Druid DI

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Emarin
Sojourner

Druid DI

Postby Emarin » Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:24 pm

if Dire Radiers, and Rangers can cast DI, damnit druids should be able to as well. Having to get a DI from someone else, just so that I can well some random person... well you can imagine. Yes, I realize that Detect invis is a staple spell, which would quite frankly suggest I'm asking to upgrade druids. I'm not, I'm merely siting that if we have detect magic, we're able to cast magic, and since other classes that are more associated with melee have detect invis, why wouldn't a druid?

Oh, and treants... yea, they're trees, give them perm. barkskin plz.
I'm sure other druids would agree
Chandigar2
Sojourner

Postby Chandigar2 » Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:34 pm

Well... if you notice, only classes that can cast invis, can cast DI.

Rangers and Dires are mage/cleric/warrior hybrids. Druids are clerics. Shamans are cleric/mage so have invis and di. Paladins are warr/cleric so don't have either. Etc ;)

I don't see any reason to give DI to druids...

(woot, druid guildie flames inc!)

And you probably wounldn't want perm barskin on your treants, since barkskin varies based on caster level... your treant would have a barkskin quite a few levels lower than the one you could cast on it and therefore worse AC. And prevent you from overwriting with a better bark.
Daz
Sojourner

Postby Daz » Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:36 pm

i vote we give druids DI right after chanters get heal.
Shevarash OOC: 'Muma on Artificial Intelligence - Muma OOC: 'someday the quotes really will just become AI and then i'll talk to the AI and be like, hey you come from me, but it will get angry at me and revolt and try to kill me or something heheheh. like in the movies''
Myre
Sojourner

Postby Myre » Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:06 pm

I would insert some arguement about DI being ARCANE magic and sense life being DIVINE magic like forgotten realms is supposed to be based..

however, that policy and concept has been so completely gang raped by the spell distribution amongst classes and items it would lead to a thread that would exceed the 'most responses' thread which no one really wants to read through :shock:
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Feb 15, 2003 6:17 pm

I've asked and talked to some gods about giving clerics a self only form of true sight at high level (just like they have in D&D). Answer was basically no :P
Emarin
Sojourner

Postby Emarin » Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:17 am

how bout them treants!?!
gordex
Sojourner

Postby gordex » Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:58 am

I would like DI as a druid, but I don't think it is appropriate, based on how the spells are classed on the mud. As for the bark on treants. I would rather cast bark on them, because I get specialize on bark which makes it better than a non specialized version. If they automatically put bark on treants as though we (the specialized druid) cast it afterwards, then that would work.
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:30 pm

I just want all the Sense Life stuff taken out of the game. Since there is no (very little) DI eq priests get, there shouldn't be much Sense Life eq everyone else gets. :roll:
Chandigar2
Sojourner

Postby Chandigar2 » Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:36 pm

Except that sense life is self only and DI is free to distribute to the masses.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:36 pm

Hence my request for a self-only true sight spell for clerics like we get in D&D ;)
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:38 pm

Codswallop! Ravens feathers are distrubeted to the masses!

I don't think druids should get DI...yeh I would love it heh
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Mon Feb 17, 2003 8:46 pm

Chandigar2 wrote:Except that sense life is self only and DI is free to distribute to the masses.

Which would then lend even more support to DI items for priests being more available as it saves enchanters doing work.
But, since Sense Life is self only and freely available, where are the clericable Fireshields? After all that's self only too. :?:

Druids don't need DI. The only reason shamans get DI is they can (could) summon Air elementals and yet not see them.

I also agree with Rylan (go figure) that a good 8th or 9th circle would be a Divine Sight spell that mimics True Sight, other than it would be self only. [sarc] Of course it was decided long ago that a cleric with any form of DI would throw the Mud SOOOOO far out of balance that everyone would immediately store their eq, delete, and roll a cleric. DI, Turn Undead, Holy Word and Revive???? Craziness I tell you.[/sarc]

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”