Clerics and Bash

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
alendar
Sojourner

Clerics and Bash

Postby alendar » Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:20 pm

How about giving Clerics bash at like 25 th or 30th level?

alendar the ranger/neta the cleric

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:34 pm

If you want to bash. Play a warrior.

If you want to be able to bash and cast some sorts of heals...

Play a pali or ranger.

-Garg
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:48 pm

OMG

Please look at the idea post on giving clerics shieldblock. Then subsititute the world shieldblock for the word bash. That's my response.

Thank you.
Bipple
Sojourner

Postby Bipple » Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:03 pm

Veto this idea, it's the last thing Clerics need.
Deltin
Sojourner

Postby Deltin » Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:10 pm

hhmm although I think Clerics should get shield block I think bash is really not a skill Clerics would need or should have. They do have some warrior type skills but not every warrior skill.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:24 pm

give warriors full heal.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sun Feb 09, 2003 6:52 pm

thanuk wrote:give warriors full heal.

Give thanuk a ballgag that gives him the effect of perm major-para please. Thanks.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:32 pm

actually, if we gave clerics shieldblock and bash - we wouldnt need to waste our time playing warriors at all! this is a GREAT idea!

possible a rescue spell? maybe get enchanters to abuse blink somehow?
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:26 pm

order tiger rescue Daz

the Tiger gives you an indifferent look, takes out his popcorn and watches the carnage.

I love having my Tiger rescue the warriors in the group. They are particularly fond of BEING rescued as well :>)
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:35 pm

old depok wrote:I love having my Tiger rescue the warriors in the group. They are particularly fond of BEING rescued as well :>)

To tell you the truth i fuggin hate when shamans make their pets rescue me. It lags me for a round, the mob always switches off the shaman pet the next round making me have to rescue someone else from a mob i was already tanking, and then the chanter starts to spell up the shaman pet instead of me. Its probably on the top 5 most annoying things people can do during battle. If it doesn't say pretty hurt next to my name, leave meh alone!:)

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:43 pm

8)

Note to self- have bernie rescue thanuk a lot.
moritheil
Sojourner

hah

Postby moritheil » Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:53 pm

pure comedy :lol:
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:33 am

jesus guys quit pissing on the newbies. Sorry Neta but I don't think clerics will ever get bash. It disrupts the balance. As you gain more levels and group more you'll see why. In the mean time you can cast earthquake :)
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Koromar
Sojourner

Warriors need Full HEAL

Postby Koromar » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:41 am

I agree with Thanuk on this one .. Warriors should get full heal.

Clerics still have Ressurrect which warriors wouldn't have so what's the harm?

LOL Thanuk RIGHT ON BRO
If you were shrunken down and placed inside a Rice Chex would it look like you were in prison?
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:58 pm

1. Bash doesn't fit the ideal of cleric. SJ3 clerics are targets. The AI is designed for it, the spells are designed for it, the eq is designed for it.

2. Shieldpunching (realworld Bash) isn't something the normal person just does. It is learned. Clerics devote too much time to theological studies, helping the faithful, hindering the heretics, etc. to learn most combat skills. (though I do think they would learn basic skill with thier eq aka give them shieldblock with a low cap 30-40?)

3. If clerics had bash, you would never use it, or miss a good number of spells because of it. In big fights, clerics don't have a good deal of time to do much other than heal/silence/blind. (Would make last crypts room a lot more interesting though Inama group-says Salen bash man Salen straps a small silver shield to his arm. Thanuk rolls on the floor laughing at Salen.)

4. There are few good bashing shields in game, and less that a cleric can use. Since the skill would not be very high, clerics would need very heavy shields to bash.

5. The eq loss from a shield would be too high for most clerics to be willing to make the switch. There are a couple of shields that are hit/dam that get used now, and 1 that has high AC, but none that I can think of are very heavy. If you were wearing a shield, you would be doing it to combo AC/HP I would assume.

In essence, while bash would give clerics something to do, you wouldn't ever use it except solo, and if you had to, the fight would be ugly by the end.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Feb 12, 2003 3:04 pm

Silence is better than bash.

Honestly i equate clerics asking for bash with rogues asking for headbutt. What the hell for? circle does more damage:)

In closing, shields should have better stats. 50 hps shields for everyone!

old depok
Sojourner

Postby old depok » Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:29 pm

Fyi Thanuk -

I don't really rescue warriors unless they ask for it.

Quite frankly, I rarely worry about warriors at all unless I know we have a crappy cleric or crappy enchanter in the group who is not fhealing or scaling/stoning the main tank. If that is the case I pay a little bit more attention to heals and stones.

I also don't turn autorescue on unless we are real short on warriors or they suck or I am bored :>)

Depok :>)
Malacar
Sojourner

Postby Malacar » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:44 pm

How's about...

Scotty don't!
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:53 pm

old depok wrote:Fyi Thanuk -

I don't really rescue warriors unless they ask for it.

Quite frankly, I rarely worry about warriors at all unless I know we have a crappy cleric or crappy enchanter in the group who is not fhealing or scaling/stoning the main tank. If that is the case I pay a little bit more attention to heals and stones.

I also don't turn autorescue on unless we are real short on warriors or they suck or I am bored :>)

Depok :>)

Oh yeah i didnt mean you specifically, i was just saying i hate it when people do that shit so stop ya bastids!

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”