Bards - Specialize!

Archive of the Sojourn3 Ideas Forum.
Koble
Sojourner

Bards - Specialize!

Postby Koble » Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:58 pm

After reading through random help files and looking up the ideas that have been posted here for bards, I came up with something that I thought might be kinda cool.

Under help specialize, it says...

All Mage sub-classes and Clerics may pick *one* and only one area in
which to specialize. Once picked, they may not change
their specialization. Thereafter, spells in their area of expertise will
be more potent, last longer, and possibly have wider effects,
depending on how proficient they are at the specialization.

Well, why don't you let Bards do the same, except they choose between songs, magic and rogue skills? For instance, if they chose to specialize in songs, they might get 1 extra song each 10 levels. Or if they chose to specialize in magic, they might get 2 spells every circle rather than 3 every other circle. And if they choose to specialize in rogue, let them be able to notch a few rogue skills up to maybe 75% or so of what a rogue could.

So, yeah, just throwing an idea out there. Might be cool?
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:17 pm

8)

Actually, casters can't choose their specialty anymore. They get their one area of specialization and that's it. So necromancers get specialize necromancy, elementalists get specialize elemental, clerics get specialize healing and so on.
Pabo
Sojourner

Postby Pabo » Thu Apr 10, 2003 11:27 pm

My cleric had a choice between different specializations, I obviously choose healing, but I still had a choice. This was about 2 months ago, unless they recently changed it.
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri Apr 11, 2003 6:28 pm

My drow cleric was able to choose which specialization she wanted. That was from this week, like max 3 days ago.

-LL
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:00 pm

8)

I guess I goofed up, then. I was sure that most of the classes were changed so that they couldn't choose their specializations anymore, since everyone just chose the same thing, anyhow.

Return to “S3 Ideas Archive”