solo

Stuck? Have a question? Ask here!
markg

solo

Postby markg » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:50 am

I've never been much of a groupie, always preferred soloing. What class is advisable to play?
I prefer melee, I've never really enjoyed playing caster classes. From the posts I've read, it seems that grouping is a necessity at higher lvls. Perhaps you can suggest a class that does well in solo, but can group some.
I thought about playing a pally, but since I wasn't able to find a paladin newbie guide, I decided against winging it.
Anyway, hope to see all of you in Toril soon.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:07 pm

For solo ability in a meleee class, Pali is going to be your best bet. You have the ability to heal yourself, armor, etc.

As far as the newbie guide goes, use the warrior guide, it is pretty close.

Playing a Paladin is pretty simple from what I hear. . .after all, Pril manages it. :P
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:49 am

Yes, go with Paladin.
There are a great many monsters and areas that offer good hunting solo for a paladin through the low-mid levels.

Welcome to the game! :)
BEER
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Re: solo

Postby Xisiqomelir » Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:23 am

Play necro.
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:13 am

Personally I would choose troll warrior over paladin.

troll warrior is a great starter class because it is also wanted at high levels, and where paladins need to do a quest to get a class defining sword, then troll warriors can just fight with what they find.

There is the issue with getting out of the hometown, but my advice is you learn the route before you begin xping, and die the 20 times nessesary before you begin to xp in scardale or whatnot.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:49 am

Necro, Shaman, Elementalist are all pet *creating* classes. Shaman pets are acquired at lvl 21through a fairly easy quest, elemenmtalists get their *big* pets at lvl 21, and necros get their pets after a kill when they raise them from the dead. Shaman can only get their pet 3 times per mud week, necros only if they can find a decent corpse, and elemenmtalists if not being attacked (but they are unlimited one at a time).

At higher levels, necro pets out-damage shaman and mentalist, but have their disadvantages that they cannot blind, stone, or heal (the pets can heal themselves).

Shaman are a great class to learn on, they get the healing, the curing, the minor damage, and at lvl 27 the stoneskin and vit!

Elementalists are the most fun (from what I have seen) as they can do *all that and a bag of chips* I have soloed stuff with my mentalist that I have seen a group of people fail on.

Where necro and elementalist are mages, they are physically weak and are harder to start from a *brand new* mudder perspective. Lower level mobs will kick your butt, and your spells are weak as all anything at the start.

Shaman are priest hybrids and get armor spells and cure light very early and are far easier to start. They also have the BONUS (:P) of word of recall for those fun times of exploring.

As a whole, if you can find a PC tank til lvl 21, elementalists are the best for soloing (in my opinion). Keep in mind tho, that the tank classes are easiet to start because they can actually kill things bigger than they can at a lower level. Mages get their power later in life, and are WAY more fun than the hack n slashers.

-Ambar - Ogre shaman
-Aerisia - grey elf elementalist
-Ilisa - human necromancer
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb

Return to “NHC: New Player Help”