How to tell difference between weapon dmg?

Stuck? Have a question? Ask here!
denna39
Sojourner

How to tell difference between weapon dmg?

Postby denna39 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:17 pm

I'm totally new to MUDs, btw.

I'm wandering around Scarsdale. My dwarf (Fumoc) started with a spiked battleaxe. I bought a warhammer and found a bone dagger lying about (prob. cuz no one could sell it).

I remove and wield those 3 different weapons and my attributes still read the same: Hitroll: 4, Damroll: 6. Really? A battleaxe, warhammer, and dagger all do the same damage?

Can anyone shed light on how I tell which ones are more powerful...or indeed how I tell anything about the differences between weapons besides their name? How are Hitroll and Damroll determined?

I see the Weapon Shop sells a flail for 1 plat + change....if I equipped that, would I still be Hit 4, Dam 6?

Anything anyone can tell me would be appreciated....Thanks folks!!!

-Bob
Fumoc the Dwarven Warrior

Currently - Exploring the Temple of Helm outside Scardale. Dang there sure are a lot of Orcs here. What, you want me to get you something? How about I give you HOT DEATH!!!!
amena wolfsnarl
Sojourner

Re: How to tell difference between weapon dmg?

Postby amena wolfsnarl » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:36 pm

Kegor will be able to tell you the damage dice 'tell kegor stat spiked battle-ax' and he will repeat the weapon stats. The hit is based on a modifier put on the weapon by the creator same with the dam. You won find alot of. Change in the weapons in scardale. I'll be on tonight and I'll toss you some toys to play with if your around.
Dugmaren tells you 'Welcome to Canada, don't blame us if you're stupid enough to get eaten by the wild life'
denna39
Sojourner

Re: How to tell difference between weapon dmg?

Postby denna39 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:16 pm

Thanks Amena....I don't think I'll be on tonight but I'll ask Kegor for stats next time I am. Thanks!

-Bob

Return to “NHC: New Player Help”