Anti MR

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
oteb
Sojourner

Anti MR

Postby oteb » Thu Feb 06, 2003 5:50 am

How about intrducing a new flag to eq?
AntiMR something that will let casters get their spells thru mob's MR alike to flux but instead on eq that can be worn. Make it rare and hard to get. As a voker i am probably biased but i would glady sacrifice 50hp for 10% of antiMR. That would give caster more things to aim for then hp.
What do you think?
Bipple
Sojourner

Postby Bipple » Thu Feb 06, 2003 6:16 am

I believe the purpose of MR was to decrease the magic damage of players by a set amount. If somethig like this was implented they would need to increase MR by 10% otherwise it defeats the purpose. All it really would do is decrease Hp on casters.
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Thu Feb 06, 2003 12:31 pm

I have no idea about motivations but I always thought the introduction of such prevalent MR on new mobs was to encourage melee damage.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Thu Feb 06, 2003 3:39 pm

Snurgt wrote:I have no idea about motivations but I always thought the introduction of such prevalent MR on new mobs was to encourage melee damage.

Didnt work:)
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:18 am

thanuk wrote:
Snurgt wrote:I have no idea about motivations but I always thought the introduction of such prevalent MR on new mobs was to encourage melee damage.

Didnt work:)

I disagree, I think it encouraged it, but melee itself it worthless in comparison.

Anti-MR wouldn't be needed if melee was balanced. Adding a new flag like that will just detract even more melee.

Twinshadow
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
moritheil
Sojourner

Re: Anti MR

Postby moritheil » Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:44 pm

oteb wrote:How about intrducing a new flag to eq?
AntiMR something that will let casters get their spells thru mob's MR alike to flux but instead on eq that can be worn. Make it rare and hard to get. As a voker i am probably biased but i would glady sacrifice 50hp for 10% of antiMR. That would give caster more things to aim for then hp.
What do you think?

The thing is, they're very touchy about messing with MR. So it is far more likely that 10% of antiMR would cost you 400 hps rather than 50 hps :/
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”