Suggestions on effectively soloing a shaman

Stuck? Have a question? Ask here!
Zolav
Sojourner

Suggestions on effectively soloing a shaman

Postby Zolav » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:39 pm

Hello all.. My shaman is now 26th and thus far I'm loving playing a shaman.

Sometimes I find myself soloing a fair bit and in an effort to make soloing the most productive I can, what tips or suggestions can you provide on how to solo a 5th circle shaman most effectively?

My current technique is to stone myself, send in the pet, blind the mob, faerie fire the mob then nuke till dead.. this works well for taking down the mob but leaves me with a long mem/pray time.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Zolav
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:12 am

Your pet is designed to have superior AC. This means you can stone yourself, stone your spirit, armor it, vit it (when you hit 31), and let it tank while you mem some spells back.

Usually I spell up a pet, then mem back those spells before ever engaging. That takes a large chunk out of your pray time. After a few kills, you'll figure out which mobs hurt your pet more than others, and you'll need to decide whether you want to A: restone your pet when you come back in after a mem, or B: use that 1 baby heal. I would opt for the stoneskin.

Faerie fire isn't all that useful unless you're meleeing the mob, really. If you're really wanting to use some debuffers other than blind, use hex before you cast blind. A landed hex makes all other debuffing spells land way easier (blind, ray, silence).

At 26th, though, it's a tough call with only 1 6th circle. If the spirit isn't getting too badly beaten up (i.e. the stone drops after 3 minutes instead of 30 seconds), I would just forego the stone altogether and focus on debuffing.

-Deathmagnet
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Zolav
Sojourner

Postby Zolav » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:25 am

Thanks for the suggestion.. I'll give it a try.

Also, what con mobs would generate the most exp per time spent on kill them?

Zolav
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:29 am

Until you get some more 6th circle spells under your belt, stick with "Do you feel lucky" and maybe "Are you mad?" type mobs.

Also remember - if a mob switches, and you're not engaged, all you have to do is walk out of the room for about 3 seconds, then return. Another thing is that if the mob doesn't track, you and your pet can both always flee out for another run after healing up.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'

Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:18 am

Another thing I found useful, is to cast your highest circle single target damage spell (it's puppet for you), and then go mem out. If you cast all your offense, while you will do more damage per run, your total mem time will be far greater.

However, for really tough mobs that like to switch a lot, hard to blind, and hit like trucks you may want to stick with going all offense and meming out when you are done - the idea being that the blind is the hardest to land, and once you land it, you might as well use it for all it's worth.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:50 am

I'm after maximizing my exp when I have to solo and this is great stuff!!

Thanks!

Zolav

Return to “NHC: New Player Help”