, it's only port 9999, there are ways around a work firewall, just depends how much you really really want to mud from work though.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
DarkElfDarius
Sojourner

Postby DarkElfDarius » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:00 am

I'd like to know the ways around the firewall, I would love to mud at work

Return to “NHC: New Player Help”