Modification to the practice command

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Eilorn
Sojourner

Modification to the practice command

Postby Eilorn » Mon Feb 17, 2003 4:01 am

How about when we type 'practice' at our guild master you add an asterix to each skill that can be practiced?

<pre>
Agility Based Skills:

kick (below average) (42)*7 p, 8 g, 8 s, and 9 c coins
rescue (above average) (56) 24 p, 5 g, 4 s, and 6 c coins
dodge (average) (47)*23 p, 3 g, and 4 c coins
</pre>

There have been many times that I've only had money to practice several skills, and it would have been nice have had an indicator as to which ones were practicible, rather than having had to go down the list of my top skills, until I had spent my money.

Eilorn
Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually there's just the hard way.
-- Buffy, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
Pabo
Sojourner

Postby Pabo » Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:45 pm

I agree to this idea. :D Especially when playing a spellcaster, the practice menu gets tediously long. It will definately help if there was somekind of indication that the skill can be practiced instead of typing down the whole list to figure out which ones I can practice. Either that or just have the monetary amount next to the skills that can be practiced at the moment. No real point having the cost there if it can't be practiced anyways, tho I suppose some people would like to see how much it would cost..
kanenan
Sojourner

Postby kanenan » Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:46 pm

///

command : Train
use : in guild

this command initiates a gruelling training session that practices all applicable skills from top down, until A) all skills have been notched, or B) there is no longer any money to pay for training. After completion of said training, the player is TrainFX'd (similar to ress fx) for 5 realtime minutes in order to rest and meditate on the lessons learned.

Practicing of individual skills can still be effected as per norm.

rangers.. no, you CANT live without them.
stuff.
Eilorn
Sojourner

Postby Eilorn » Wed Feb 19, 2003 1:46 am

kanenan wrote:command : Train

this command initiates a gruelling training session that practices all applicable skills from top down, until A) all skills have been notched, or B) there is no longer any money to pay for training.

But, I don't want to practice from top down! I've never paid to practice swimming/mount/bandage/etc. I just want to practice the ones I think are most important, at that level.

Eilorn.
Now, we can do this the hard way, or... well, actually there's just the hard way.

-- Buffy, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
kanenan
Sojourner

Postby kanenan » Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:00 pm

kanenan wrote:///

command : Train

this command initiates a gruelling training session that practices all applicable skills from top down, until A) all skills have been notched, or B) there is no longer any money to pay for training. After completion of said training, the player is TrainFX'd (similar to ress fx) for 5 realtime minutes in order to rest and meditate on the lessons learned.

Practicing of individual skills can still be effected as per norm.

rangers.. no, you CANT live without them.

is that type face better?
the TRAIN command would allow for a very speedy and finger free session, draining your bank account until pracs are notched. its pretty simple. and im sure 100000 coppers is more than enough.

wow three edits.. what you think is important. i go with my guildmaster and train in every area that he says i can be traineed in to become a better skilled warrior, in every skill. its a good deal. and if you have the comfort of 100 plat, go nuts! i personally practice every 2-3 levels in guild. but when i was lower level i practiced every level, as soon as i could. new techniques are > than getting owned by baby turxx bunnees. ( only a turxx bunnee could own anyone. noone has that power. noone )

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”